PDA

View Full Version : RIP Fatso! Art D. Passes

JustRalph
08-04-2013, 11:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226150/article/art-donovan-pro-football-hall-of-famer-dies-at-88

Personality to spare.......

7HDRLnoAY9E

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2013, 12:33 AM
As I recall, didn't they nickname him "Hot Dog?"

I bet CJ's Dad will remember him as I do.

Dave

cj's dad
08-05-2013, 11:18 AM
As I recall, didn't they nickname him "Hot Dog?"

I bet CJ's Dad will remember him as I do.

Dave

I remember "Fatso", but no "hot dog" although he was noted for his immense consuption of them and Miller Lite beer.

Artie was a really down to earth guy. When I had hip replacement surgery and the subsequent rehab, he was at the same facility as I and our schedjles coincided. He could tell some great stories.

FantasticDan
08-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Classic Art & Dave:

MMNvBtQw3os

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I remember "Fatso", but no "hot dog" although he was noted for his immense consuption of them and Miller Lite beer.

LOL - That is where I heard it - but I think it was pre-light beer.

In my youth, I was a fan of:

*Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts.
*Mickey Mantle and the Yankees.

As such, I remember almost their entire teams.

Man, did the Colts of the '60s have some great ones or what? Artie Donovan was part of all that.

cj's dad
08-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Dave, the Miller Lite thing was after he retired. I seem to remember that he did some commercials for them.

Tom
08-05-2013, 10:38 PM
The guy was a legend!
He was o funny in interviews in the later years.....used to love to watch him and listen to his stories - especially the one about the chicken heart....remember that one? :D

RIP, Art!!!

cj's dad
08-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Sitting here watching the funeral at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen. It is on the three local network stations. What a moving ceremony. many ex Colts in attendance: Rev. Joe Ehrmann, Dr. Sam Havrilak, Tom Matte. Ordell Brasse, Lenny Moore. Great finish for a fine human being. God rest AD.