PDA

View Full Version : 50 day suspension for bad ride

nearco
07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Bit harsh on an apprentice jock in just his 5th ever ride... :eek: :eek:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1082503&category=0

Doran, who claims 7lb and was having just his fifth ride, made up a considerable amount of ground on 25-1 chance Massini's Trap in the closing stages of the opening 2m maiden hurdle to finish third, beaten two and a quarter lengths.

Doran, who had partnered Massini's Trap to finish seventh at the same course on his jumping debut 18 days earlier, when he lost an iron, admitted to stewards that he would probably have won had he judged it better.

The stewards' transcript read: “Evidence was heard from the rider concerned, who stated that his instructions were to jump off fifth or sixth on the rail, creeping into the race before ultimately doing his best. He added that the horse jumped adequately towards the rear before staying on very well in the straight.

“He concluded by accepting that he left the horse with too much to do, and had he ridden his mount more prominently he felt he would have won.”

Trainer James Nash also gave evidence, confirming the instructions he had given Doran but adding that he was disappointed with the ride.

Stillriledup
07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
As soon as i saw the title, i would have bet my entire paycheck (like Aaron Rodgers) that this wasnt in the USA.

As Gomer Pyle might have said "SUR PRISE, SUR PRISE SUR PRISE" i would have won my bet.