PDA

View Full Version : Adios Day rain

RaceTrackDaddy
07-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Just a guide to those that will be handicapping the Meadows card today on Adios Day who use track bias. The rains started about a hour ago (I live 6 miles due northeast of the facility. The track should be at best 'good' at post time 12:20pm (I used the term "post time" loosely as they use the Northfield draw to attempt to increase wagering by not racing on post time).

I have not watched many races since late October of last year but since the track makeup is still limestone, the track bias should remain the same today as it was in previous years.

Given the rain's arrival being about 8 hours earlier than expected in the three day forecast I must assume the first race if rated 'good' would have a distinct front end bias. I also would assume that it would be downgraded to 'sloppy' by race 3 given the current radar images. I would switch over to those that stalk the pace in races from 3 to 6. After that time, if it's still raining (and I hope it is not) they will be coming from the clouds to win the races. If that is the case, the Adios might be won by a favorite, Vegas Vacation.

If you are at home, keep one eye on the racetrack and one on the radar screen if you are playing multiple race wagers (ie pick 3, 4, etc).

Happy Adios Day to one and all.

And yes, it may have been a long time since I was betting harness or at the Meadows as I have been betting greyhounds mostly with some flats during the Triple Crown.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
For the first seven races, I could not find a better horse for a best bet than Good Day Mate (# 6) 2/1. Seems he has only one start on an off track but breeding indicates a strong ability on the wet surfaces. The problem will be value. This race is the second leg in a pick-3 but more importantly the last leg of a pick-4. I personally will single him and go wide in the first three legs.

cmp92
07-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Just had a chance to glance through the entries. Unfortunately I have to work this afternoon, otherwise I'd love to watch and play a few of those races. Good luck all!

RaceTrackDaddy
07-27-2013, 11:35 AM
The rain is really coming down now. I would assume the track condition will be sloppy at the first post. Go with those that come from behind all day. If they added cushion in expectation of this rain, it will become sticky early and heavy later on.

LottaKash
07-27-2013, 12:01 PM
RTD, thx for the weather update and the presupposition(s) of the probable pace scenario's that might play out, due to the rain....

I always enjoy watching the track "morph" as the races wear on.....I try to stay extra alert on this type of track that is continually changing due to the inclement weather....

Some drivers are very astute and adept in assessing how the pace's are playing out as the card continues on, and they seem to get a handle on this much sooner than even some of the better drivers, at times.....

Good Hunting RTD, and All today.....It might turn out better than I anticipated, or not...haha..

"ADIOS"....:jump:

RaceTrackDaddy
07-27-2013, 12:18 PM
You welcome Kash
If it goes as planned, I am playing the (# 6) in the first race...