PDA

View Full Version : DEL MAR Saturday

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 05:00 PM
R1: Jeff Mullins was bullish debuting :3: KNOCK EM FLAT in the Hollywood Juvenil Championship, but the colt is training big in Del Mar too (unusual with this trainer workouts) and here gets a second opportunity with that experience under the belt.

2nd

today no excuse

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 05:33 PM
R2: Favorite :7: BIG WAGS ran great for Bill Spawr with Degadillo in the irons. Back in his preferred barn (reclaimed) he can resume his winning ways... if the speed bias isn't very strong today.

1 win / 3 show

3rd

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 05:45 PM
WHITNEY HANDICAP :1: SUCCESSFUL DAN

2nd

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 06:06 PM
R3: :8: TRUELEE SCRAPPIN showed lots of ability in New York, maybe Mike Mitchell takes it up from the horse again second time polytrack over his preferred distance.

NP

speed, speed, speed

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 06:35 PM
R4: :1: BRO'S BRO: inside speed, the place to be. This colt improved 17 points his speed figure (59 > 76) second time out, not bad. But no value...

1win/2 place

3rd

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
R5: Brazilian :6: HOLDING GLORY should have stamina to spare with his diet of 7 and 8f workouts.

win and exacta box with favorite :5: MEGA HEAT

2nd & NP

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
R6: :1: UPWARD SPIRAL is by a 12f stallion out of a miler mare by a 12 stallion. She was a nice sprinter last year, but now sprinting would be an error pedigree wise. She should enjoy routing but I don't like the first time blinkers... maybe the problem with this filly is just her trainer... anyway... :8: WARREN'S FLASHER it's being nearly perfect on turf.

win both and exacta box

NP NP

this filly without blinkers over 1m 1/8 she would win.

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 07:58 PM
R6: :1: UPWARD SPIRAL is by a 12f stallion out of a miler mare by a 12 stallion. She was a nice sprinter last year, but now sprinting would be an error pedigree wise. She should enjoy routing but I don't like the first time blinkers... maybe the problem with this filly is just her trainer... anyway... :8: WARREN'S FLASHER it's being nearly perfect on turf.

win both and exacta box

You are all over it Span. Who you like in the 7th?

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 08:19 PM
It's a meeting for spread betting, too open, too many options in most of the races.

R7: :2: STOLE A KISS has improved after her debut and seems to like Del Mar polytrack in her workouts. Puype's pupils always need the debut race. :6: MISS LUJEAN is the speed, the best Beyer, and runs for a good second start trainer over the speed conductive main track BUT... her jockette is like a statue on the home stretch and this way is difficult for winning races.

exacta

3rd & NP

sometimes I'm silly (I mean betting the girl...)

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 08:29 PM
It's a meeting for spread betting, too open, too many options in most of the races.

R7: :2: STOLE A KISS has improved after her debut and seems to like Del Mar polytrack in her workouts. Puype's pupils always need the debut race. :6: MISS LUJEAN is the speed, the best Beyer, and runs for a good second start trainer over the speed conductive main track BUT... her jockette is like a statue on the home stretch and this way is difficult for winning races.

exacta

3rd & NP

sometimes I'm silly (I mean betting the girl...)

Agreed.

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Agreed.

Point of clarification. I was agreeing with you about the meet being wide open not about Cheryl as a jockette! She can horseback...

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 08:39 PM
the girl in 4f races ok, seems very little. Nothing against girls riding. Chantal Sutherland is a high class jockette for example.

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 08:46 PM
R7: By a 7f/miler stallion out of a 12f winner mare by a stayer French Derby winner (12F) :2: BYRAMA's got the right pedigree for this kind of distance. She won big first time routing over synthetics and should continue that way. During the summer this 4/5 favorites usually go to the graveyard...

3rd

iceknight
08-03-2013, 08:56 PM
R7: By a 7f/miler stallion out of a 12f winner mare by a stayer French Derby winner (12F) :2: BYRAMA's got the right pedigree for this kind of distance. She won big first time routing over synthetics and should continue that way. During the summer this 4/5 favorites usually go to the graveyard... Didnt expect Gary Stevens to give that kind of ride.. :blush:

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 08:59 PM
nightmare of a trip... too many outstanding rides, he was due for a flop...

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:00 PM
the girl in 4f races ok, seems very little. Nothing against girls riding. Chantal Sutherland is a high class jockette for example.

4.5 agreed.

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:01 PM
nightmare of a trip... too many outstanding rides, he was due for a flop...

Not sure you could classify it as a bad ride, but more of bad racing luck. Nowhere to go. Same could be said for Bejarano on the 6. Both guys had horse but no room.

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Im knocked out of the p4. Was only 2 deep there with the fave and the midwest shipper that made a nice move on the turn and flattened out. I got sucked up into the ship and win hype!!

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Also, Hollendorfer good. Enters the rabbit to set it up for the 1...

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 09:04 PM
you are right, when you save ground there is always a risk...

iceknight
08-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Not sure you could classify it as a bad ride, but more of bad racing luck. Nowhere to go. Same could be said for Bejarano on the 6. Both guys had horse but no room. partly yes, but considering that the :1: horse actually won going at the center of the track over the :2: running by the rail, after being mildly having to check at the quarter pole... he was expecting a lot of luck.. that is all, but of course, these things happen in split seconds. However I am happy for Corey Nakatani, he was due for a decent big win.. and i think he made the quick decision to go outside and that helped him.. while Byrama got bottled up!

As I mentioned in the Whitney thread, I am changing tactics and blaming jockeys today for my non-winners :lol:

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:12 PM
partly yes, but considering that the :1: horse actually won going at the center of the track over the :2: running by the rail, after being mildly having to check at the quarter pole... he was expecting a lot of luck.. that is all, but of course, these things happen in split seconds. However I am happy for Corey Nakatani, he was due for a decent big win.. and i think he made the quick decision to go outside and that helped him.. while Byrama got bottled up!

As I mentioned in the Whitney thread, I am changing tactics and blaming jockeys today for my non-winners :lol:

Im cool with that. Im blaming my ADHD today...

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 09:17 PM
R9: It's got to be a reason to have claimed :12: BLUE COLLAR BOY with his shaky curriculum...

NP

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:37 PM
1,2,3 and 7 all pay around a half a million bucks. Im takin a stab with the 8 or the 9...

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 09:46 PM
R10: with (1)CHRISTOPHER STREET bet down :2: PULPIT EXPRESS becomes ver interesting at 4/1. He won big rating for the first time behind the frontrunners. I hope Maldonado repeats strategy. I hope too Bejarano goes to the lead.

3rd & 4th

I need a winner!!!

and a exacta :2: - :5:

The Spaniard
08-03-2013, 09:54 PM
perfect ride... but not horse

tough game!!!!

Midnight Cruiser
08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
tough game.