PDA

View Full Version : Obamaphone lives on! Some crackdown.....huh?

JustRalph
08-01-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354867/me-and-my-obamaphones-jillian-kay-melchior

They were supposed to be cracking down on this..........Santa Claus lives!

"My first task was figuring out where to register. The rule of thumb is that wherever you can sign up for food stamps, you can apply for an Obamaphone.

Representatives from SafeLink and Assurance, two of the leading New York Lifeline vendors, stand outside the food-stamp offices, paired like Mormon missionaries, young and polite and earnest. They carry electronic tablets and ask all passersby whether they’ve received their free phone “yet” — as if it were an inevitability.

They approached me for the first time outside the food-stamp office at Tenth Avenue and 216th Street, on the northern tip of Manhattan. The SafeLink vendor, a man probably in his mid 20s, asked me whether I was enrolled in any benefit programs.

“No,” I said, “but I’d certainly like to be. I’m hoping to be.” And indeed, while doing research for another story, I had gone through the motions of applying for New York City welfare, which I also don’t qualify for. I showed him my Human Resources Administration paperwork packet and the case number assigned to me. I reiterated that though I had once applied, I had never been approved for any sort of benefit."

More at the link

TJDave
08-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna try that.

My phone bill is outrageous.

If the president wants to pay for it good for him.

boxcar
08-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna try that.

My phone bill is outrageous.

If the president wants to pay for it good for him.

I wasn't aware that the president of the U.S. pays for public programs out of his own pocket. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

fast4522
08-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Perhaps a cool song for the Obamaphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OXrmxDp44

Tom
08-01-2013, 09:22 PM
I wasn't aware that the president of the U.S. pays for public programs out of his own pocket. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Obama the freeloader?
Short arms and deep pockets, the bastard has never cut back a dime on anything for his own enjoyment.

TJDave
08-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Boxcar
I know I'm not paying for it.
If I can get it, I will.

Tom
08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Obama phone, call now....Klondike 5- 000 0000.
Remember, "nothing" is better than Obama. :lol: