PDA

View Full Version : Hey Amazin

PaceAdvantage
02-29-2004, 07:34 PM
I believe today's score in the Pick 4 contest puts me squarely in the black going into the last week....just thought you'd like to know...

Suff
02-29-2004, 07:37 PM
General handicapping related.. u should have put this in there and forced him to talk about his Handicapping skills next to yours...

Assumming he has any.

Tom
02-29-2004, 09:11 PM
In the long run, that's what counts. Short term red. long term black. Nice goin PA.
Just like WMD....just you haven't found em yet don't mean they aren't still there.

Hmmmmm......maybe Suff will find them over there in the end??
:eek:

Amazin
02-29-2004, 11:19 PM
PA

Your entire profit/loss from this mythical investment of $5000 hinges on how well you do in the last weekend after 12 weeks of trying to overcome a budget deficit. Not the healthiest scenario.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Like my old buddy RR was fond of saying "There you go again!"

As a tried and true Democrat, you're putting a negative spin on things! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

ranchwest
03-01-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Amazin
PA

Your entire profit/loss from this mythical investment of $5000 hinges on how well you do in the last weekend after 12 weeks of trying to overcome a budget deficit. Not the healthiest scenario.

I haven't been keeping up with the contest. How are you doing?

Amazin
03-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Pa said As a tried and true Democrat, you're putting a negative spin on things! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Like Friday used to say"just the facts mam".

Why are true facts so negative to you guys? When I pointed out that CJ and Suff are 0 for the contest and still are, you all claimed I was negative. Instead of learning from mistakes and failures, you want to accuse me of negativity when what really needs to happen is people like CJ and Suff say to themselves"this is a bit too many goose eggs" and go back to the drawing board. As far as your score is concerned,you are in break even territory which is still better than the majority but nothing to brag about and nothing to be satisfied or impressed with. Also if I was Irishlad and win the contest it would be bittersweet. He hasn't hit one since 1/4/04. If I was him,I would be scrutinizing my methods to see what's going on, regardless of the fact that he's the money leader.

I think what's going on with him and everybody is they are trying to pick the winners but the winners are picking on them.I had a heated conversation with Dick S. about a year ago suggesting that CHAOS plays a central role in horseracing which he argued against. The performance of the PK4 contestants bears me out.

And still my main point that started this topic is unscathed. This board is uneducational for the experienced horseplayer.Entertainment purposes only. Just a fact. No offense intended.

Amazin
03-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I think the greatest learning tool for a handicapper is figuring out "Why" certain horses win. It's all in the PP"s. Yesteday at Aqueduct there was a 18-1 shot in a 5 horse field called Bruckner's Brother that won . I have studied this horse about an hour after his race to uncover the reason for his form reversal. I finally did uncover the reason for his win, and it satisfying to finally decipher it. This kind of "studying" is what improves a handicapper's ability. Not superficial chit chat. Allthough I have nothing against chit chat,don't hi falutin yourself throwing words around.

SAL
03-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Amazin, if you don't mind my asking, what reason did you come up with for the form reversal? I do the same thing myself a lot, and I am not ashamed to admit that I didn't see it.

WINMANWIN
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by SAL
Amazin, if you don't mind my asking, what reason did you come up with for the form reversal? I do the same thing myself a lot, and I am not ashamed to admit that I didn't see it.

Makes me laugh reading about that steed who WON yesterdays 3TH named BRUCKNERS BROTHER.Other than the jock switch to
another apprentice and the route to sprint angle, I still cant bet
that horse.Amazing I'm also curious to know what you saw ?
Granted if we dont go over races we lose or win in, and dont learn or observe things, we have no shot in the future to WIN......I also go over form reversals
and pick-up horses that evaded me and make a case why they were in the gimmicks etc, but this steed, WAS 0 FOR 5 ON THE
INNER DIRT and his best races were in the summer/fall of 2002
his 4 comeback races at the meadowlands in sept/oct were horrible, over a track he did like in 2002.Sometimes you have to shake your head and say, Nope still couldnt play with confidence, and that was the case with this steed.Granted I did see 5 people in the WINNERS circle and his trainer the short guy
Frankie Costa, who BTW always has a cigar in his mouth and I do know, from the Jersey circuit, Amazin, guess them front bandages on dec 31 that were on and then REMOVED in the next 3 outings was the tipoff :confused: :eek:

shots
03-01-2004, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amazin
I think the greatest learning tool for a handicapper is figuring out "Why" certain horses win. It's all in the PP"s. Yesteday at Aqueduct there was a 18-1 shot in a 5 horse field called Bruckner's Brother that won . I have studied this horse about an hour after his race to uncover the reason for his form reversal. I finally did uncover the reason for his win, and it satisfying to finally decipher it. This kind of "studying" is what improves a handicapper's ability. Not superficial chit chat. Allthough I have nothing against chit chat,don't hi falutin yourself throwing words around. [/QUOTE

Took a look and saw (using TSN PP) that his last 3 sprint speed figures went from 73 to 83 to 99(his best). On 2-14 when he earned a 99 he had a stumbled start, and race wide. 7 days later he stretches out to a 1 1/16 and finishes 9 of 11, maybe an excersize outing, comes back in 8 days turning back to 6f.

SAL
03-01-2004, 06:25 PM
I see your point about the improving figs, but how are you going to determine that he IS improving when in two out of the 3 races in question he failed to beat a single runner? I looked at every runner in that race because I felt that the favorite was vulnerable (he finished out of the money at 3/5). And I couldn't make a case for him. Even now.

Tom
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SAL
Amazin, if you don't mind my asking, what reason did you come up with for the form reversal?....

He is not Bush! ;)

Tom
03-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Seriously, this horse was play off velocity rankings in HTR.
He was rated 4 4 2 2 2 for Ap Ep Sp Fx Lp and on fractions he was rated 5 4 1
To me, he was a definate in the exacta.
Unfortunatley, I had him but not the place horse. D'oh.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Amazin, this thread is about YOU dissin' ME about my lack of profit in the Pick 4 contest (which is now a moot issue, since I have turned a profit). It has nothing to do with Suff, or CJ, or the fact that this board may or may not aid someone in becomming a better player....

Why did you have to drudge all that other stuff up again?? Nobody asked you about Suff, or CJ, or this board's merits. It's a thread about YOU and ME.

After trying to insult me a week or two ago, how about just shutin' up and eating some much deserved crow right about now?

You're welcome.