PDA

View Full Version : They are laughing at Obama......

JustRalph
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-on-jobs-obamas-fresh-out-of-ideas/2013/07/23/cc0fcd2c-f3d4-11e2-a2f1-a7acf9bd5d3a_story.html

Even Chuck Todd from ole reliable MSNBC was laughing about this "pivot" back to the economy.

These guys are flailing around like no other admin I can recall. Except maybe Carter. Now? Where have I heard that comparison before?

Milbank says:

Yes, but this also risks sending the signal that, just six months into his second term, Obama is fresh out of ideas. There’s little hope of getting Congress to act on major initiatives and little appetite in the White House to fight for bold new legislation that is likely to fail. And so the president, it seems, is going into reruns.

Clocker
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Chuck Todd called it a "deja pivot". Fox Business News last night reported that by their count, this was the 12th time in the Obama administration that the president was announced that he is going to focus on the economy.

But the classic line came from the White House. Senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer announced:
The President thinks Washington has largely taken its eye off the ball on the most important issue facing the country.
So now the president has taken his eye off the little white dimpled ball long enough to go give some speeches about his "vision" for the American economy. "Investing" in education and infrastructure no doubt.

By then it should be about time for the annual migration of the White House hoards to Martha's Vineyard.

Stillriledup
07-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Obama was in Ill today giving a speech and he said that if you have an idea that's better than what he's come up with, he is willing to listen.

Mike at A+
07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Obama was in Ill today giving a speech and he said that if you have an idea that's better than what he's come up with, he is willing to listen.
He is NOT "willing to listen".

Stillriledup
07-24-2013, 05:34 PM
He is NOT "willing to listen".

He's not?

Clocker
07-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Obama in Illinois today said, "This is the land of Lincoln! Lincoln was all about building stuff."

It's going to be tough to come up with a better idea than that.

Mike at A+
07-24-2013, 06:17 PM
He's not?
He needs to stop the divisive rhetoric and understand that he isn't king. Harry Reid too. I'd also like to see 0bama speak to a more non-partisan crowd that isn't hand picked and screened for allegiance.

Stillriledup
07-24-2013, 06:37 PM
He needs to stop the divisive rhetoric and understand that he isn't king. Harry Reid too. I'd also like to see 0bama speak to a more non-partisan crowd that isn't hand picked and screened for allegiance.

What good will it do if there are 'hecklers' in the audience? We want to hear what he has to say rather than listen to some Jag Off interrupting.

If you go to a music concert, would you want all fans of the artist there, or would you want some heckers and haters in the crowd ruining the experience for the fans?

fast4522
07-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Me thinks he is good to his family, but is a ignorant shit to the country. You can't please everyone, but I did enjoy reading of President Bush 41 shaving his head in Solidarity With 2-Year-Old Leukemia Patient.

woodtoo
07-24-2013, 06:55 PM
I think that was his grandson who passed away.RIP

fast4522
07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Was taken today at his Maine compound, alive.

http://news.yahoo.com/bush-41-shaves-head-solidarity-2-old-leukemia-215243580--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=A2KJ2PYqUPBRDksAlozQtDMD%20%20t arget=

tucker6
07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Was taken today at his Maine compound, alive.

http://news.yahoo.com/bush-41-shaves-head-solidarity-2-old-leukemia-215243580--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=A2KJ2PYqUPBRDksAlozQtDMD%20%20t arget=
can't be. Republicans have no heart...

:rolleyes:

Mike at A+
07-24-2013, 07:53 PM
What good will it do if there are 'hecklers' in the audience? We want to hear what he has to say rather than listen to some Jag Off interrupting.

If you go to a music concert, would you want all fans of the artist there, or would you want some heckers and haters in the crowd ruining the experience for the fans?
Maybe there would be some questions asked instead of robotic applause at flowery words that have no connection with reality.

NJ Stinks
07-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe there would be some questions asked instead of robotic applause at flowery words that have no connection with reality.

I can't argue with you here, Mike. I used to say the same thing when Bush was in charge.

Mike at A+
07-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I can't argue with you here, Mike. I used to say the same thing when Bush was in charge.
Ah but when Bush was in charge unemployment averaged in the 4's and 5's and only went up after the Democrats took the 2006 mid-terms. I don't recall Bush pissing away nearly as much taxpayer dollars or taking exclusive vacations with his family, his extended family and his 50 closest friends. And I certainly don't recall Bush pandering to actors, singers and basketball players to put a stamp of approval on his policies.

woodtoo
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes the Big 0 certainly hangs with a different crowd,and bigger crowd.

Tom
07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Me thinks he is good to his family, but is a ignorant shit to the country. You can't please everyone, but I did enjoy reading of President Bush 41 shaving his head in Solidarity With 2-Year-Old Leukemia Patient.

If HE had a son, he would like that!

CLASSY move by a former REAL president.

Tom
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes the Big 0 certainly hangs with a different crowd,and bigger crowd.

Is that an Oh or a Zero?