PDA

View Full Version : Can DRF get any more incompetent?

Tom
08-03-2013, 04:40 PM
They are trying to get new customers for DRF+, which is their way of charging us for stuff that used to part of the product. Nothing new, or improves, just more $$$ to get now, so they put up links to free stuff for Toga and Del Mar - then, half the links do not work!

Then, they offer FREE PPs for the Hambo today. So go to the link and try to download them.....you get that 404 screen - no such place found.
There is another link on their webpage for FREE PPs....when you click on that link, you go an ad for some Basketball publication next year!

I thought it was enough that half the content in the Simulcast Daily PAID area is either no longer available or 2-3 years old, and their Beyer Par section has all the pars, but, many of them do not have a head, so you have no idea what class the par is for! Remember the old joke, Now, here are the sports scores for today....3-1, 5-2, 1-0, 4-2. :lol:

TimeformUS.....with bumbling morons like these DRF losers as your competition, you should do very well.

TheEdge07
08-03-2013, 04:42 PM
To answer your question ,,yes they could get more incompetent

KjcBuf
08-03-2013, 04:58 PM
I bought a ten pack of the classic PP on Thursday . It shows up on the order list money has been taken out of my bank account but cannot access them in anyway. I talked to four different people over the past 3 days and all of them have said the same thing to wait for the system to catch up and there sending a report to try and resolve the issue......I have repeatedly asked to just reverse the order and give me my money back and have been told I would be called by the operating manager to resolve the issue asap, still waiting !!!

letswastemoney
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Pretty soon the handicapping articles like Weekend Warrior are going to be part of the "DRF Plus" package.

They are advertising DRF Plus as a new service, yet some of those features are just repackaged articles that used to be free over the past few years.

With so many competent handicappers giving away their information for free on the internet, there's no reason to pay money to DRF for any advice.

Stillriledup
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Pretty soon the handicapping articles like Weekend Warrior are going to be part of the "DRF Plus" package.

They are advertising DRF Plus as a new service, yet some of those features are just repackaged articles that used to be free over the past few years.

With so many competent handicappers giving away their information for free on the internet, there's no reason to pay money to DRF for any advice.

People just want PPs, they need to stop paying andy beyer for beyer figs and go back to the old way, no "figs" just pps.

KingChas
08-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I talked to four different people over the past 3 days and all of them have said the same thing to wait for the system to catch up !!!

Well you have to wait for all their broadband clogging pop-ups to cease before the system catches up.
I had the same problem, had to access the formulator thru google chrome no other browser would bring up the page.

thaskalos
08-03-2013, 08:51 PM
The DRF must be in a little financial bind because I've been noticing these past couple of weeks that they have split their Monday and Tuesday printed form into two editions, instead of the one edition that they usually put out on the slow days.

The Tuesday PM edition included only three tracks...but, of cource, it was sold for the regular price.

JustRalph
08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Their online presence has always been hit or miss. As the sport has moved to a tremendous online friendly venue, they lag behind.

What does it reflect? Who knows........bad management.....lack of funds? All in all it's a wholesale ignoring of where the sport i.e. customers wants it to be.

Your customers can only drag you so far into what they want. Eventually you have to make a commitment.

Tom
08-03-2013, 09:14 PM
This is a great opportunity for TimeFormUS....here's a thought..a free tablet with a 6 month subscription..... :p

Milkshaker
08-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Online issues aside...

When was the last time DRF hired a new writer or added a staff handicapper that made you think "Hmmmm....This is different and interesting!"

Same folks on the home page and print edition masthead for close to 20+ years now. No new perspectives from "America's Turf Authority" in many moons.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Although I realize DRF has the overhead and problems associated with print media (how many newspapers have gone out of business in the internet age?), it's the consistent problems with their online web site that have prevented me from ever seriously considering their Formulator and other products.

Bad or out-of-date links, problems logging in, old data, etc, make me a bit leery on how well-managed the back end environment really is - my last three purchases from 2002, 2003 and 2006 still display when I log into my account. Why?

As for Milkshaker's comments, that's really true. There have been some improvements over the years - Beyer figs, Moss pace figs, and excellent online coverage for Breeders Cup and the Triple Crown. But by and large they are a bit stale with their content, except for Beyer himself. Oh, and about 20 years ago they had an awesome April Fool's edition, which included a fake story about a new indoor racetrack in Las Vegas......

usedtolovetvg
08-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I believe they really consider themselves to be a newspaper featuring outstanding journalism rather than what people actually buy the paper for, which, of course are the pps. Get rid of the writers and focus on their online presentation and they'd be better served. Would be interesting to see how many people really care about the writers. But then again, I bought Playboy for the articles.

Tom
08-04-2013, 10:15 AM
The DRF must be in a little financial bind because I've been noticing these past couple of weeks that they have split their Monday and Tuesday printed form into two editions, instead of the one edition that they usually put out on the slow days.

The Tuesday PM edition included only three tracks...but, of cource, it was sold for the regular price.

And DRF charts - not free, BRIS charts - FREE!
DRF - one year charts available, BRIS back to 1991

DRF just sits in a hole thinking how they can charge more for the same old crap.

racingfan378
08-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Just email the top guys instead of getting the run around from them at customer service

xxxxxx@drf.com

or

xxxxxx@drf.com

Tell Steve what the hell is going on and maybe he will give an answer back or the editor in chief Rich

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2013, 12:54 PM
DRF's customer-facing technology has always been awful.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Just email the top guys instead of getting the run around from them at customer service

Tell Steve what the hell is going on and maybe he will give an answer back or the editor in chief RichRich left a month or two ago...and I'm pretty sure those email addresses you posted aren't supposed to be available to the general public, but I'll look into that and get back to you.

Speed Figure
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I have said for years that DRF was an old played out product! their like an OLD BIG SCREEN TV in a WORLD OF HD! they don't get it and never will!

Quagmire
08-04-2013, 07:01 PM
You used to get access to the articles and what they are calling DRF Plus if you purchased a PP package. I guess that isn't the case anymore.

racingfan378
08-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Rich left a month or two ago...and I'm pretty sure those email addresses you posted aren't supposed to be available to the general public, but I'll look into that and get back to you.

Why did Rich leave?

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2013, 12:46 AM
If I did know the reasons, I wouldn't discuss them publicly. That's his personal business.

All I can say for sure is that he left of his own volition.

racingfan378
08-05-2013, 01:03 AM
The only thing I enjoy about the DRF anymore is the online archive and the countless visits I have made to the Keeneland library having to wear white gloves to access some of the dated materials they have on file

http://athena.uky.edu/drf/drf-select.php?year=1896

Too bad they didn't have this kind of history in school! :lol:

SandyLoam
08-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Online issues aside...

When was the last time DRF hired a new writer or added a staff handicapper that made you think "Hmmmm....This is different and interesting!"

Same folks on the home page and print edition masthead for close to 20+ years now. No new perspectives from "America's Turf Authority" in many moons.

I've gone at it with a couple of their beat writers. You're right, and they don't get it. And they have a betting portal to protect, a conflict they don't see. So, it's not journalism.