PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Saratoga Bombs

PhantomOnTour
08-03-2013, 03:08 AM
A few runners I am looking at tomorrow figure to go off at big odds, and can hopefully hit the board.

Race 1- on pace figures the #1 is a standout and a threat to dust this field from start to finish...but...he appears not to want it, and gets another long sprint where he has failed repeatedly. The case for him is that he will likely get clear and just roll, sharp works before last. If he should get nailed again I will try to do it with :3: MP Joe and :7: Midnite Poppa.
MP Joe is more likely for a board finish than the win (he should be last early) but he has a nice late run and a few final figs that put him right there with these. I think he'll be the longest shot on the board...get to the rail and hope for a clear run & good luck for bad connections.
Midnite Poppa is another strong late runner who is working nicely (despite the 1 month break), Junior rides, Zito going okay so far, can be there with pace casualties.

Race 9 - :7: Embarr will get her pace and can be there. Been keeping pretty good company and can hit hard on the cutback to 1m. This race is for non winners of a GrStks race on turf this year. Like Ruthenia, she won the only time she wasn't in a GrStks race. Strong pace almost guaranteed with this lineup, jock choice is a puzzler, wish she had a work, but ML 15-1 is big and she can get some.

Race 11 - :6: A Prettydixie will need to hurry, but this consistent closer (turf, dirt, short, long) has a good chance to hit the board. Freshened with regular works, Solis stays, lays mid pack and can wear many down. Using with the :1: who wins this if she repeats her last, the :4: who may come rolling late, the :7: who had big trouble in her last and has back races that can win this...maybe the :11: but she draws wide and needs to improve to win it. Going against the :3: who looks like the E but tries Alw foes today and just looks too slow.

Glenn Disanto has a few running today who will be 25-1 or higher, some look like they will run well today but face tough competition. I guess I like the :1: Its What I Do in R12 the most...30-1 ML, looks like Espinoza will try to wire them...like a DeadHead looking for a ticket, he needs a miracle.

Good luck