PDA

View Full Version : San Diego mayor Bob Filner

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Since when do people need THERAPY to NOT be a DB?

Do you need therapy to learn to be a 'nice person'?

This is odd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/us/san-diego-mayor-facing-charges-of-harassment-says-he-will-enter-therapy.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Robert Goren
07-27-2013, 08:02 AM
I had not realize he is 70. It is also kind of amazing that none of the actuations yet are from very far back. I would think there would be a history of this going back decades. So far that is not the case. A lot of the things he did are so unacceptable, you have wonder what he was thinking.
Politically speaking he should resign at once.

Rookies
07-27-2013, 09:41 AM
HOW do these guys even get nominated? :bang: Isn't there a vetting process and primary where this stuff is reviewed?

NOBODY cares about his 'therapy' other than himself or any close family. THAT is a personal matter.

Yet another entitled buffoon pol hoisted on his own unseemly petard and unwilling to take his own self injurious medicine and resign.:ThmbDown:

Unfortunately, there is always the 'redemption' card to be played. Look at South Carolinians. They were dumb enough to ante up the 'Sanford without Son' chip again. :ThmbDown:

tucker6
07-27-2013, 11:27 AM
HOW do these guys even get nominated? :bang: Isn't there a vetting process and primary where this stuff is reviewed?

NOBODY cares about his 'therapy' other than himself or any close family. THAT is a personal matter.

Yet another entitled buffoon pol hoisted on his own unseemly petard and unwilling to take his own self injurious medicine and resign.:ThmbDown:

Unfortunately, there is always the 'redemption' card to be played. Look at South Carolinians. They were dumb enough to ante up the 'Sanford without Son' chip again. :ThmbDown:
I live in SC and voted for Sanford. It was a known conservative vs talking head liberal, and we don't need more liberals in Congress. Nothing dumb about it. I'll take a financially conservative DB over a liberal most every time. After all, his transgressions were personal/ethical in nature, and last I checked, that is a disease that has touched almost all the politicians.

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't know the details surrounding all the accusations. One claims she told him she works her butt off, he then pats her on the butt and says " no, it's still there". If that was the extent of the so called "sexual harassing", I'd throw her complaint out. I don't condone sexual harassment by any means, but women have been known to use it as a tool to destroy people. Another thing that bothers me, why didn't each complain and come forward when the harassment occurred? Instead, all 7 come forward at once in an apparent team effort.
If he's guilty of sexual harassment he should be gone. I'm just curious of exactly what he did to them. A pat on the behind from a 70 yr old man isn't exactly an act of molestation.

Robert Goren
07-27-2013, 01:01 PM
I live in SC and voted for Sanford. It was a known conservative vs talking head liberal, and we don't need more liberals in Congress. Nothing dumb about it. I'll take a financially conservative DB over a liberal most every time. After all, his transgressions were personal/ethical in nature, and last I checked, that is a disease that has touched almost all the politicians.Then you are allowed to bitch about liberals who get involved in sex scandals then run public office again and have any creditability. In Sanford's as I remember, he left the state without putting any in charge in case of an emergency. Really strange you would think that he was just your average dirt bag. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

Robert Goren
07-27-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't know the details surrounding all the accusations. One claims she told him she works her butt off, he then pats her on the butt and says " no, it's still there". If that was the extent of the so called "sexual harassing", I'd throw her complaint out. I don't condone sexual harassment by any means, but women have been known to use it as a tool to destroy people. Another thing that bothers me, why didn't each complain and come forward when the harassment occurred? Instead, all 7 come forward at once in an apparent team effort.
If he's guilty of sexual harassment he should be gone. I'm just curious of exactly what he did to them. A pat on the behind from a 70 yr old man isn't exactly an act of molestation. Putting your hands on woman when it is unwanted is sexual harassment these days. Learn that and live by it and you will get along just fine. Women don't have to put with slaps the butts anymore nor do men for that matter either. Keep your hands to yourself is the rule and has been for quite sometime. It was my new management training course for ABM industries in 2001. You are at least 12 years behind the times.

johnhannibalsmith
07-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Putting your hands on woman when it is unwanted is sexual harassment these days. Learn that and live by it and you will get along just fine. Women don't have to put with slaps the butts anymore nor do men for that matter either. Keep your hands to yourself is the rule and has been for quite sometime. It was my new management training course for ABM industries in 2001. You are at least 12 years behind the times.

Yeah. Regardless of the guy's intent and maybe he's just a sweet old duffer from yesteryear that isn't trying to make anyone else uncomfortable and is playfully good natured - that sort of act is going to get you in trouble these days... unless you give her a promotion, a raise, a car, a summer home... :lol:

Robert Goren
07-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah. Regardless of the guy's intent and maybe he's just a sweet old duffer from yesteryear that isn't trying to make anyone else uncomfortable and is playfully good natured - that sort of act is going to get you in trouble these days... unless you give her a promotion, a raise, a car, a summer home... :lol:It is not clear yet that this not departure from his behavior from a few years ago. I have seen this departure happen in older men before, but usually they are in their mid to upper 80s. This is an interesting case, in that it is not your usual politician having an affair or hooked up hookers thing. In any case, he should resign at once. At 70, I would think his political career is over.
I remember we had a lady hugger once that we had to deal with. I thought one guy was going to hit her. We could not get it through her head that he did not want to be hugged. She was clearly violating company policy as stated in the employee hand book. She could see no harm. I could see her point, but.... We finally had to fire her after the usual verbal and written warnings and suspensions rigmarole.

TJDave
07-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Someone needs to investigate whether there is a trigger for a pension and when that would occur. That would be my guess as to why he hasn't resigned.

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2013, 03:04 PM
You are at least 12 years behind the times.
Oh yeah I forget, not suppose to spank children anymore (everyone i grew up with got spanked and turned out alright), not suppose to verbally insult prisoners, can't say the "N" word, must allow gays to marry and adopt children....you can stop me anytime, smart guy. Yeah, I'm 12 or even 30 years behind and feel really good about it, but I suppose that's wrong in your world as well.

tucker6
07-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Then you are allowed to bitch about liberals who get involved in sex scandals then run public office again and have any creditability. In Sanford's as I remember, he left the state without putting any in charge in case of an emergency. Really strange you would think that he was just your average dirt bag. Correct me if I am wrong about that.
for Congress, he is just your average dirtbag. I don't have any expectation that either party has upstanding citizens running for office. In a tie, I vote my pocketbook, which is exactly what the residents of SC did. Really not a surprise, or shouldn't have been.

Here is a list of some Dem crimes. Please let me know whether you believe they are more or less severe crimes than what Sanford did:

Barney Frank allegedly molesting pages (teenage)
Rep Jefferson of Louisiana having $80k+ in his freezer via bribes
John Murtha of PA taking kickbacks for govt contracts
Where do you draw the line??

TJDave
07-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah I forget, not suppose to spank children anymore (everyone i grew up with got spanked and turned out alright), not suppose to verbally insult prisoners, can't say the "N" word, must allow gays to marry and adopt children....you can stop me anytime, smart guy. Yeah, I'm 12 or even 30 years behind and feel really good about it, but I suppose that's wrong in your world as well.

In a lot of places it's the law. You don't have to like it but if you don't wanna face the consequences you have to follow it. If you want to spank your kids I'd suggest at home with the shades drawn... and turn up the TV.

tucker6
07-27-2013, 05:07 PM
In a lot of places it's the law. You don't have to like it but if you don't wanna face the consequences you have to follow it. If you want to spank your kids I'd suggest at home with the shades drawn... and turn up the TV.
Why should we have to follow all the laws? Obama says he won't enforce any US laws he disagree with even though he has pledged to enforce all of them. Think immigration. The attorney general of PA just said she won't enforce the law to ban same sex marraige. Why can't we selectively break the laws we don't believe in? I'm only taking my queue from govt.

TJDave
07-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Why can't we selectively break the laws we don't believe in?

Try it. Let me know how that works out.

Tom
07-27-2013, 05:29 PM

Obama and holder get away with it.

TJDave
07-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Obama and holder get away with it.

When you get to be an Obama you'll get away with it, too.

Tom
07-27-2013, 06:02 PM
A free and prosperous people is of no value to a government.

tucker6
07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
now there's a weak reply to a disconcerting problem we have with govt today. So when the GOP takes over and decides to not enforce something near and dear to your heart, you'll be okay with that?? I guarantee it'll happen.

Rookies
07-27-2013, 07:44 PM
for Congress, he is just your average dirtbag. I don't have any expectation that either party has upstanding citizens running for office. In a tie, I vote my pocketbook, which is exactly what the residents of SC did. Really not a surprise, or shouldn't have been.

Here is a list of some Dem crimes. Please let me know whether you believe they are more or less severe crimes than what Sanford did:

Barney Frank allegedly molesting pages (teenage)
Rep Jefferson of Louisiana having $80k+ in his freezer via bribes
John Murtha of PA taking kickbacks for govt contracts
Where do you draw the line??

You do realize that ANYBODY can ante up another 10 similar from the Conservative side. When THAT is your best defense, we're all defeated. What you're saying is that you're more than happy to elect a slime ball Con, as long as he's a Conservative!

And worse, there's nobody better in the State of South Carolina who is a better candidate. :lol: :bang: :rolleyes:

Do you not see how impossibly low you've set the bar. Why not empty the prisons and may be the most articulate murderer run ?

tucker6
07-27-2013, 08:00 PM
You do realize that ANYBODY can ante up another 10 similar from the Conservative side. When THAT is your best defense, we're all defeated. What you're saying is that you're more than happy to elect a slime ball Con, as long as he's a Conservative!

And worse, there's nobody better in the State of South Carolina who is a better candidate. :lol: :bang: :rolleyes:

Do you not see how impossibly low you've set the bar. Why not empty the prisons and may be the most articulate murderer run ?
apparently, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. First of all, I don't nominate who runs. They are selected for me to vote on. And don't give me the primaries BS. I don't really choose them either. The party machines do. Maybe you do it differently in Canada?? Secondly, I know both sides are slimeballs. I've said it repeatedly in multiple threads. Given that they are nearly all miscreants, I've decided to go with my wallet. Last I checked, most everybody votes for the person most agreeable with their own personal thoughts and opinion or needs, and not some altruistic choice on what is best for America. Would be nice, but it has NEVER been that way. Sounds nostalgic, but an untrue portrayal of life back in the day.

Tom
07-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Do you not see how impossibly low you've set the bar.

Apparently, YOUR bar is not so far north of ours.
Just a hell of a lot more boring.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/08/29/8-canadian-political-sex-scandals-and-one-maybe/

.....with the Rolling Stones? :faint:

cj's dad
07-27-2013, 11:48 PM
At some point, we will all wake up to the the fact that both sides are crooks. I offer that the R's are not so bad as they support business, which creates jobs. The Dems support reliance on the Govn't.

Robert Goren
07-28-2013, 09:04 AM
At some point, we will all wake up to the the fact that both sides are crooks. I offer that the R's are not so bad as they support business, which creates jobs. The Dems support reliance on the Govn't. The GOP is hard at work making business as dependent on government as the third generation welfare mother. All the special deals are making it impossible for a business who doesn't get them to compete with a business that gets them. We are not just talking about couple of tax breaks. We talking vast amounts of taxpayer funding for infrastructure often down to even the government erecting the buildings. Start reading the money section of your local paper and actually read the stories in them instead just checking the stock and the editorial pieces. You will get an education real fast on what government is doing to help certain companies who play ball with them. The politicians talk taxes and regulation, but in practice it is how much money can they throw at businesses. And it is not only Manufacturing but office and retail as well.

johnhannibalsmith
07-28-2013, 10:23 AM
The GOP is hard at work making business as dependent on government as the third generation welfare mother...

Like the so-called "green energy industry"?

Bastards!

TJDave
07-28-2013, 03:07 PM
now there's a weak reply to a disconcerting problem we have with govt today. So when the GOP takes over and decides to not enforce something near and dear to your heart, you'll be okay with that?? I guarantee it'll happen.

Nothing to do with party politics. All to do with power.

Twenty five years ago I remember being refused seating at a fancy-dancy New Orleans restaurant unless I put on a coat and tie. 30 minutes later a U.S. Senator strolls in, absent coat and tie...guess what happened?

Rules are made for the little people, as are the consequences.

tucker6
07-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Nothing to do with party politics. All to do with power.

Twenty five years ago I remember being refused seating at a fancy-dancy New Orleans restaurant unless I put on a coat and tie. 30 minutes later a U.S. Senator strolls in, absent coat and tie...guess what happened?

Rules are made for the little people, as are the consequences.
we started out talking laws, and now you're talking about the dress code set by the proprietor at a local joint. See any differences between the two?

TJDave
07-28-2013, 03:51 PM
See any differences between the two?

Not really.

It was you who first asked why we can't pick and choose the laws we want to follow when Congress/President do exactly that. I responded that enforcement of the law was different for us vs. them. Like it or not, there is a privileged class.

We ain't part of it.

tucker6
07-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Not really.

It was you who first asked why we can't pick and choose the laws we want to follow when Congress/President do exactly that. I responded that enforcement of the law was different for us vs. them. Like it or not, there is a privileged class.

We ain't part of it.
sorry. We were discussing US laws, not restaurant dress code. Obama breaking immigration law or the AG of PA breaking same sex marriage law is not a privilege to them as the restaurant code would be. They are wilfully breaking a law for political gain. That will come back to bite the dems when the GOP gets back in the WH.

I agree that their is a privileged class, but you didn't demonstrate it with respect to Obama or the AG. That was just politics.

Robert Goren
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Like the so-called "green energy industry"?

Bastards!The "green energy industry" money merely a drop in the bucket.

tucker6
07-28-2013, 04:06 PM
The "green energy industry" money merely a drop in the bucket.
Spending on renewable energy is expected to be $11B next year. The return on that investment is meager to say the least. Hardly chicken feed.

Robert Goren
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Spending on renewable energy is expected to be $11B next year. The return on that investment is meager to say the least. Hardly chicken feed. You haven't a clue about this. $11B is less than a drop in the bucket.

Tom
07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
$11B is less than a drop in the bucket.

Dams right. At the rate Obama is gong, the $11B will create 3,4 $50K jobs.
How much health car do you think you could buy with that?

jerry-g
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
You know what they say: A Billion here and a Billion there and pretty soon
you're talking about some serious money.

Robert Goren
07-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Dams right. At the rate Obama is gong, the $11B will create 3,4 $50K jobs.
How much health car do you think you could buy with that?Although there is plenty of money tossed around at the federal level, the real give aways for business is at the state and local level. Do you really believe that a couple tax breaks is going to get a company to move? If you do, I have a football picking service for sale.

Tom
07-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I never said a thing about anyone moving.
What are you talking about?

Robert Goren
07-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I never said a thing about anyone moving.
What are you talking about?I am talking about the massive government giveaways at the state and local level to businesses.

cj's dad
07-30-2013, 12:41 AM
I am talking about the massive government giveaways at the state and local level to businesses.

Where is your outrage regarding the massive amounts of taxpayer dollars spent on losers; i.e. unwed mothers, jail birds, pimps, prostitutes, drug addicts, illegals, etc.... none of the above mentioned produce jobs. Oh wait, they do, in the prison system, the detention centers, the courts, the social service offices, the drug rehab centers... I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.

tucker6
07-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Where is your outrage regarding the massive amounts of taxpayer dollars spent on losers; i.e. unwed mothers, jail birds, pimps, prostitutes, drug addicts, illegals, etc.... none of the above mentioned produce jobs. Oh wait, they do, in the prison system, the detention centers, the courts, the social service offices, the drug rehab centers... I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.
There was a local news story last evening about the explosive growth in those ankle bracelets for parolees and other types. Seems use of these monitoring devices is growing so rapidly that when a con cuts his bracelet off, it can take days for the police to get around to investigating it. Another well thought out govt idea. I swear the govt can take perfume and turn it into piss water at a moment's notice.

Robert Goren
07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Where is your outrage regarding the massive amounts of taxpayer dollars spent on losers; i.e. unwed mothers, jail birds, pimps, prostitutes, drug addicts, illegals, etc.... none of the above mentioned produce jobs. Oh wait, they do, in the prison system, the detention centers, the courts, the social service offices, the drug rehab centers... I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.I have it but you post on it almost daily so I don't have to. At least money spent there is an attempt to make it a better place to live. Where yours on the massive giveaways to multimillionaires and billionaires. There is project here in Lincoln basically being paid for by the taxpayers as an adjunct to the arena. It will be the new and improved bar scene for drunken college students. The city even says so with pride. Cost to taxpayer to build; $100 million. There is a couple of jobs for bartenders come out of it and bunch for the cops and the people who run what you talking about. It will I am sure will attract many of the people you named. The people getting the $100 million are already worth almost a billion. This project might just put them over the top. This in a town of only 260 thousand and it is along way from the only thing the local government has cooked up. There is downtown industrial park($250K of taxpayer money) that has drawn an insurance company office building from the outskirts of town and a bike shop in the 5 years since it was completed. There are at least a half dozen other such expensive projects going on here. Where the outrage from conservatives over this waste of taxpayer money. I know you too busy writing food stamp abuse by some rich guy to tackle this. And try to tell that something like these projects are not going on every city of any size. Just try reading the money section of your local paper for a while. You will get a real eye opening.

Saratoga_Mike
07-30-2013, 04:28 PM
The mayor now wants the city to pay his legal fees....the guy makes Weiner seem honorable.

Jay Trotter
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Where is your outrage regarding the massive amounts of taxpayer dollars spent on losers; i.e. unwed mothers, jail birds, pimps, prostitutes, drug addicts, illegals, etc....Wow, unwed mother = loser.

Talk about your blanket statement. Hopefully, your life will never take a wrong turn, thus making you a loser too. Just so you know, my mother was unwed. Yes, that's right -- I'm a bastard. It must be so nice to be such a superior specimen of humanity like yourself. :ThmbDown:

DJofSD
07-31-2013, 09:31 AM
The plot thickens: http://calwatchdog.com/2013/07/31/filner-accusers-include-head-of-san-diego-schools/

The duplicity stinks to high heaven.

cj's dad
08-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Wow, unwed mother = loser.

Talk about your blanket statement. Hopefully, your life will never take a wrong turn, thus making you a loser too. Just so you know, my mother was unwed. Yes, that's right -- I'm a bastard. It must be so nice to be such a superior specimen of humanity like yourself. :ThmbDown:

I should have been more precise in my use of the term unwed mother=loser. What I should have said was women that have 3-4-5 children with no husband in sight with the sole purpose of living off of the gov't, i.e. the taxpayer. Certainly, there are many mothers who have raised children on their own with out the gov'ts support. Unfortunately many are playing a game on the system. If you cannot accept that fact, then you have an issue, not me.

Tom
08-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I thought this guy looked familiar.

DJofSD
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.sddt.com/Government/article.cfm?SourceCode=20130815cza&_t=SD+journalists+discuss+difficulties+of+breaking +Filner+story#.Ug1C8ZLryXc

An elected politician's rights of privacy trumps the public's right to know.

Seems there's no such thing as news any more. It's all posturing around a position of unelected guardian of the public's conscience.

Tom
08-15-2013, 11:14 PM
The idea behind a free press is that no elected official have ANY right to privacy. We have very few news outfits in this country.

Pravda was better than what we have here - at least there no debate that about what Pravda was. Here, morons still believe what the press reports. Pity.
a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

DJofSD
08-15-2013, 11:17 PM
It seems the movie "MIB" was predictive: any real information is found in the tabloids.

DJofSD
08-23-2013, 09:06 PM
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/23/filner-resigns/

But, he does not have any problem, it's the rest of the world which is crazy.

Tom
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Filner has a new job - he starts working for the TSA at San Diego Airport Monday.

BlueShoe
08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Filner has a new job - he starts working for the TSA at San Diego Airport Monday.
Can't help thinking that the ideal job for him, after considering his abilities, would be as Anthony Weiner's campaign manager during his upcoming NYC mayoral bid.