PDA

View Full Version : conservative movements new name.

Capper Al
08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
It is apparent that the American conservative movement isn't conservative. By definition, conservatives would want to keep the status-quo. American conservatives want to make many changes. For example; dump social security, unemployment, Medicare, and public education.

There should be a lot of zingers suggested here like narrow minded fools, but let's insist on one constructive name suggested for each zinger like corporate royalist. The poor guys have no idea who they really are. Let's help them out.

Clocker
08-04-2013, 07:24 PM
By definition, conservatives would want to keep the status-quo.

That definition must be in "The Book of Secret Knowledge for Drinkers of the Holy Kool Aid". Your statement implies that "conservatives" are a unified, homogenous group who share a fixed set of beliefs. There is a lot more diversity of opinion and thought and tolerance on the right than on the left. I know of no one on the right that is not in favor of large changes to the status quo.

And if you asked 5 different "conservatives" what they would change, you would likely get 5 very different answers. Which is why it is so hard for conservatives to make any changes to the status quo which is paralyzed by the monolithic collective.

mostpost
08-04-2013, 07:39 PM
It is apparent that the American conservative movement isn't conservative. By definition, conservatives would want to keep the status-quo. American conservatives want to make many changes. For example; dump social security, unemployment, Medicare, and public education.

There should be a lot of zingers suggested here like narrow minded fools, but let's insist on one constructive name suggested for each zinger like corporate royalist. The poor guys have no idea who they really are. Let's help them out.
How about "Nattering Nabobs of Negativism?"

Tom
08-04-2013, 09:15 PM
What you do not know about conservatives would fill a book, Al.
Truthfully, you are just trying to outdo Ralph, aren't you? :lol:
Trouble is, Ralph posts stuff that is real, not hissy fit. :lol:

Overlay
08-04-2013, 11:01 PM
The status quo for conservatives is the one that existed before the Federal government began to play an increasing role in decisions and responsibilities that were formerly left to the states or to private citizens. The government programs you speak of are examples of that greater Federal involvement, which has characterized public policy since the advent of the New Deal, and which makes the shifting of greater power and control to the Federal government (even though that has been the current status quo for many years) a characteristic of liberalism rather than conservatism. (I'm just explaining my perspective on terminology, and not defending or criticizing one position or the other.)

Capper Al
08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
What you do not know about conservatives would fill a book, Al.
Truthfully, you are just trying to outdo Ralph, aren't you? :lol:
Trouble is, Ralph posts stuff that is real, not hissy fit. :lol:

Not exactly. I'm just trying to keep up with Ralph. Ralph's stuff is non-sense.

Capper Al
08-05-2013, 09:14 AM
The status quo for conservatives is the one that existed before the Federal government began to play an increasing role in decisions and responsibilities that were formerly left to the states or to private citizens. The government programs you speak of are examples of that greater Federal involvement, which has characterized public policy since the advent of the New Deal, and which makes the shifting of greater power and control to the Federal government (even though that has been the current status quo for many years) a characteristic of liberalism rather than conservatism. (I'm just explaining my perspective on terminology, and not defending or criticizing one position or the other.)

Well then, 'The Little House on the Prairie' party would work.

JustRalph
08-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Not exactly. I'm just trying to keep up with Ralph. Ralph's stuff is non-sense.

Yep, that's me. Mr. Non sense

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Yep, that's me. Mr. Non senseCapper Al sure wastes a lot of time reading and responding to Mr. Non sense, don't you think?

Would you waste your time with Mr. Non sense? I don't think you would...

ElKabong
08-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Well then, 'The Little House on the Prairie' party would work.

libs ought to rename themselves the Part Time Employment party.

Motto: "Destroying the middle class, one election cycle at a time"

rastajenk
08-07-2013, 12:43 PM
By definition, conservatives would want to keep the status-quo.
This is wrong, too. If you're going to keep up with Ralph, at least start with some truthful premises.

Capper Al
08-07-2013, 05:42 PM
This is wrong, too. If you're going to keep up with Ralph, at least start with some truthful premises.

You have to be kidding. Ralph has valid premises? :lol:

Capper Al
08-07-2013, 05:46 PM

And if this is wrong, then what does conservatism mean in your world. That's how you discuss a topic, not by crying to your buddies for confirmation. You righties have had it too soft around here.

JustRalph
08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
And if this is wrong, then what does conservatism mean in your world. That's how you discuss a topic, not by crying to your buddies for confirmation. You righties have had it too soft around here.

Sorry I created this monster........

Tom
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry I created this monster........

xos2MnVxe-c

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Sorry I created this monster........Monsters are scary and teeth...Al is no monster...