PDA

View Full Version : Cashing in on the AD craze.

Stillriledup
08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
The entire world seems to be "cashing in" on the ad craze, do you need a website to cash in on this? What about posting vidoes on youtube, i've seen Joe Blows have videos on the tube and when you click on the video, a 30 second ad plays...does that person get some of that revenue for the ad playing on their video?

I think i want to start cashing in too, its enough to have to look at all these ridiculous ads that "follow" my search history and my e mail content, i'd love to get in on the action.

There's enough cash to go around to give SRU some, no? :D

HuggingTheRail
08-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Okay, I'll be the one to ask....what would you be selling in your ad?

thaskalos
08-08-2013, 01:39 AM

SRU's Modern Guide To Trip Handicapping.

I can't think of a person more qualified to undertake such a venture. :)

JustRalph
08-08-2013, 01:40 AM
youtube ads net you about 1k for 1.2million views...........

fyi

Stillriledup
08-08-2013, 02:25 AM

Modern guide to trip handicapping. ;)

johnhannibalsmith
08-08-2013, 03:47 AM
The YouTube example is going to set me off. And it isn't just YouTube, it's news sites, sports, whatever.

So, they tease you with something and tell you how much you're going to love it. So you click and immediately the shitty music for some commercial you've seen a billion times starts playing and the slowest countdown in all of history begins before your video finally starts.

I get so pissed off at whoever is interrupting my viewing, be it that stupid lizard or the ugly lady that sells insurance, some nerd that can't live without his phone doing something that nobody would never actually do, some effeminate bumbling fool providing the contrast to demonstrate female superiority in every realm of life, highly cultured scholarly tri-racial lovers... I VOW TO NEVER BUY WHATEVER CRAP THEY ARE PIMPING FOR THE CRIME OF INTERRUPTING MY VIDEO!!!

Why oh why are the rest of you incentivizing them to ruin my day thirty-two seconds at a time??????????

HUSKER55
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I was going to say because it is you but then the truth came over me. I am bored with nothing to do! :D

you can check out my blog at ........:D

Steve 'StatMan'
08-08-2013, 11:52 AM
youtube ads net you about 1k for 1.2million views...........

fyi

Wow. A guy would make more money going on Jackass and letting them staple their nuts to the floor!

Longshot6977
08-08-2013, 01:55 PM
The YouTube example is going to set me off. And it isn't just YouTube, it's news sites, sports, whatever.

So, they tease you with something and tell you how much you're going to love it. So you click and immediately the shitty music for some commercial you've seen a billion times starts playing and the slowest countdown in all of history begins before your video finally starts.

I get so pissed off at whoever is interrupting my viewing, be it that stupid lizard or the ugly lady that sells insurance, some nerd that can't live without his phone doing something that nobody would never actually do, some effeminate bumbling fool providing the contrast to demonstrate female superiority in every realm of life, highly cultured scholarly tri-racial lovers... I VOW TO NEVER BUY WHATEVER CRAP THEY ARE PIMPING FOR THE CRIME OF INTERRUPTING MY VIDEO!!!

Why oh why are the rest of you incentivizing them to ruin my day thirty-two seconds at a time??????????

Hahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: . That's exactly how I feel. I thought I was the only one who thought the same thing. You summed it all up nicely.:ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
08-08-2013, 03:48 PM

yes, longshot is right, great post, if i click on some link and there's an ad playing, i immediately shut off the video i refuse to watch a commercial.

I also agree that i'd boycott any product where they are 'forcing' an ad on me. When i watch tv, i can tape shows and FF commercials, hopefully one day someone will invent a product that you can install on your computer to bypass all the nonsense.