PDA

View Full Version : PaceAdvantage.com turned 14-years-old on Saturday

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Can't believe I missed my own birthday... :lol:

I went online on July 27, 1999...you'd think after 14 years, this place would be bigger...lol...but then again, I really haven't spent one dime on advertising.

Anyway, I just want to throw a huge THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has ever participated here and continues to participate here, and makes this website one that I look forward to reading each and every day. And when I say EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE.

And a very special THANK YOU goes out to all the great people who have helped me through the years, for free I might add, because I'm a cheap bastard.

cj, BillW, Jay Trotter, Track Collector, eddy1, Buddah (where are you?), and all the rest who have ever helped moderate a contest or a forum...you guys are the best!!!

iceknight
07-29-2013, 12:13 PM

I went online on July 27, 1999...you'd think after 14 years, this place would be bigger...lol...but then again, I really haven't spent one dime on advertising.

Anyway, I just want to throw a huge THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has ever participated here and continues to participate here, and makes this website one that I look forward to reading each and every day. And when I say EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE.

And a very special THANK YOU goes out to all the great people who have helped me through the years, for free I might add, because I'm a cheap bastard.

cj, BillW, Jay Trotter, Track Collector, eddy1, Buddah (where are you?), and all the rest who have ever helped moderate a contest or a forum...you guys are the best!!!
Congratulations!!!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Grits
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Rock On, PA, Rock On!!

Wishing you many, many more years. ;)

VeryOldMan
07-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for all the work you put into the site; I wish I'd found this forum a long time ago.

Speed Figure
07-29-2013, 12:30 PM
The BEST FORUM EVER! :ThmbUp:

LAP_520
07-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for all the work you put into the site; I wish I'd found this forum a long time ago.

AGREE ! !

Greyfox
07-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Well done. Keep up the good work.

Greyfox

Stillriledup
07-29-2013, 12:58 PM

You were too busy celebrating A Rod's birthday to notice? :D

Congrats on the 14 years! :ThmbUp:

RaceBookJoe
07-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Congrats !!!

Zydeco
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
A good run..here's to at least 14 more.

Tom
07-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Is that 14 from the beginning or the new board?
Either way, impressive.
Too bad we lost a lot of gems from the early years.....some YOU would probably like to forget! :lol:

Congratulations!!!!!!

offtrack
07-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Congrats....what do I get the website that knows everything?

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Is that 14 from the beginning or the new board?
Either way, impressive.
Too bad we lost a lot of gems from the early years.....some YOU would probably like to forget! :lol:

Congratulations!!!!!!14 from the beginning...which is why it says under my name that I joined in 2001...the first couple of boards died horrible deaths...lol

precocity
07-29-2013, 01:53 PM
congratz PA best site to me ever! and I chilled out on my drunk rants and cussing. :cool:

Saratoga_Mike
07-29-2013, 01:58 PM
14 from the beginning...which is why it says under my name that I joined in 2001...the first couple of boards died horrible deaths...lol

You operated a different board at one point?

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2013, 02:03 PM
You operated a different board at one point?No...just the first two versions of this message board crashed horribly on me after a while...once I moved to vBulletin, I didn't have anymore problems...

All the early posts from the first year or two were lost...

Dave Schwartz
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, that's where Scoop Cone gave us the Key to Winning and then it was lost.

:lol: :bang:

BillW
07-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Ah just hitting the peak of puberty. Things ought to really get crazy now :eek:

Congrats Mike, very few make it this far!

jahura2
07-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Awesome job PA. Your site is a MUST for anyone that loves this great sport. Thanks for all of your hard work and effort!

horses4courses
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Here's to another 14 years plus....... :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
07-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Happy birthday to the site that pisses on all other gambling sites as well as all other social media..........it's the only forum you can get any answer you want from the well informed members!!!!

You know it's good when check what's going on here before I go on Facebook to see what's going on in people's lives I've know for 30 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

raybo
07-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Great job Mike! :1:

Got to the party late but the last 9 years have proven to me that this is the absolute best players forum on the web!

TheStuntman
07-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Not a lot sites last 14 years, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication from both the site and its members. Congrats to everyone involved.

Robert Goren
07-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Great Job, Mike. Just think, without this board what would half the poster do at work. Just kidding!:D This board has been a God-sent in my retirement. I hope it goes forever. Thanks Mike

Robert Goren

lamboguy
07-29-2013, 04:12 PM
what a great ride this has been, i know this site has helped to keep the game alive, no doubt it will be here 14 years from now, i hope and pray all the people are too

Jay Trotter
07-29-2013, 04:21 PM

I went online on July 27, 1999...you'd think after 14 years, this place would be bigger...lol...but then again, I really haven't spent one dime on advertising......

.....And a very special THANK YOU goes out to all the great people who have helped me through the years, for free I might add, because I'm a cheap bastard.I can attest to the "cheap bastard" comment! I think my wage would amount to less than what those Apple workers in China earn!

Seriously though, congrats on 14 years. That's a good run, especially in a basically non-profit racket like this. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

so.cal.fan
07-29-2013, 04:28 PM
I remember when you started the board....I think I've re-registered at least twice over the years, for whatever reason, I can't recall.
I love all you guys, I've come to know some really great friends on here.

maddog42
07-29-2013, 04:28 PM
14 years??!!?? Good God. I hope you make it a 1000 more while we all turn into Cyborg/machine handicappers. As long as the horses are flesh and blood....

JustRalph
07-29-2013, 05:08 PM
In the year 2015 Pace Advantage becomes self aware

By 2020 we are all in danger

rubicon55
07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Mike, thanks for all the hard and unseen work you do to keep this site up.

riskman
07-29-2013, 05:54 PM
This is a great place to get a diversified view of Horse Race handicapping and betting. Off Topic can be lively as well.

Congrats to PA for this successful run and others who contribute to make it all happen.

Longshot6977
07-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Congrats to PA on your 14 year anniversary and all your hard work and hope to see many more. This site is great, so congrats to Mike, the site and all members. Keep it going for many more years.:) :ThmbUp: :)

098poi
07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Congrats to you PA, this is my favorite site. You can get more info here on anything much easier than Google!

Cratos
07-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Congratulations and I hope you will be here for at least another 14 years and longer.

mabred
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
happy birthday PA

it's been fun

mabred

Red Knave
07-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Bravo PA and here's to 14 more.

RK

cj
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Seems like just yesterday I made my first post and touted Inaugural Address at Gulfstream, a horse that won and paid $20 or so. May have been my last winner, but its been fun.

nijinski
07-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Stands the test of time! The finest horseracing board ! Congrats !

Tape Reader
07-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Congrats PA. Your "off topic" is my go-to place for breaking news.

wisconsin
07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks Mike...so glad I found this place!

formula_2002
07-29-2013, 11:05 PM
The very best to you.
Thanks to the selection forum, I have saved a lot of money. It keeps me too busy to make real bets :)

Zaf
07-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Congrats :jump: Wow awesome, Fave website of all time :ThmbUp:

Z

mostpost
07-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Congratulations!! There is not a better place to talk horse racing with some really smart people, and to argue politics.
You're wondering why I didn't say "with some really smart people" after politics, but that was just an oversight. :lol:

Hajck Hillstrom
07-30-2013, 02:21 AM
...forum of merit.

Well done, and congratulations. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

KingChas
07-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Carry On! ;) :ThmbUp:

dkithore
07-30-2013, 07:23 AM
PA

Congratulations to you and all the knowledgeable contributors for making this a truly a valuable forum to come to and learn about horse racing. You do provide a context in which we can read and write freely without being judged. Thanks.

Augenj
07-30-2013, 07:27 AM
This is a great site populated by smart people with amazing horse racing insights. I couldn't have found a better place to find new angles. :ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
07-30-2013, 07:34 AM
and MANY more years to continue....we all hope!

Capper Al
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Happy birthday.

ElKabong
07-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Happy b-day indeed. I first logged on in dec 1999, it was a great place to share handicapping angles / theories. Run by a real good guy, I hope the board pays him back somehow for his extreme patience and stewardship

HuggingTheRail
07-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Happy Birthday, and Thanks Mike for the site.... I am not sure if I have learned more or enjoyed more during my time here.

plainolebill
07-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the work you do and have done Mike, and Happy Birthday to the premier horseracing site on the web.

so.cal.fan
07-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree with El Kabong....PA is the best!
I found this board about the same time my friend El K did.
Like I said, I've met some great people on this board over the years!
Bill W.
Bruddah
Tom
J.R.
are just a few of the old timers here.

John and I will always remember how nice all you people were when John got hurt. They brought up stacks of email/posts from the PA board to John's room those first few days. We still have them.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Happy Forum Birthday and thanks again for the great place to hang out online!

Rookies
07-30-2013, 10:38 PM
:ThmbUp:

Not sure how I found this place. I think it was through NYRA original, which recommended it as an exterior offshoot after some internal uhhhh... "troubles".

Anyway, lots of sharp posts here, including OT. I find some of the sharper people there bat for the other team... which I find unusual compared to some of my normal haunts.

Tommy, I mean the other, other team! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks guys and gals for all your kind words...it really means a lot and makes it all the more worthwhile... :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Vinnie
07-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Thank you Mike for all that you do to keep this fabulous board going where we can come in and exchange regularly with one another about this incredible sport that we love so very much.

Whenever I get ready to log on to the PA site I feel like a little kid who has just found a new toy... :)

Happy Birthday to the PA forum and thank you once again for everything you do to keep things rolling right along.

All the BEST!

Beachbabe
07-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Congratulations & happy birthday to the best horse racing/ gambling site around.
Thanks to Mike; the moderators; the guys who run & score the contests & the sponsors of the same.
You can't get this stuff anywhere else.

PICSIX
07-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Congratulations & happy birthday to the best horse racing/ gambling site around.
Thanks to Mike; the moderators; the guys who run & score the contests & the sponsors of the same.
You can't get this stuff anywhere else.

What she said :ThmbUp:

Skanoochies
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
A belated happy birthday to P.A. and the forum. This is sixty years since my first visit to a track, and I still consider myself an amateur compared to the rest of you folks. Keep up the great work, and thank you P.A. and all the posters. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

RXB
08-01-2013, 02:01 PM
337 people viewing the General Racing Discussion board on a Thursday morning/afternoon. Must be a great board. Oh wait, no, that's just PA stat-fixing again.

Sincerely,

Light

PS, seriously, well done PA.

barn32
08-01-2013, 07:27 PM
.http://imageshack.us/a/img543/2074/zito.png