PDA

View Full Version : Hey PA

Amazin
03-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Can I offer you a chill pill? Dude,you need to calm down. Stop kicking people off the board and closing threads and..... be more of a moderator rather than a policeman. I never dissed you. I called you on a fact. Capiche?

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Who did I kick off now? I haven't kicked off anyone in a long time (ok, maybe one or two posters in the last year or so, big deal!) I resent greatly the fact that you are trying to imply that I am kicking people off willy nilly. This is certainly NOT the case. I put a great deal of agonizing thought into whether or not to remove a poster from the active roster.

Sometimes being a moderator and being a policeman is a very fine line, and unfortunately, I am the one who has to walk it.

If everyone would follow the DAMN RULES of this place, I wouldn't have to be a policeman or a moderator.

If you didn't take that thread off topic by bringing up Suff, CJ and the merits of this board, and just addressed the little Pick 4 issue that has crept up between us (an issue YOU initiated by the way), everything would have been fine.

But, since you decided to once again try and take a thread in an unrelated direction, I exercised my God-given right, as sole proprietor of this place, to close that thread. I didn't want it to lose its original meaning, get it?

However, I will thank you for the free advice. I'll take it for what it was worth.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 02:07 AM
And to address your second to last thought, "I called you on a fact."

What exactly does that mean?? Why did you feel the need to call me on the fact that I had yet (at that time) to turn a profit in the Pick 4? (By the way, I now DO have a profit in the contest, if you did not know).

Was I going around the board proclaiming to be a wizard or guru of sorts? Was I posting how great a handicapper I am?

Please enlighten me as to why you felt the need to "Call me" on that particular (and as of now, very much IN ERROR) fact? I want to know why I was being "called."

After you answer all of my questions posed in these last two replies, I'll take that chill pill.

Dick Schmidt
03-02-2004, 02:44 AM
PA,

If you ask me, you should be throwing more people off the board than you do. This is your board, paid for from your pocket, so if becomes stressful, make any changes you feel are right. Why put up with anyone who goes out of their way to annoy you? Your ball, your rules.

Dick

P.S. Unless I start to annoy you. In which case you'll need to stop and have a long think.

P.P.S. Did I ever tell you what a swell guy I thing you are?

In a democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your Count votes.

GameTheory
03-02-2004, 04:54 AM
Amazin --

You are an incredible jackass and an even more incredible moron.

Just a fact, don't get upset about it.

so.cal.fan
03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
I've been reading this board for a long time, seems to me PA is pretty damn fair.
Hey, it's his board, like Dick says, we are all talking on "his nickel".
The few people he barred from posting here, were more than likely either not who they claimed to be (freaks with some hidden agenda) or people trying to use his board as a free advertising tool.
Either way, he had a right to do what he saw fit.
Many of you expound your political opinions on a daily basis.
He has a right to disagree with you.
A few people even post their religious beliefs, which I personally consider inappropriate for this message board, but hey, I don't have to read them either.
Politics will always be debated.....that is a given.
I respect everyone's right to their opinion, and I think PA moderator does as well, as long it we keep it civil.
Not a whole lot to ask for?

Amazin
03-02-2004, 01:35 PM
PA

Look.GT just called me a jackass and a moron. How come you don't take disciplinary action like you would if "other" members said the same thing? I believe he just violated his PA contract.Why do give some guests more liberty to express their opinions in any form they want than others?Why does my opinion,devoid of derogatory words inflame you?Your bias shows,but it doesn't bother me. It is your board to do as you please.Just don't pretend to be so democratic.

I'm not sure what you are so upset about. If it's about the Pk4,I have mentioned a fact that your performance in the Pk4 is hinging on the last weekend as far as you making a profit or breaking even and that wasn't the most desirable position to be in. Is that dissing you or is that just stating your position in the PK4? I also mentioned that I would not like to be in the position the money leader is in since he hadn't hit a pk4 in 2 months. I would feel something is off with my handicapping. That has nothing to do with Irish. I have nothing against him. I am critiquing the pk4 performances not the people.. And you are overreacting to my critique. Heaven forbid you make a movie and I critique that. As a critic I am entitled to my opinion. Unless you have a sign somewhere saying "no opinions allowed".

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I have a problem with you constantly CHANGING YOUR TUNE.

First it was (and I PARAPHRASE HERE) "Hey PA, you've only hit one damn Pick4 in the whole contest....you suck"

Next, it was (and I PARAPHRASE HERE) "hey PA, you show a loss in the Pick 4 contest, even though you've hit 4 of the last six...you still suck"

Now it's "Oh, you're showing a profit now, but that's not enough. Plus you've got another weekend to go...nah nah nahnah nah!"

Stop changing the tune.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
PA

Look.GT just called me a jackass and a moron. How come you don't take disciplinary action like you would if "other" members said the same thing?

I have NEVER taken disciplinary action against anyone for using the term jackass or moron SPARINGLY. If it gets out of hand, or the person is CONSTANTLY baiting and flaming others, then I move into action.

Plus, the truth is, I'm more fond of GT than I am of some other people, so he is more liklely to get a free pass every now and then. Just like in real life....

ranchwest
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Amazin,

PA would only discipline GT for calling you a jackass and a moron if it weren't true. What are the odds?

BTW, I guess that other thread got closed before you had an opportunity to answer me when I asked your position in the contest. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the contest, so I need to be enlightened here.

Amazin
03-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Pa

I never said "you suck". That's you reading too much into my posts. Obviously you would be offended if I said that,but don't misunderstand me. I'm not that dumb.

If I'm changing my tune It would be because your performance in the PK4(IMO) has moved up to a C at this point,up from a D since you have picked it up a bit. But only a C because if you lose both days this weekend,you'll only break even. Not a performance to write a book about. If that pisses you off,so be it. I haven't found a handicapper yet who strives for mediocrity.

Amazin
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
RW said"PA would only discipline GT for calling you a jackass and a moron if it weren't true. What are the odds?

99-1

RW asked"I asked your position in the contest"

I estimate I would be in the top 5

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Pa I never said "you suck".

Remember Amazin, I said I was paraphrasing, and maybe using a bit of artistic license as well...

Tom
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Amazin,
Are you time-sharing your handle with VS?

:confused:

Seriously, maybe it is time to grown up and quit being a general boar. You are contributing nothing here and p*ssing off other people...to what end? Your entertainment?
Grow up dude. Your act is old.

ranchwest
03-02-2004, 10:54 PM
RW said"PA would only discipline GT for calling you a jackass and a moron if it weren't true. What are the odds?

99-1

RW asked"I asked your position in the contest"

I estimate I would be in the top 5

As my high school coach always said, "In order to participate, you have to get into the program."

WINMANWIN
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
The bottom line Amazin is, How dare you rate the players that
interact in contests when you dont partake in them, Talk about
ranting about performance :mad: and not ever participating is
so lame and silly. When you give an Analysis of a race at times
In the selections forum and your selections RUN DEAD LAST, does anyone CRITQUE your analysis, and say YOU SUCK or insult you ? I Didn't Think so, Maybe you should partake every now and then in the future, THEN YOU COULD JAB US, but when you dont get involved, and Jab others, It's just not RIGHT !

Tom
03-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Very well put!
:D

Amazin
03-03-2004, 07:01 PM
It's Amazin bashing time. Gimmie all you got. The more the merrier.

PaceAdvantage
03-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Why should we make you happy?