PDA

View Full Version : RIP Unbridled's Song

nijinski
07-26-2013, 06:08 PM
From Tayolr Mede Stallion site . :(

As a racehorse, Unbridled’s Song was also top class. The most accomplished son of Unbridled, the talented gray earned respect as a leading 2-year-old and 3-year-old of his generation. He captured the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) at two before going on to win the Florida Derby (G1) and Wood Memorial (G2) at three. Unbridled’s Song earned $1,311,800 before retiring to stud at Taylor Made in 1997. Unbridled’s Song proved to be one of the most popular commercial sires of all time. His $298,118 lifetime yearling average is best among all North American sires and ranks third all-time in North America among sires by gross yearling sales with $198,844,653 in gross sales. Sons of Unbridled’s Song at stud already include Grade 1-producing sires Even the Score, First Defence, etc, and his daughters have ranked him among the top broodmare sires, having produced many Grade 1 winners internationally. Bred in Kentucky by Mandysland Farm out of the Caro (Ire) mare Trolley Song, Unbridled’s Song had recently completed the 2013 breeding season at Taylor Made Stallions. - See more at: http://www.taylormadestallions.com/articles/three-time-g1-winner-leading-sire-unbridled%E2%80%99s-song-euthanized.html#sthash.czIJwEin.dpuf

Stillriledup
07-26-2013, 06:33 PM
He won his debut at Saratoga i believe, it might have been July 26th? I dont have his PPs in front of me so i dont know the exact date, i remember him having an outside post, he was bet off the board as the next "good thing" and won by 10.

He did a lot for the game, he will be missed.

woodbinepmi
07-26-2013, 07:32 PM
The largest wager I have ever made was on Unbridled's song in the Juvenile at Belmont.

OntheRail
07-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Just read this on BH. R.I.P Unbridled's Song

Tom
07-26-2013, 11:44 PM
They showed the stretch run of his Belmont BC race on Saratoga in 30 tonight.
Sad - he was a good one.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2013/07/26/tribute-to-unbridled-s-song.aspx

SharpCat
07-27-2013, 01:45 AM
ZigWwFfGE_U

Atleast he went out a winner.

tzipi
07-27-2013, 12:17 PM
He won his debut at Saratoga i believe, it might have been July 26th? I dont have his PPs in front of me so i dont know the exact date, i remember him having an outside post, he was bet off the board as the next "good thing" and won by 10.

He did a lot for the game, he will be missed.

Pretty spot on Stillriled. His debut was August 26th. He was in the 10 hole and went off at 0.60.

R.I.P Unridled's Song. Great horse :(

wiffleball whizz
07-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Pretty spot on Stillriled. His debut was August 26th. He was in the 10 hole and went off at 0.60.

R.I.P Unridled's Song. Great horse :(

I was about 14 my father had a card game at our house and a sharp horseman stabled at monmouth mentioned this horse about 3 months before his first start said he would be sometimg special.....

I always walked around thinking that I knew about this horse before a lot of other people did.......the story around the horse was epic....I think that guy Ernie p owned the horse....

Also I could bet my life that he wore the number 11 in his first start and was 3/5

And can't believe it's been 17 years since that day.....that's even more scary felt like 6 years ago my father picked me up at the rutgers football game on Bc Saturday And showed me a 400 win bet and a $100 exacta cold with Hennessy....the horse was a the real deal....

I also remember him wearing a bar shoe in the derby and striking the lead at the top of the strech and fading.....I could be wrong there

SharpCat
07-27-2013, 12:42 PM
nWPbPHZiaAQ

wiffleball whizz
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Great post sharp cat!!!!!

precocity
07-27-2013, 12:59 PM
R.I.P Unbridled's Song.