PDA

View Full Version : Gr. 1 Diana @ Saratoga Sat......

taxicab
07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Centre Court (5-2 ) looks like the goods on Saturday.
She appeared to dislike the soft going in her most recent.
Probably best to put a line through that race.
On the firm turf she has proven deadly.
Horses that she has beat up on have comeback to fare quite well.
Love the way she wins her races, in complete command.
She's really good......

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 12:46 AM
She had traffic trouble too.

BIG49010
07-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Do you think she has to alter her running style to keep Dayatthespa honest?

If so doesn't that hurt her chances, and set the table for Stephanie again?

If not does that give Dayatthespa and easy lead, and a W/W win?

garyscpa
07-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Dayatthespa is scratched.

PhantomOnTour
07-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Dayatthespa is scratched.
Laughing will have a go on the front end now, but this race appears unbettable.

pondman
07-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Talk about self punishment-- I'd rather take up cutting and self mutilation than have money in this one! You'll have to beat the Kitten.

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 01:35 PM

You dont' have to keep anyone honest at this place,its REALLY hard to wire the field on the turf, no matter how slow the pace. The first few days of the meet speed was king, it was hard to close, but it rained on the off day and speed hasnt been so good since then. Of course, it could all change today if the course is drying out, could get like a highway again, time will tell.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-27-2013, 02:50 PM
The back figures for :1: Dream Peace in the TimeformUS PPs appear to tower over the rest of the field. I've only glanced at the BRIS PPs, but if the TimeformUS numbers are good, Dream Peace looks to have some back class and could be "decent" value, though of course she's camera shy.....

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
The back figures for :1: Dream Peace in the TimeformUS PPs appear to tower over the rest of the field. I've only glanced at the BRIS PPs, but if the TimeformUS numbers are good, Dream Peace looks to have some back class and could be "decent" value, though of course she's camera shy.....

Her last 2 efforts have left a lot to be desired. This is a far superior bunch than what she's lost to the last few times.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Her last 2 efforts have left a lot to be desired. This is a far superior bunch than what she's lost to the last few times.

Agreed. But whenever I see a horse running in a stakes that was in the money in the same race the prior year, I give it a little closer look....

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Agreed. But whenever I see a horse running in a stakes that was in the money in the same race the prior year, I give it a little closer look....

I'm more of a here and now handicapper...especially with fillies and mares, they can get sour and/or lose some of their original "fight" and its hard for them to get back to that level. I live by the rule that i dont want to get cute and go back too far and try and 'resurrect' a horse like this and just try and guess that she might be back to her 'old self'.

camourous
07-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Centre Court should win this race, but she should have won last time too, Leparoux gave one of his usual awful rides on her, was hoping they'd take him off, but he is back aboard, he shouldn't be able to make his own trouble again in a small field, but with him you never know

Hoofless_Wonder
07-27-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm more of a here and now handicapper...especially with fillies and mares, they can get sour and/or lose some of their original "fight" and its hard for them to get back to that level. I live by the rule that i dont want to get cute and go back too far and try and 'resurrect' a horse like this and just try and guess that she might be back to her 'old self'.

Recent form used to be a much stronger indicator than it is now in the "age of the layoff" winner, but I can't argue with you. Even after a closer look, it's hard for me to play a horse that hasn't won in almost two years.

I am intrigued a bit by the "hidden talent" of the TimeformUS figures though, as BRIS doesn't give her much credit for those races last year.

I tossed the :1: in a cheap grand slam ticket, and will call it a day....

thespaah
07-27-2013, 05:02 PM
You dont' have to keep anyone honest at this place,its REALLY hard to wire the field on the turf, no matter how slow the pace. The first few days of the meet speed was king, it was hard to close, but it rained on the off day and speed hasnt been so good since then. Of course, it could all change today if the course is drying out, could get like a highway again, time will tell.
Plainview just wired the 8th vs a pretty good bunch. So one would tend to believe that speed will hold up on the Spa grass.
With a field of 5, two horses taking 60% of the win pool, there doesn't appear to be a lot of value here.
With 11 mins to post, there appears to be a bit more exacta money on :2: than the :5:

thespaah
07-27-2013, 05:04 PM
I also would rather take Johnny V over Leparoux as well.

Tee
07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Let's see how far Laughing can take her speed. Exotics with her underneath aren't horrible. Not great, but not super small either.

Tom
07-27-2013, 05:16 PM
How do they look with her ON TOP?
Came home in 11-2/5...tough to close into that.

Tee
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
How do they look with her ON TOP?

Looks like $75.00 :)

Stillriledup
07-27-2013, 05:25 PM
If this was run a few days ago there's no way the 4 would have hung on. Interesting race. Not sure why the 5 had no run, even with the pressing trip she should have been stronger, she was done early.

thespaah
07-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Looks like $75.00 :)
Yep...I guess the Spa turf is back to being speed biased.
Although that 2nd quarter was a breather for the winner.
But the third panel was under 24 seconds.
Laughing just flat out took off.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Nice pick Tee. My uno dog had every chance, and once again just didn't want to be in the winner's circle.

Now I just need Code West to fire here in the wide open Jim Dandy to cash a GS ticket, though Maggie just mentioned he looks a bit underweight.....<sigh>

classhandicapper
07-28-2013, 01:57 PM
IMO the scratch of Dayatthespa changed that race a lot.