PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN. 07/28

MeSlew
07-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Hello All! For Sunday July 27, 2013 a big-time day at the Jersey Shore and a full listing from Slew...

Monmouth - 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13
Gulfstream - 6,8
Woodbine - 2,4,7,8,9,10
Calder - 5,8
Arlington - 1,7,8
Del Mar - 2,3,4,5,6,7,10
Saratoga - 1,3,5,6,7,8,9,10
Parx - 8

Not too many winners from Slew today but I personally wish to thank Alan E. Goldberg for scratching Laughing out of the Matchmaker and running in the Diana. I wonder if he knew Dayatthespa intended to scratch?

For Sunday, we have two Key Horses running:

Channel Lady - MP ( 5) GP 01/05/13 # 10
Decisive Moment - MP (12) GP 02/01/13 # 5

Channel Lady (English Channel - Queen Supreme, by King of Kings (IRE)) was last seen on 6/22 winning the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes - Gr. 3 at Colonial Downs. Todd Pletcher calls on main man Johnny V. to guide this daughter of English Channel to her second straight win. Notably, it would make her 6 for 11 lifetime. Mr. Pletcher has been very careful in spotting her after he had to drop her into the maiden claiming ranks to get her maiden breaker. That was followed by 5 excellent races capped by a win in the Suwannee River Stakes - Gr. 3 at Gulfstream Park...the race that followed the 100K Marshua's River Stakes (G3) which got her on our list. Regardless of what you might think of him, if he was the CEO of a big company...I'd buy the stock.

She will benefit from the scratch of Laughing but will have to contend with Michael Matz's Manakshi (Fr) and Graham Motion's Julie's Love (GB). Regardless, I still like Pletcher's judgement.

Decisive Moment should help set an honest pace in the Oceanport but hasn't won a race since Nixon was in the white house. Whether Republican, Democrat or Independent...

...use at your own risk.

I also wish to take a moment and address a question I was asked the other day: "What exactly are Key Horses"? They are not horses picked by Slew, but selected by me...the human. In reviewing key races, I select certain horses for future bets. They may stay on the list for a long time and need to be handicapped each time very carefully. But I have had some horses on my personal list for years and still catch them in winning races. So I share them with you, but you have to decide if this race is THE race.

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!