PDA

View Full Version : Sad card at The Spa today

jk3521
08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
After a great start the first 4 or 5 days, the cards at Saratoga have been suffering for not only entries but quality. For instance in race 3 one of the favorites is trained by a guy named Eugine Rieff who never wins in New York and in race 4 another one of the favorites is trained by Michael Shevy who wins once every 18 months in New York.

Al Gobbi
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
overkill of number of races a day and too much racing per week. The 7th race has been reduced to a field of five, and its still possible the race may come off the turf. Sunday's card is bad, number of 6-7-8 horse fields on a 11 race card including a 5 horse G1.

Stillriledup
08-01-2013, 03:27 PM
overkill of number of races a day and too much racing per week. The 7th race has been reduced to a field of five, and its still possible the race may come off the turf. Sunday's card is bad, number of 6-7-8 horse fields on a 11 race card including a 5 horse G1.

I would love a 5 day week, that extra day to 'shore up' my notes would really be helpful. I could actually enjoy my summer and not feel like i'm under the gun and have no time to take a breath.

Robert Goren
08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I would love a 5 day week, that extra day to 'shore up' my notes would really be helpful. I could actually enjoy my summer and not feel like i'm under the gun and have no time to take a breath.Ditto! Actually I got pretty fond of the 4 day week they had last winter much to my surprise.

lamboguy
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
are you guys nuts? this is one of the best cards i have ever seen in my life!

Stillriledup
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Ditto! Actually I got pretty fond of the 4 day week they had last winter much to my surprise.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4 day week. I can actually have a life! :D

badcompany
08-01-2013, 04:02 PM

You must love cheap claimers.

jk3521
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Way back when, I needed the action daily.so I enjoyed betting Saratoga even when they had no dark days,but as I'm getting on in years, I look forward to a day or two off to do and think of other things besides racing. I'm not betting today,but of course I'm checking out the results.

JustRalph
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM

I looked at it last night. I thought the Delaware park card was better than Toga the last few days. Throw Del Mar in the mix too ......Delaware was better than both

lamboguy
08-01-2013, 04:52 PM
I looked at it last night. I thought the Delaware park card was better than Toga the last few days. Throw Del Mar in the mix too ......Delaware was better than bothmy god man, it all depends whether you are winning or not. i rather have a bad card and cash than a great card and trash.

pondman
08-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Been sitting for 3 hrs waiting for a bet on Moonwalk in the 9th. Didn't see anything else today. Now I'm cancelling-- too low for me

Ocala Mike
08-01-2013, 05:22 PM
my god man, it all depends whether you are winning or not. i rather have a bad card and cash than a great card and trash.

What lamboguy said! My man Jack Fisher took both ends of the jump double, so I'm out for the day no matter what.

By the way, lamboguy, I forget if you go to OBS ITW or not, but the Mutuel Manager there has been replaced. Dale Popp out, and Bill Liberty back in out of retirement, but I don't know the circumstances.

Ocala Mike
08-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Been sitting for 3 hrs waiting for a bet on Moonwalk in the 9th. Didn't see anything else today. Now I'm cancelling-- too low for me

Good move; didn't get the right trip. Going with DIXIE SPARKLE in the next, but don't expect anything near the M/L.

lamboguy
08-01-2013, 05:31 PM
What lamboguy said! My man Jack Fisher took both ends of the jump double, so I'm out for the day no matter what.

By the way, lamboguy, I forget if you go to OBS ITW or not, but the Mutuel Manager there has been replaced. Dale Popp out, and Bill Liberty back in out of retirement, but I don't know the circumstances.i hadn't been there in ages, the guy was always alright with me, when they charged $1 to get in, he put me on the list, so i didn't have to pay.

nice hit on the Steeple today, i didn't play the first race, but i did cold-conk the second without turning the trick around.

i know that Paddy Young is not under contract this year to ride all of Voss, so he will have winners there, he's a great rider, and his wife does a great job training all types of horses.

JustRalph
08-01-2013, 05:42 PM

This is why I rarely play anymore. Too many days like that......

SandyW
08-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Good move; didn't get the right trip. Going with DIXIE SPARKLE in the next, but don't expect anything near the M/L.

Nice pick, nothing wrong with $19.20.