PDA

View Full Version : Ramon talks with Richie

Grits
08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
There's a saying: "If you're going to do something, do it well." These two gentlemen have done it well--past and present. There was no person better qualified to do this interview.

The care, the understanding in Richie's voice and the difficulty, the sadness in Ramon's gives me the ever present reminder of how fragile life truly is. And the difficulties we face, when in a blink, our life is changed, forever. Its something I've always tried to make others understand. Life is not always of our own doing.

I'm sorry, but tears poured down my face throughout the entire interview.

..Forward with hope, Ramon. God is with you, this day, and always.

http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-dominguez-trying-adjust-life-without-racing

mannyberrios
08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice post, Grits

Beachbabe
08-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Truly a sad story.A tremendously talented rider & a true gentleman; you could really feel his pain.
Thanks Grits for making me aware of the interview.

iceknight
08-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks Grits. He is held in high regard!

CincyHorseplayer
08-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I didn't have tears but definitely a lump in the throat to see Ramon is visible agony thinking about the game.Good lord I love that dude.What I hope is that he stays in the game as an analyist.He's got plenty of insight to add and a heart of gold.It doesn't get much better than this guy!Good stuff Grits.

LottaKash
08-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Life changing events change us all when they happen, and so it is with him, but I believe that he will do well with the next part of his life....Quite a rider and person, imo....I wish him well.....

JustRalph
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Tough deal.

The Mig is turning out pretty good at this stuff......

One of the good guys on this board introduced me to the Mig in the paddock at AQU about a 18 mths ago. I got to thank him for his ride on Magic Weisner in the Preakness and he immediately gave me the readers digest version of the race and the ride. He re-lived it for me in a 30 second monologue for my benefit.

I explained how it resulted in my biggest score ever and he treated me like an old friend. One of the best racing memories I have.

HUSKER55
08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
nice post!:ThmbUp:

Tom
08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
The Mig is pretty darned good at this gig. :ThmbUp:

magwell
08-07-2013, 10:02 PM
When he's ready, he will be a good steward .......:cool: