PDA

View Full Version : Official Jadeveon Clowney thread.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 02:58 PM
All Clowney, all the time. Its going to be a fun season for the potential #1 NFL draft pick.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
"The hit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM

elysiantraveller
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
That play happened immediately after a horrible referee call that gave Michigan a huge first down. I bleed blue but wanted the Gamecocks to get the ball back but DAYUM!

PhantomOnTour
08-05-2013, 03:49 PM
That hit & fumble recovery is just one of those standout athletic moments, like...

George Teague stripping Horace Copeland in full stride in the Sugar Bowl
Polamalu over the top to nail the QB at the snap
Jordan's hand switch lay-up vs the Lakers in the finals
Tyree's catch in the Super Bowl

help me, there's more....

EDIT: maybe Teague stripped Lamar Thomas...I cant remember

ManU918
08-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Bo Jackson running over Brian Bosworth.

Robert Fischer
08-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Larry Allen running down that linebacker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg

Dahoss2002
08-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Larry Allen running down that linebacker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg
Clowney is for real. That is for sure. Being an LSU fan, I was sooo worried he was gonna be all over Mettenberger last year but our 6th year senior lineman, Josh Dworazyc, did a magnificent job on him all game. So glad he will be turning pro after this season. Good luck Jadevon!!!!

Bettowin
08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Wait till he leads with his helmet and gets suspended for two game. Hopefully not but I could see it happening.

Robert Fischer
08-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Clowney is for real. That is for sure. Being an LSU fan, I was sooo worried he was gonna be all over Mettenberger last year but our 6th year senior lineman, Josh Dworazyc, did a magnificent job on him all game. So glad he will be turning pro after this season. Good luck Jadevon!!!!

He's a big tall defensive end too. Gives the impression that he's still getting stronger. This could be a huge season for him.

sandpit
08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Wait till he leads with his helmet and gets suspended for two game. Hopefully not but I could see it happening.

That new leading with the helmet and hitting high rule is going to change the game...word is that lots of defensive coordinators are teaching their players to go low this year, which could result in more leg or knee injuries.

wiffleball whizz
08-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Clowney can get Lost in the game too....he's great though

The hit itself once again got my new year off to a sizzling start....$400 Michigan money line there and they had all the momentum in the game.....and mike tirico who I absolutely love calling games was a little overboard on that call..." they deserve to have the ball and they do" or sometimg like that...

Let's see him in action this year when Everybofy is watching

And mr tirico why did the cocks deserve to have the ball??!!!???! For some reason I think before that play mich got lucky on a play.....remember thinking I caught a monster break and this hit happens!!!

elysiantraveller
08-07-2013, 12:15 AM
And mr tirico why did the cocks deserve to have the ball??!!!???! For some reason I think before that play mich got lucky on a play.....remember thinking I caught a monster break and this hit happens!!!

Michigan was awarded a first down when it was obvious on video replay that they were short a foot or two on a 4th down attempt.

wiffleball whizz
08-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Michigan was awarded a first down when it was obvious on video replay that they were short a foot or two on a 4th down attempt.

Yes it was a terrible call......the refs blowing the call might result in clowney winning the heismann......the heismann is a 2 year award.....you build a case 1 year and the best year u win it

MutuelClerk
08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm Michigan fan. It was a great hit and a ball call. When that hit becomes a penalty. I'm pretty much done with football. I'm already close. Defenseless receiver's? Ummmmmm, don't go over the middle of the field. Sports has changed for the worst. Used to be in hockey if you lost the puck in your feet and went to the middle of the ice with your head down, you'd get rocked. Now the onus is on the hitter and not the hittee. Terrible. In basketball if you drove the lane you'd pay a price. Football the same. Football is a contact sport. Make a better helmet. Maybe put just one bar on the helmet so it isn't used as a weapon. Teach guys to tackle again, not body check. God, I'm sounding like my Dad.

wiffleball whizz
08-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Cant wait when the cocks d shuts down a very weak tarheel squad week 1.....although the heels sometimes come to play in games like this...

All the makings of a 20-6 very workmanlike win nothing flashy....then off the top of my head I think there playing the dawgs in which uga is gonna be like rabid dogs after they got smoked last year.....

Very much think the dawgz are gonna be strong this year

Bettowin
08-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Alabama at A&M is going to be a old fashioned ass kicking.. Bama coming in with a big chip on their shoulder and I am hoping Manziel plays so the line doesn't get too out of hand.

wiffleball whizz
08-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Alabama at A&M is going to be a old fashioned ass kicking.. Bama coming in with a big chip on their shoulder and I am hoping Manziel plays so the line doesn't get too out of hand.

Can you say Gary danielson and Verne lunquist in the Saturday night 8pm slot on CBS?! It's gotta be......

I'm gonna say with Johnny football it's a 3 point aggie chalk.....they just ripped up teams last year on the road.....very impressive

wiffleball whizz
08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/5/22/4355834/alabama-texas-am-2013-football-tv-schedule-cbs

Actually shocked the bama a&m game isn't the prime time 8pm game this year....I remember CBS used to always showcase the Florida tennessee game at 8pm and they always play early in the year

wiffleball whizz
08-29-2013, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=wiffleball whizz]Clowney can get Lost in the game too....he's great though

Exactly.........he's nowhere to be found tonight.....too much talk cuz of one hit

ManU918
08-30-2013, 03:05 AM
he's nowhere to be found tonight.....too much talk cuz of one hit

He's not going to get 2 sacks a game... Not sure what you want... Teams are going to game plan to minimize his impact on the game... Anyone who actually thought he had a shot at the Heisman clearly doesn't follow college football.

wiffleball whizz
08-30-2013, 03:10 AM
He's not going to get 2 sacks a game... Not sure what you want... Teams are going to game plan to minimize his impact on the game... Anyone who actually thought he had a shot at the Heisman clearly doesn't follow college football.

I didn't say he was gonna win the heismann I watch most of there games and there's times he just gets exposed...bama qb gonna win it

And anyway Georgia will bury this team
Next week

ManU918
08-30-2013, 03:19 AM
I didn't say he was gonna win the heismann I watch most of there games and there's times he just gets exposed...bama qb gonna win it

And anyway Georgia will bury this team
Next week

McCarron? You were getting a solid number before the season kicked off on him. I personally don't think he has a shot because of Yeldon... If Teddy Bridgewater stays healthy I think he has a good shot. Both him and McCarron were 12/1.

Stillriledup
01-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Heading to the Draft.

#1 pick?

tucker6
01-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Heading to the Draft.

#1 pick?
He may be the most overrated defensive player coming out of college in a long time. He overruns too damn many plays and has attitude (I only play when it's in my best interests) and off field issues. Comes across as a prima donna athlete with all the baggage that eventually entails. I see BUST written all over him. He may prove me wrong, but I don't think he will.

ManU918
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Heading to the Draft.

#1 pick?

No shot... O'Brien is getting a QB with the 1st pick.

RaceBookJoe
01-03-2014, 09:08 AM
No shot... O'Brien is getting a QB with the 1st pick.

Most likely, are you thinking Bridgewater or someone else?

Robert Goren
01-03-2014, 09:13 AM
I am thinking the first four picks will be QBs.

ManU918
01-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Most likely, are you thinking Bridgewater or someone else?

I want to see who declares before I say.

aardvark
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
He may be the most overrated defensive player coming out of college in a long time. He overruns too damn many plays and has attitude (I only play when it's in my best interests) and off field issues. Comes across as a prima donna athlete with all the baggage that eventually entails. I see BUST written all over him. He may prove me wrong, but I don't think he will.
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the guy that I think Clowney will turn out to be in the NFL--Brian Bosworth.

Stillriledup
05-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Here we go, NFL draft tonight.