PDA

View Full Version : my favorite harness meet of them all..

sq764
02-28-2004, 10:53 PM
My favorite meet is fast approaching, as Hoosier Park opens their harness racing on March 20th.
I absolutely love this track, and with all due respect to those Hoosier bettors, there is so much 'dumb' money being bet, it's not funny.

Cannot wait..

Skanoochies
02-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Look forward to hearing your choices. I couldn`t pick a harness winner with a Ouidgi (sp) board.

Good luck,

Skanoochies.:D

Exactaman
02-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by sq764
My favorite meet is fast approaching, as Hoosier Park opens their harness racing on March 20th.
I absolutely love this track, and with all due respect to those Hoosier bettors, there is so much 'dumb' money being bet, it's not funny.

Cannot wait..

that right sq? you get your closers coming in there?

sq764
02-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Well, a few things about Hoosier that I have found..

1) Fractional analysis is HUGE there
2) You have to be very selective, as they have many awful maiden Indiana bred races that are definite pass
3) The driving colony is fairly equal (except for maybe Irvine and Putnam)

One other 'angle' of sorts I have found there is a bit unique. I looked to see horses that made sharp moves between the half and 3/4 marks that finished 4th or worse. Once I started to focus on those, I found that a lot of those horses were the best in the race, but either were hard to handle, or were given a premature big move by their driver.

I remember my wife and I went to Dover Downs one night last year and I was playing Hoosier. I had 4 horses circled that night to watch for that angle. I hit 3 of them in the 6th, 7th and 9th. They paid $26, $32 and $13..