PDA

View Full Version : What's with the timer at Saratoga?

Stillriledup
07-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Seems like the times they put up on the board are 1 second and some change "off" compared to what's listed in equibase chart. Who should i believe, the actual Stga feed, or Equibase?

Cmon guys, we're not asking you to stop world hunger.

cj
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Seems like the times they put up on the board are 1 second and some change "off" compared to what's listed in equibase chart. Who should i believe, the actual Stga feed, or Equibase?

A few examples other than the obvious one in the turf race last week where even Durkin know the time had to be wrong?

Stillriledup
07-29-2013, 04:37 PM
A few examples other than the obvious one in the turf race last week where even Durkin know the time had to be wrong?

The Shankapotamus race on the 27th (Shanker finished 2nd) the times seemed to be "slow" on the board but much faster on equibase.

westny
07-30-2013, 12:03 AM

This is what happens when the state :eek: runs NYRA...probably replaced the working timer like they did the functional ADW system with one that has been out of service for months now.

thespaah
07-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Or there is a bees nest on one of the electronic 'eyes'....Ok, just kidding.