PDA

View Full Version : The Colbert Report

Stillriledup
08-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Anyone from Colbert Nation here?

His episode the other night, with the singing and dancing, was incredible. Colbchella 13, Get lucky.

http://www.colbertnation.com/

johnhannibalsmith
08-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Paging FanDan!

I actually enjoy Jon Stewart when someone posts a clip from his show even though I've never actually seen the show. Colbert doesn't do it for me. I've seen some funny clips from his show, but he's just awkward or something.

Stillriledup
08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
He went to another level the other night with his "get lucky" skit.

FantasticDan
08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
He went to another level the other night with his "get lucky" skit. :eek: That was epic. A real feather in Kissinger's cap.. :p :ThmbUp:

Oh yes, definitely think both Stewart and Colbert are tremendous, but I almost never think to watch their shows. It's local news for me at 11pm, then some ESPN, Kimmel, Netflix streaming, or :sleeping:

FantasticDan
12-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Colbert's swan song featured a very.. eclectic collection of cameos :D :ThmbUp:

wUy1-JakJtE

Greyfox
12-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Colbert's swan song featured a very.. eclectic collection of cameos :D :ThmbUp:

wUy1-JakJtE

That was great. Thankyou FantasticDan for posting that video. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
12-19-2014, 01:23 PM
This clip includes the song again, but fast-forward to about 5:40 to see who Colbert met afterward.. :cool:

Z6xLmT-Qyro

TJDave
12-19-2014, 02:34 PM
but fast-forward to about 5:40 to see who Colbert met afterward

That was funny...for about 5 seconds. Always thought Colbert was way better as a part of the Daily Show. I think he'll be a big hit on Late Night, though.

ArlJim78
12-19-2014, 04:19 PM
I never found them funny or entertaining, Stewart or Colbert.

BlueShoe
12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I never found them funny or entertaining, Stewart or Colbert.Only time Stewart is good is when he is on with O'Reilly, and Bill O is making him look silly, refuting his far left nonsense.

JustRalph
12-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Stewart has done some brilliant skits in his time. He has some very good writers. They seem to move on to other shows quite quickly from what I read.

Colbert......never spent more than two minutes watching him

burnsy
12-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Stewart has done some brilliant skits in his time. He has some very good writers. They seem to move on to other shows quite quickly from what I read.

Colbert......never spent more than two minutes watching him

You should have, IMO he's twice as funny. That's why he's going to the big time. Plus, he's not as one sided. He lets them all have it and I like how he makes the media look stupid, which isn't that hard, but somehow so many believe the crap they see and hear. I've seen both shows, there's a reason this guy is getting the sweet gig.

magwell
12-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Replay on right now on comedy central........

horses4courses
12-19-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm a fan of Stewart and Colbert, but don't watch much TV.
It's going to be interesting to see Colbert's transition at Late Night.
He should do well.

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Colbert......never spent more than two minutes watching himI'm totally with you on this one...I find Stewart far more entertaining....

Stillriledup
12-24-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm totally with you on this one...I find Stewart far more entertaining....

Did Stewart dance to "Get Lucky"? I must have missed it. :D

Both are equally entertaining, love both shows.

Stillriledup
09-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Colbert replaces Letterman, tonight is the Colbert debut.

NorCalGreg
09-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Colbert replaces Letterman, tonight is the Colbert debut.

Oh cool......Tried to watch those posted vids--they're all dead links now. Imma have to watch that Colbert debut. My son's a big fan.

NorCalGreg
09-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Oh cool......Tried to watch those posted vids--they're all dead links now. Imma have to watch that Colbert debut. My son's a big fan.

Nevermind.......saw the "special guest" senor Jeb Bush--unless Colbert plans on making fun of him all evening, decided to watch Jimmy Fallon instead. Just heard Fallon say The Donald will be on an upcoming show.