PDA

View Full Version : TwinSpires Hambo-day Players pool

Ray2000
08-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I bought in to the TwinSpires Hambo-day Players pool yesterday ($50),
thinking this might not sell out and is an interesting way to get
some multi-pick(x) coverage at the Big M for....

"guaranteed Pick 4's and Pick 5 pools and other spot plays", (selections by Frank Cotolo, a sharp 'capper).

Surprise, Surprise :eek: it sold out already...($10,000 max buy-ins) ...?

Are there any other regulars here at PACE in the Pool?

If so, GL

https://www.twinspires.com/playerspool

jimnancy
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Ray

By the time I saw it they had filled it. I would of goten in but it filed to quick. I usualy get in on derby day. As far as I know this is the first time that they have done a harness players pool.

Ray2000
08-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Jim

That sure went fast, it was only half full yesterday about this time.

I think it is the first one for Harness, and was guessing it might not fill. :blush:

I'm a poor judge of human behavior, better to stick with horses :)

LottaKash
08-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Jim

That sure went fast, it was only half full yesterday about this time.

I think it is the first one for Harness, and was guessing it might not fill. :blush:

I'm a poor judge of human behavior, better to stick with horses :)

Ray, I meant to ask you the other day....What is this pool all about ?....Is it like a future book or something....or an exclusive type of wager that only the entered ones can play in ?....A gimmick like a p-3/4/5/6?....I am not sure if I missed the boat on something that could have proved lucrative with the right thinking...haha..

Ray2000
08-03-2013, 05:49 AM
John

I'm not real sure, the link doesn't give much detail. I guess the 10 grand is split up by Cotolo to buy tickets in several pic(x) pools and everyone who's in, splits the return in proportion to amount of their buy in.

This is the first time I took part. I'll post the ticket numbers when available. ~11 am, (Early Posttime today)

Ray2000
08-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Looks like Twin will be posting the ticket plays as they approach window closings for those bets.

So Far... Race 1..$100 WPS on #7

1$Pick5 R1-5....27/23/579/2568/13 (96tkts)

I wonder if that computer syndicate with which Gural struck a special deal, is responsible for the QUICK sell out? Probably bought half the player pool, :confused:

LottaKash
08-03-2013, 11:46 AM
John

I'm not real sure, the link doesn't give much detail. I guess the 10 grand is split up by Cotolo to buy tickets in several pic(x) pools and everyone who's in, splits the return in proportion to amount of their buy in.

This is the first time I took part. I'll post the ticket numbers when available. ~11 am, (Early Posttime today)

Thanks for the "almost explained Explanation", "Birthday Boy"...:jump:

I hope your Fifty Bucks turns into at least Fifty-Five Bucks today Ray...:cool:

Enjoy your Day...:jump:

Ray2000
08-03-2013, 12:03 PM
THX LK

They have all the tickets posted now, 31 of them, but they have the wrong nomenclature calling ,leg2 of exactas and tris as the next races. :rolleyes:

example
The Meadowlands - Race #5 - 08/03/2013
$20 TR

Race #5 - # 1,3
Race #6 - WT# 1,2,3,4
Race #7 - WT# 1,2,3,4,9
Ticket Cost = $360

I'll post the final results

melman
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey Ray form your own "Players Pool". Get five or six people to chip in anywhere from $10 to $20 for a buy in. Now with the BigM closed after today make the plays at Balmoral on a Sat or Sun. The "expert" would be Ray's Robot" Just once a week on selected cards. Need a track with larger size pools thus it's TheBigM or Balmoral. Players would send you the money and you send them the selections. Winnings to be divided by amount of buy in. Your in the best position to take a tax hit on any big score as your an "over the hill guy". :lol: However you could also in advance make in clear to the pool players that the tax hit will be covered by all players in the pool. Prime requirement of course is TRUST. With your rep on this board I don't think that would be a problem.

melman
08-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Of course Ray you group could agree to mix in the picks of Bob Pandolfo with the Robot's. :lol: Mr Pandolfo just picked the winner on top of the 3rd at Meadowlands today.

Winner D"Orsay $36.60

Job well done Pandy. Congrats on a great call.

Ray2000
08-03-2013, 01:27 PM
That could be fun at a track restaurant with a few guests but too much like work for an old man sitting in this cornfield in Clarion County. :)

There was a time when a group of us at The Meadows would run a Show players Pool, with the rule "All winnings must be parlayed", to the last race. The pick for each race passed around the table until the pool money was lost. You'd be surprised how 30-50$ to start would grow to $150-200 and then there would always be somebody who wanted to change the rule and use it to pay the tab....

BTW Cotolo (we) hit Race 3 $100 WPS on a 36$ winner, and 10$ tri ($4864)

attached are the rest of the plays

melman
08-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Agree Ray it can be a lot of fun with those that yoo know. Lot more work for others. Had a nice players pool in the old days at Brandywine for the old "BigE" bet. Hit some very nice scores. VERY nice $523 on the pic3 play at the BigM today. Many more hits for your group today. You do need a track with a good overall handle. All the best.

melman
08-03-2013, 02:37 PM
That was a great paying early pic4 at the BigM. If you a fan of the Pandyman you had a great shot at hitting it on the cheap. Pandy had three of the four legs as top pick winners. Return of $2.154 very nice.

Ray2000
08-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Worked out OK for me.

The final return on $10,000 bet was~ $17,610 ...or $50 gets $88.14

I don't know how they handled taxes (if any) on 4 of the largest hits 4864, 4790, 2850 & 1320

forced89
08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
I usually take part in the Twin Spires' Players' Pools. So far I am net ahead, not a whole lot, but definitely ahead. Taxes are withheld on some of the winning tickets. They send me a separate 1099 (the following January) on my share of every bet where taxes have been withheld. I have no problem plugging them into Turbo Tax when I file my taxes which gets me a refund on all the taxes that have been withheld.