PDA

View Full Version : SA Sun

SAL
02-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Santa Anita Sunday:

R1 - #7 Outoftheblueslew-Lost all chance last time, made a move on the turn, and not surprisingly faded. Don’t bet this trainer often, but I do like this runner.

R2 - #5 Eyad-May get away with some soft fractions here. Frankel’s shipper may outclass these, but 1 1/8 miles may not be enough distance for him. A favorable ride by Espinoza may do the job here.

R3 - #3 Power Boy-Runner finally gets a fast dirt surface to run on again. Gets a major barn upgrade via the claim, the pace should be honest here. Carava/Nakatani clicking at 20% +

R4 - #8 Phaedra-Been running in some big fields overseas (two races had over 20 starters!) and I’m a Kathy Walsh fan. No world beaters in this field, and anything close to 10/1 will probably get some of my money.

R5 - #11 Balenos-Demand a price on this longshot trainer. His last race when he beat one horse is actually competitive with this field figwise. In fact any of his last 10 would put him in the mix with this bunch.

R6 - #1 Clever Fancy-Like Clever Trick as a sire and this barn pops with FTS. Trainer/jock combo is good, and the morning drills are acceptable.

R7 - #1 Hot Sea-Improved a lot when moved into current barn. Most likely jock will have to send this one from this post. Is certainly bred to get the trip and the barn does well with the sprint/route move.

R8 - #8 Aspen Gal-Ain’t going against Frankel here. Has the breeding to do some damage on the turf, and moving into Frankel’s barn isn’t going to hurt either.

R9 - #5 Winewomanandsong-Didn’t have the greatest trip last time but was still right there at deep stretch. Showed good tractable speed two back. Espinoza returns.

WINMANWIN
03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Sal nice capping dude :cool: I was playing santa yesterday and
came across your post, I overlooked Power Boy in the 3rd and gave a 2nd look after reading your comments. Power boy returned $25.40 on the WIN end. Then you nailed the next race with PHAEDRA for $14.40, the DOUBLE came back $233.00
I owe my score all to you !!!! :)

SAL
03-01-2004, 12:44 PM
I hit that double pretty good too. I was shocked that Power Boy went off longest shot in the field, his ML was 5/1. I was hoping for 6/1, 7/1 tops. Glad you had it.

delayjf
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Can anyone post the listed workout for the winner of the 6th at SA on Sunday. I've been following this trainer and have hit some bombs with his FTS over the years. The bombs I hit, showed very few listed works, three or four. Wanted to know if this horse did the same.

Speed Figure
03-01-2004, 01:51 PM
That horses last 4 works were all from the gate. I love to see a FTS with works from the gate. Nice picks sal!

Feb 20 SA 4F :47.6 Hg 2/59
Feb 14 SA 6F 1:13.0 Hg 7/23
Feb 7 SA 6F 1:14.8 Hg 18/30
Jan 30 SA 6F 1:15.4 Hg 11/17