PDA

View Full Version : Penn National Monday

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 05:55 PM
R1: By a 10f stakes winner out of a mare by Fight Over (Preakness 3rd) :2: LULU'S PRIDE is bred for routing and an improving filly.

NP

Lulu needs a trainer...

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Hello Spaniard!
Do you want to play PID also (and maybe edit thread title if possible?)

Anyhow, in Race 3 PID

I am going with :2: Trippydoodle..

She got bumped around last time but was still game. I am not sure if I am even understanding what I read but... her trainer seems to have two improving stat categories and all other trainers have negative stat categories..

The race will tell! Actually 2-6 exacta box

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello Spaniard!
Do you want to play PID also (and maybe edit thread title if possible?)

Anyhow, in Race 3 PID

I am going with :2: Trippydoodle..

She got bumped around last time but was still game. I am not sure if I am even understanding what I read but... her trainer seems to have two improving stat categories and all other trainers have negative stat categories..

The race will tell! Actually 2-6 exacta box B****td. Deshawn parker did veered in on purpose and did not let Trippydoodle go past initially..will get only 5.20 instead of a potential 9.30.. a little :mad:

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Just Penn

R2: :3: MISS PLIMSOLL, a $250.000 purchase with a nice turf pedigree out of a stakes winner mare (Penn National Distaff Stakes) deserves another opportunity being the favorite an usual loser.

win/show

NP

a $76 winner!!!!!

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Penn R2

:8: Proper Heiress - I think she can hold her own although steping up in class. WP

:2: is another wildcard who I will give a shot. She has done decently at ALW company.. WS

Small SHOW bet on :5: Elegant Swan.. just coz

Interestingly in this race, I was drawn to Miss Plimsoll because of the name. My undergrad was in Naval Architecture and there is a line called Plimsoll Line

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Small SHOW bet on Elegant Swan.. just coz

$11.20, funny show

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Penn R2

:8: Proper Heiress - I think she can hold her own although steping up in class. WP

:2: is another wildcard who I will give a shot. She has done decently at ALW company.. WS

Small SHOW bet on :5: Elegant Swan.. just coz

Interestingly in this race, I was drawn to Miss Plimsoll because of the name. My undergrad was in Naval Architecture and there is a line called Plimsoll Line WTFFF I am glad :2: Cimbria came 4th as I would have been mad not to have made a cheap tri box.. I will go home happy with the Show on Elegant swan.. but "just coz" ought to be on Win from now. especially at such odds.. haha :bang: :bang:

SH on :5: paid 11.20
PL on :7: Proper Heiress (sorry it was not 8) paid 8.80

I did not play it.. but the evil dime super in this race paid 840 and change!!

Elegant Swan had come 3rd, 2nd and 1st in her last 3 tries in improving fashion.. how did the bettors let her go to 35-1 (25-1 at post).. but we know how odds change after gates open!!

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
PID R4

i will take a WIN shot with

:5: ZYDECO BLUEs Or :9: Backdoor strike (parker)

---------------
Nothing in that race.. :(

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Penn R3: Tough little race. :1: ELUSIVE STORY won big with a low figure first time David Wells. This horse won at the restricted $15.000 level in Aqueduct with a figure enough to win today. With this trainer he could make two in a row....

3rd

a $92 winner, they bet 45 bucks to win to this horse

lamboguy
08-05-2013, 06:53 PM
race 4 #8 FOXY SARA

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Penn National R 3

:4: is getting a weight allowance here.. has a shot.. WP

or maybe use in a box exacta with the favorite :6: Time for Wine ,, who does look good.

iceknight
08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Penn National R 3

:4: is getting a weight allowance here.. has a shot.. WP

or maybe use in a box exacta with the favorite :6: Time for Wine ,, who does look good.
Hmm.. . the lady jockeys are lighting up the board at 25-1 or more... <<-- problem is I don't bet these angles.. not worth in long run..
and this time it was both the horses with 111 lbs that came 1-2 ... :) :bang:

this angle I should have bet.. haha lol

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Penn R4: :7: SOUTH ANDROS is showing a strong turn of foot on the green. She needs good timing but she can win.

NP

and she runs up with the pace... against her hold up style...

iceknight
08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Penn Race 4
:5: City Sunset won last time at a mile carrying 116lb now carries only 107 lb... Would this make a difference/

:10: Serena's Tiger - has been up there usually and is worth a shot.

:1: Secret Skills was on the lead and lost to Proper Heiress last time (who *almost* won a similar class race at turf earlier today - no shame).

hard to toss Foxy Sara.. considering she is an Even the Score progeny.. hmm - think there's been big big stakes winners recently out of that one.
ok only Dullahan.. so I am not sure if Foxy Sara can hold her speed for 2 more furlongs..(than her 6f victories).

So I will go with the Shipper :7: South Andros (crap She is at 9/5 now).. late speed figures seem good for this one!

Box them all for a dime.. 2.40 bet!
5-10-7-1
I will also try a weird key with :10: Serenas Tiger and :2: My Marigold on top and the other 3 keyed around

jpjpicks
08-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Am going to help you guys out in race-6 at penn # :1: $20wp $60 show 2nd off the layoff on the pace big help plus real nice workout 3/21 lets get the money!!!

iceknight
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Penn Race 4
hard to toss Foxy Sara.. considering she is an Even the Score progeny.. hmm - think there's been big big stakes winners recently out of that one.
ok only Dullahan.. so I am not sure if Foxy Sara can hold her speed for 2 more furlongs..(than her 6f victories).

So I will go with the Shipper :7: South Andros (crap She is at 9/5 now).. late speed figures seem good for this one!

Box them all for a dime.. 2.40 bet!
5-10-7-1
I will also try a weird key with :10: Serenas Tiger and :2: My Marigold on top and the other 3 keyed around
ZILCH.. Should've had just bet Serena for WP lol....I am adding my winnings from anything earlier today back to the pool..
ok, I will play one more.. ie Race 5 and then I will go running 8F myself!

Maximillion
08-05-2013, 07:33 PM
race 5

:4: Jacks The One---Ideal profile for the race...Im not a fan of many of the PA breds in here.Hoping for a clean break and 5-2 or better.

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
R5: :4: JACK'S THE WON too

2nd

again the last horse won, what a night

iceknight
08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Race 5
I look for angles in races and I am wondering how the PP does not mention the seeming drop in class for :6: Jaguar King (from ALW in Parx to 25k CLM here).

At 6-1 he seems to be worth a WP shot..
the :5: Dimension belongs here with good runs

and the :1A: Holy Snip .. has done well with Kaylia Albright (jockey).. many races back.. is that angle?

:6: on top and key the 1a, 5, 3 and 4 (favorite) into a superfecta medley

Also 1a on top and key the others for another super

iceknight
08-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Hmmm. Wonder what the trainer for Shook the Hook is using..

oh.. well I guess philly water is not good .. So Susquehanna water is better than Delaware river water!!

Good night folks! It was fun playing along in my home state - which I usually don't play much! (PID and PENN)

Maximillion
08-05-2013, 07:55 PM
What can you do?

The :2: runs a lifetime best off a layoff.Didnt see it coming.

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Penn R6: Thanks JPJPICKS for your pick but I don't like it. Your horse (nš :1: ) ran his best race after 3 moths layoff, not in the second after the layoff. The favorite won in the slop, has done nothing over fast dirt. :5: DISTANT ISLANDS runs for the first time for a 39% win of the claim trainer, and his 66 figure 2 back wins this race.

JPJPICKS was right, good place, good show

The Spaniard
08-05-2013, 08:39 PM
PENN R7: :3: BRUM BRUM BOY comes from a fast win first time fo Bruce Kravets (claimed) and shows a big bullet (48H) on Jly 27, he's still razor sharp and ready to affront winners.