PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Football out for NCAA violation?

JustRalph
08-04-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/08/04/Johnny-Manziel-Eligibility-May-Be-In-Jeopardy

Dumbass.......

wiffleball whizz
08-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Kiss a&m season goodbye......kid is a Walking train wreck

menifee
08-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Oh my goodness, he sold his autograph for money - how horrible.

You know what I think is really horrible that we have universities and the NCAA that does everything in its power to steal money and labor from young men and women in the name of "education" and "amateur sports."

He's a free person - if he wants to sell his autograph, he should be able to. If he wants to leave A&M and go play in the NFL, he should be able to. If he is an idiot and drinks too much, that is his right. A lot of other college sophomores make the same mistake.

What I have a difficult time with is the hypocrisy of these schools and their organization (the NCAA) punishing these kids for trying to make money from their talent while at the same time the coaches, the staff, the administration and the schools steal from these kids and line their own pockets. What's even worse is they actually believe and try to convince others that their behavior is justified because they are doing it in the name of education.

thaskalos
08-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Oh my goodness, he sold his autograph for money - how horrible.

You know what I think is really horrible that we have universities and the NCAA that does everything in its power to steal money and labor from young men and women in the name of "education" and "amateur sports."

He's a free person - if he wants to sell his autograph, he should be able to. If he wants to leave A&M and go play in the NFL, he should be able to. If he is an idiot and drinks too much, that is his right. A lot of other college sophomores make the same mistake.

What I have a difficult time with is the hypocrisy of these schools and their organization (the NCAA) punishing these kids for trying to make money from their talent while at the same time the coaches, the staff, the administration and the schools steal from these kids and line their own pockets. What's even worse is they actually believe and try to convince others that their behavior is justified because they are doing it in the name of education.

I remember reading a few years ago about a college football player whose father coached the team...and it was illegal for the father to take his son out for dinner. :)

tucker6
08-05-2013, 08:27 AM
The NCAA is an out of control organization on many levels. I could go on, but I believe that sentence sums it up nicely.

ManU918
08-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I agree that it's ridiculous that NCAA Athletes can't go out and sign autographs, do commercials, be sponsored, etc for money. But unfortunately right now those are the rules and if this turns out to be true, Manziel made a huge mistake. Let's be honest how much could he have gained from signing autographs? 10k maybe 15k? This kid comes from money which makes this situation that much more bizarre. If you look on his instagram and see what this kid has done this off-season alone, the price tag is north of 50 dimes. Playing a round at Pebble, Game 7 of the NBA Finals, multiple Rolex watches, sitting behind the dugout at a Yankees game, up to Toronto to hang with Drake, in Mexico with friends, etc. This kid spends tons of money, that his parents are obviously giving him... so why go and do something dumb like this?

Valuist
08-05-2013, 11:06 AM
The NCAA is out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if you see the major conferences eventually pull out and form their own organization in which players are paid a stipend, and could conceivably market themselves. The NCAA will be left with conferences like the Mountain West, the MAC, the Sun Belt and the A-10.

Dahoss2002
08-06-2013, 01:55 AM
I remember reading a few years ago about a college football player whose father coached the team...and it was illegal for the father to take his son out for dinner. :)

I heard the late Eddie Robinson of Grambling addressing some of the rules years back. There is a "Train Line" that runs through Marshall, Tx., which is roughly a hundred miles from Grambling, La.
Alot of the kids Eddie recruited were from families who did not have much money. He lamented the fact that even with a full scholarship, and the parents scraping up a train ticket, that no one affiliated with the school could go pick the kid up at the train depot for fear of NCAA sanctions.

wiffleball whizz
08-06-2013, 01:59 AM
I heard the late Eddie Robinson of Grambling addressing some of the rules years back. There is a "Train Line" that runs through Marshall, Tx., which is roughly a hundred miles from Grambling, La.
Alot of the kids Eddie recruited were from families who did not have much money. He lamented the fact that even with a full scholarship, and the parents scraping up a train ticket, that no one affiliated with the school could go pick the kid up at the train depot for fear of NCAA sanctions.

Didn't know Eddie Robinson died......where have I been

notoutofpounds
08-17-2013, 04:11 PM
In three nights Manziel and Crow signed helmets raised $60,000

For charity, Manziel earned nothing.

What an anachronistic rule by the NCAA

Ed O'bannon was right

elysiantraveller
09-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Johnny Football is a beast... we also now know that...