PDA

View Full Version : trip note vrs chart caller help aqu players

lefthandlow
02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Well I liked a horse in the 9th today at aqu for a couple of reasons one was it was getting blinkers for the 1st time.Le Rock ran like it had a bag of rocks tied to his tail.So I looked up the charts and the caller said he was steadied on the ist turn and bla bla.Well as I see it the horse was RANK and ran so.In my opinion it was caused by those blinkers.The jock fought the horse and could not get it to relax again I feel it was those blinkers.My question is did any ny player here see what I saw or am I ready for a trip handicapping seminar or something.I don't mind losing
but it appeared to me the trainer made a mistake with the shades
here.It had two workouts with the hood on.Anyone???

WINMANWIN
03-01-2004, 12:26 AM
This was LE ROCK'S 2nd time out and 1st time trying the distance
To my knowledge, in the DRF Le Rock got lasix 1st time today.
And NO BLINKER ON, Change was posted.
I didnt hear or see, any public address announcment for BLINKERS ON, and the horse didnt have Shades ON for its 1st start. I'm curoius to know if the shades were Added or NOT today :confused: Anyway, I really liked DONT KNOCK AMERICA in that race and the 7 to 1 was a great price.

lefthandlow
03-01-2004, 07:53 AM
win
I looked at the charts and it said LE ROCK had lasix,blinkers, and
c..I just saw the horses head all over the place and the jock in a FULL NELSON trying to keep from bolting..Oh nice pick on your 7-1.
My complaint or problem is what the chart caller wrote. Thanks for the reply LL.

TravisVOX
03-01-2004, 09:02 AM
They aren't bad, but like any other track, they do miss some happenings here or there...

Last summer at Saratoga I was watching a horse (You'll recognize it now) called MAKARUMBA. He stumbled in the backstretch and lost quite a bit of lengths, but ran real nice through the lane. I stable watched him when I realized the charts didn't mention the stumble a bit. Next time out the horse was dull, but ran like the wind after that and is still going strong graduating from the N1X class just last week.

At Philadelphia Park there was a horse called END OF AN ERA who had a real funky stride...Keith Jones mentioned it while calling. The chart said nothing, but the horse ran really well despite the awkwardness of his running. Next time out, he won by seven.

Sometimes I wonder if they skip over these happenings on purpose...only race watching on the replays can point out these beasts.

lefthandlow
03-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Travis I agree... I just wish I had the time to watch all races.But TVG cuts off the race a split second after the race and you never see the horses gallop out or come back...Oh well