PDA

View Full Version : Jack Clark goes after Pujols and Verlander

JustRalph
08-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Says he knows they took Steroids.........

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/08/09/Jack-Clark-Accuses-Justin-Verlander-Albert-Pujols-Shawn-Green-of-PED-Use

Clark has never been one to keep his mouth closed................ :lol:

thaskalos
08-09-2013, 09:58 PM
No one believed Canseco either...and yet...

Jack Clark is probably telling the truth as well. Why else would he name just those three players?

Of course the players and Mihlfeld will deny it; does anybody ever admit it?

TJDave
08-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Says he knows they took Steroids.........

I don't know why anyone would give a crap.

Explain it to me.

exactatom
08-10-2013, 10:06 AM
The first question someone needs to ask Pujols is not if he took PEDS, but what is his real age? With his recent injuries, he certainly is starting to resemble a ballplayer closer to 40 than his stated age. Why does baseball not do something to verify the ages of players not born in the USA?

tucker6
08-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Looks like Jack Clark is in a steaming mess at this point. Fired from his job and being sued by Pujols. The substance behind Clark's assertion has evaporated, and his chances of getting new employment and keeping his house are low.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9553275/albert-pujols-says-sue-jack-clark-false-accusations

JBmadera
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Jack was never the sharpest tool in the shed but damn he had one sweet swing. He's one of my all time fav Giants.

Stillriledup
08-10-2013, 03:17 PM
I didnt realize you could sue someone if you don't agree with their opinion.

Marshall Bennett
08-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Believe Jack Clark got his first major league homer off Nolan Ryan.
Seems as if any noteworthy star is connected to steroid use anymore, so as Dave stated, who cares anymore? It's certainly a huge mess, and it will be interesting when the dust settles what damage it does to baseball.

tucker6
08-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I didnt realize you could sue someone if you don't agree with their opinion.
If Jack Clark would have said, "in my humble opinion, Pujols took peds", then you would be correct that you can't sue someone's opinion and win the case. You can always sue!! However, Clark stated it as a fact, and that is slander if untrue. He's in a heap of trouble on this, and since his source disputes his "facts", he's gonna lose his shirt too. He'd be much better off coming out tomorrow and admitting he screwed up and take his lumps from Pujols. The longer he waits, the costlier it will get for him.

exactatom
08-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I doubt the lawsuit will come to fruition. If Clark has good counsel, the attorney will depose Pujols and ask him about his age, which Albert has stated numerous times is accurate. All of these players have skeleptons of some sort they do not want revealed. After all, why are you so few lawsuits ever actually filed?

A new all sports station started in St. Louis August 1 and Clark was paired with another co host who has a history of starting controversey and firings from the local stations.

This appears to me to be a lot of hype.

JustRalph
08-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Pujols has a problem. He doesn't want to be deposed. I am sure of that. A good attorney could turn it around on him big time.

Clark's sources might be denying things now, but they have to go under oath too...... which can get sticky

Clark may be an asshole, but Pujols might want to be careful. Sometimes getting what you ask for can put you in a bind.

wisconsin
08-11-2013, 10:25 AM
My question has always been who is/was not on PEDs?

cj
08-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Pujols has a problem. He doesn't want to be deposed. I am sure of that. A good attorney could turn it around on him big time.

Clark's sources might be denying things now, but they have to go under oath too...... which can get sticky

Clark may be an asshole, but Pujols might want to be careful. Sometimes getting what you ask for can put you in a bind.

I agree 100%. Lance was suing people left and right too.

Valuist
08-11-2013, 07:20 PM
There was a very heavy run of unders in MLB in June and July. Very unusual as the warmer temps tend to favor hitters. One theory is that word had got out back in early June that MLB would be coming out with their PED suspensions, and a lot of players were still using PEDs, and they backed off.

Stillriledup
08-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Phat Al thinks by bringing a lawsuit, people will automatically assume he must be clean because a dirty bird wouldnt bring a suit. Of course, being the contrarian thinker that i am...i'm automatically trained to think the "opposite" of conventional wisdom.

cj
10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Awesome reading!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/the-letter-from-jack-clarks-lawyer-to-albert-pujols-lawyer-is-something-else/

JustRalph
10-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Clark apparently found a lawyer that matches his personality

I would be embarrassed.

If I was Pujols I would be very afraid. A judge could decide he hates the jackass Lawyer for Clark, but turn on Pujols for following through with this crap

Stillriledup
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Awesome reading!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/the-letter-from-jack-clarks-lawyer-to-albert-pujols-lawyer-is-something-else/

That's Laugh out loud funny. Wow, great find.

:lol: