PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Race 4, 7/24

Ocala Mike
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Does anyone have any input on this maiden race on the grass? I'm looking at # :8: , a second-timer by Dixieland Band going on turf for the first time off a race last winter where he ran a nice (hidden) 2nd quarter. Is Alex McPherson an ok trainer with these types? I don't know of him too much.

KidCapper
07-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Woodbine Race 4- My top 3 for what's it worth.

:6: - If she runs the race she ran 2 back she wins this. That being said she kind of has the look of a hanger. Nice workout July 11th. This might be the right field for her to get it done.

:1: . 2nd time out for Casse. Takes to the grass for the 1st time a 16% trainer move. Nice workout July 14th going 5F. Some things to like at 6-1.

:3: Long shot play here. Takes the blinkers off for Attfield who is currently on fire at 27% with that move. Bullet workout over the WO turf course going 5f in 59.1b. Bris figures improving each race...could surprise here.

KidCapper

HoofedInTheChest
07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
This race is wide open, tuff one to call.

I don't know much about McPherson, but the :8: is training well, but you can say that about 7 horses in the field. With limited lines to work with, this is a good race to pass, but if you feel the need to play the P4 i guess you have to take a stab.

The Kid summed up the three contenders on the surface, the only other horse i would add is the :4: . She has the best Total Energy rating of the field, and had a really nice breeze 10 days ago. She has the best True Speed rating but at the same time she has a terrible late pace rating as well as the worst deceleration rating and a mediocre Hidden Energy rating.

The :1: :1a: :2: come from big barns, but the only one i would consider is the :1: . The FTS' in the race look pretty average other than the :11: , and i'm not a fan of Casse and FTS', but Boulanger is a crafty f*cker and can bring this filly home. You always have to keep an eye on DaSilva on the turf, he dominates the turf races at WO, but Malcolm Pierce has a goose-egg so far this season, and i'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this horse other than it's a Sam-Son Farm filly.

There's one horse that has peaked my interest, the :7: Gleaming Sunrise, the filly is a cut-back and is training very well but moving up in class. She has a good Trainer/Jockey combo and seems to improve every outing, this would be my longshot play.

Keep in mind that the turf favors E/EP, watch for a bias in the second race and judge from there, it's a bit chilly here today so the track might change from the norm.

Good Luck.

JustRalph
07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
:1:

:4:

:12: If this one wasn't so wide......... I would pick this one to win

:6:

speed
07-24-2013, 07:06 PM
The 8 is bred top bottom and sideways for turf. Planned on taking a shot singling him in pick 3's until i saw the OP's pick. :lol: Hope we get lucky

Ocala Mike
07-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry I threw you off there, speed. I put $10 win on the :8: , and a $1 exacta back wheel, hoping for one of those Woodbine special 70-1 shots nipping me on the wire.

Interested in that :12: horse, too, another second-timer, my specialty.

Caught two of them back to back at Woodbine South (Saratoga) in the 4th and 5th today - :5: / :4: for a $67 double.

speed
07-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Just hoping he appreciates Turf. He is very well bred for it.

Ocala Mike
07-24-2013, 08:08 PM
He's currently 7/2. So much for longshot picks. Guess the M/L guy screwed up just a bit? Anyway, let's see him run to it.

Ocala Mike
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Woodbine Race 4- My top 3 for what's it worth.

:6: - If she runs the race she ran 2 back she wins this. That being said she kind of has the look of a hanger. Nice workout July 11th. This might be the right field for her to get it done.

:1: . 2nd time out for Casse. Takes to the grass for the 1st time a 16% trainer move. Nice workout July 14th going 5F. Some things to like at 6-1.

:3: Long shot play here. Takes the blinkers off for Attfield who is currently on fire at 27% with that move. Bullet workout over the WO turf course going 5f in 59.1b. Bris figures improving each race...could surprise here.

KidCapper

Super! Hope you moved.

HoofedInTheChest
07-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Good call Kid. :ThmbUp:

KidCapper
07-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks! Got a little lucky with the 1A winning. Need that every once in a awhile.

Ocala Mike
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Nothing wrong with luck, the missing ingredient in my handicapping for sure. Anyway, although I'm not looking for any kudos for picking a 4th, the first two posts in this thread came up with a sizable superfecta for anyone tuned in (not me!). The :3: horse was obviously the one that "made" it. Nice work!