PDA

View Full Version : JimDandy

Tom
07-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Was looking forward to betting My Lute, but 5-2 killed that plan.
don't like much in here - looks an El Passo race.

Palice Malice dosen't interest me at all - not much on his resume, one good two-turn route and a sleepwalk marathon. (Watch him romp now!)

Save my money for Del Mar.

Quagmire
07-27-2013, 05:44 PM
My Lute and Moreno.

Tom
07-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I think the :9: looks decent - his figs are improving 78-85-91-100

33-1, seals the deal.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Code West and Mylute both lower odds than I thought they'd be - taking a small win/show bet on Freedom Child. He's on his toes....

misscashalot
2-4-5-8 / 10 dbl

Tee
Will Moreno and Freedom Child hook up early? Which one do u like the best if a speed duel doesn't develop? Code West get great trip - is he good enough?

thespaah
Was looking forward to betting My Lute, but 5-2 killed that plan.
don't like much in here - looks an El Passo race.

Palice Malice dosen't interest me at all - not much on his resume, one good two-turn route and a sleepwalk marathon. (Watch him romp now!)

Save my money for Del Mar.
This is the one where I would bet a few other horses to see if the Belmont was a one hit wonder.
I am not so sure about Mylute.
Going with a sma;ll win bet on Code West

Tom
07-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Anyone got a towel?
Got to get this egg off my face! :lol:

Just heard Todd is 6 for 10 in Jim Dandy starts.

Saratodda.
Got a ring to it.

thespaah
07-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Smith gave Palice Malice a perfect trip. However, that takes nothing away from the winner's performance.
He would have won had they gone around again.
Palice Malice is a good one folks. That's it.

cj
07-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Smith gave Palice Malice a perfect trip. However, that takes nothing away from the winner's performance.
He would have won had they gone around again.
Palice Malice is a good one folks. That's it.

Man, he makes that blinkers experiment look worse and worse every day. Todd has done a great job since though, can't take that away at all. Very nice horse.

raybo
07-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Very smart race by Mike, the pace was not a factor but he laid him just off the pace anyway. Just the best horse today. Will Take Charge made a strong run from far back to get 2nd.

A faster pace may have meant a different story, but Will Take Charge would have been even farther back early, and I doubt he would have been able to catch the winner, whoever that might have been.

GMB@BP
07-27-2013, 07:46 PM
47 and change seems like a very fair pace to me, and 147 and change is quick, second fastest in history in this race.

Seemed like a strong effort for what is a pretty talented horse, wonder why his riders seemed to want him to be a closer early on, horse is clearly better as a stalker.

raybo
07-27-2013, 07:58 PM
47 and change seems like a very fair pace to me, and 147 and change is quick, second fastest in history in this race.

Seemed like a strong effort for what is a pretty talented horse, wonder why his riders seemed to want him to be a closer early on, horse is clearly better as a stalker.

I think the horse is becoming a multi-style horse more and more as he matures. He ran a smart race, but had he taken the early lead I think he still wins this one, considering the average pace.

classhandicapper
08-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Sometimes, when a race is over you have to just shake your head. Before the Belmont I spent a lot of energy explaining why I didn't like Freedom Child off his speed biased slop win in the Peter Pan (that some people loved). After viewing his Belmont (which everyone hated), I thought he hung around well enough for the first 1M or 1 1/8M (when the horses were actually still running well in that race) to think he had a shot to hang around for a piece of the trifecta in the Jim Dandy at 16-1. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with that horse. He was good enough in Florida on a fast track to think he could do better than that.