PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Picks: Fri., August 2

Teach
08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Race One:

:4: Kiss Of Thunder switches to the meet's leading rider, Joel Rosario. Could do little in his last on the dirt at Churchill from an outside post. Before that, the Gulch-bred gelding was caught in tight quarters. The horse's only turf win came against better at Gulfstream. Should be able to prevail with this group.

Also: :7: Knock Quietly; :9: Eriugena, :2: Frisky Cat

Race Two:

:2: Tapidor is a highly-priced, well-bred chestnut colt making his first pari-mutuel start. Tough to gauge except for the breeding and morning works. Dam (Adorahy) has seven winners from eight starters. This colt must get out to be a factor here. Luis Saez for Dale Romans.

Also: :5: Sol The Freud; :3: Group Think; :1: Blue Collar Cat;

Race Three:

:6: Sweet Maxine is my upset, long shot pick. Everything must fall into place; but, if they do, this horse becomes a factor. Taking a chance that things will develop along desired lines.

Also: :4: Bit Bustin; :2: Polan; :7: Notesfromabroad

Race Four:

:3: Scribbling Sarah is shortening up and cutting back; that could make all the difference in the world. Junior Alvarado has to ration out here speed to gain the win.

Also: :6: Stock Fund; :2: Rosalie's Pleasure; :5: Courageous Karen

Race Five:

:3: Sapphire Blue just missed in her last in similar company a couple months ago; chance to make amends as the beaten fave. Javier Castellano for Chad Brown.

Also: :2: Glenwood Pines; :4: Acquisition; :6: Giant's Jewel

Race Six:

:1: Madame Giry will enjoy the added half-panel. Should fan out and try to circle the field. Here comes Rosie on the far outside. Does she get up in time? We'll see.

Also: :4: Spun Cap; :2: Sounds Of The City; :5: Double The Energy

Race Seven:

:4: Italian Rules ships in from the West Coast. Has the class. Can prevail on best if ready.

Also: :6: PJ's Magical Wink; :1: Take Down Two; :2: Island Sunset.

Race Eight:

:1a: Major Marvel has won three in a row. No reason this 7-year-old gelding can't make it four straight. Javier Castellano for Mike Maker.

Also: :5: Presumptive; :2: Screen Play; :6: Scotus

Race Nine:

:4: Force Multiplier drops into the selling ranks; should prevail.

Also: :10: Saguaro Blossom; :6: Freight; :9: Patti's Zip

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
R1: :9: ERIUGENA is 100% bred for turf and soft conditions , nice turn of foot, a quick pace would help him because is bred for 10f o more. Unexposed.

1 win / 3 show

3rd

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
R2: Hot at the betting windows :3: GROUPTHINK for the win. :5: SOL THE FREUD for the cold exacta.

2nd and 1st

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 01:58 PM
R3: :2: POLAN was improving last year (Beyers: 35 > 55 > 62) and with the July 4th race under the belt she should be competitive again.

NP

This Andy Serling is one of the best handicappers i've known in my life, and I known well the top French and English turf analyst and tipsters. He's uncovered the winner, a nice 7/1 shot.

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
R4: :4: UTOPIAN WIFE has trained super on this green for her debut (46.2 B) and she looks fantastic in the paddock. Quick :5: CORAGEOUS KAREN is a new filly running on turf and I like her for the exacta.

win & exacta box

NP & 3rd

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 03:05 PM
R5: New face by an effective turf stallion out of a turf mare :1: MANOURNEEN can surprise routing on the green. Favorite :6: GIANT GEWEL for the exacta box.

win & exacta box

NP & 2nd

The Spaniard
08-02-2013, 03:38 PM
R6: :5: DOUBLE THE ENERGY: definitive paddock pick. Off the shelf to the winners circle... (I need that)