PDA

View Full Version : A fun question

jasperson
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I posed this question to my race track buddy. You died and went to hell for your misdeeds. As your punishment you have to play the races and your punishment level will be determined by your losses. Here is the kicker you can select only one factor from the past performance of the drf. No combining factors. If you chose speed then you only get the speed from one race for each horse. My buddy chose speed last race and I chose class. Because this is how we met some 20 years ago I was a speed handicapper and he was class and he asked me why I switched and I said it because now most people in hell would be betting speed and I thought class would give me better pay offs. What would you do?:D

thaskalos
07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I would throw the DRF away, and play strictly off the tote board...looking for inside information and betting coups.

If we can't fully trust these trainers here on earth...how are we supposed to trust them in hell?

JustRalph
07-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Great question....... :lol:

From DRF, I'd take odds last out? Or maybe finish position last out? Tough question........

If there were Bris pp's available, prime power?

cj
07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Trainer win percentage in last 30 days.

Binder
07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Fastest pace of race last race.

Bill

KidCapper
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
I'd roll the 6's in the pick 3's.....

Tom
07-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Trainer, highest number of positives last 6 months.

HuggingTheRail
07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
are we talking real Hell...or Hastings Park hell?

iceknight
07-23-2013, 11:54 PM
If we can't fully trust these trainers here on earth...how are we supposed to trust them in hell? I think the two trainers who would ship from heaven to hell regularly would be Motion and Clemente? Anyone else -Kiaran?

Whoa, by the way... why should any horses end up in hell? those poor souls, they don't do anything bad intentionally do they? Come to think of thask.. i think the races would still be on earth, you just get to play them using an ADW from hell and the pools may not be comingled with earth! :lol:

My angle would be bet only jockey percentage in that type of race.

rrpic6
07-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Does it really matter? I'm sure I'd lose every photo finish in Hell.....not just the 85% here.

RR

Capper Al
07-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I'd figure form from within the PP lines.

Longshot6977
07-24-2013, 10:38 AM
As your punishment you have to play the races and your punishment level will be determined by your losses.
Well, I don't think it would be punishment to have to play the races.

If there were Bris pp's available, prime power?

I also would use Prime Power if allowed, however, I believe it is not a single factor like the OP required. If allowed to select any races we wanted, I would use the fastest time to the half in 5F or 6F races. But trainer win % in last 30 days is another one I would want to use.:)

jasperson
07-24-2013, 10:46 AM
I think the two trainers who would ship from heaven to hell regularly would be Motion and Clemente? Anyone else -Kiaran?

Whoa, by the way... why should any horses end up in hell? those poor souls, they don't do anything bad intentionally do they? Come to think of thask.. i think the races would still be on earth, you just get to play them using an ADW from hell and the pools may not be comingled with earth! :lol:

My angle would be bet only jockey percentage in that type of race.

The horses are not in hell. They are in heaven and just you are in hell for betting on them.:lol:

barn32
07-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Fastest first quarter last race.

KidCapper
07-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I've been to Detroit Race Course in the 80's. I'm pretty sure I was in hell then....

Fingal
07-24-2013, 11:12 AM
If I'm stuck using only the DRF, then I am in Hell.

Tom
07-24-2013, 12:39 PM
I've been to Detroit Race Course in the 80's. I'm pretty sure I was in hell then....
I actually spend a week's vacation there before it closed.
I loved the place.

iceknight
07-24-2013, 12:43 PM
The horses are not in hell. They are in heaven and just you are in hell for betting on them.:lol: Oh, then we can finally have this race:

1. Man o War
2. Secretariat
3. War Admiral
4. Count Afleet
5. Ruffian
6. Dynaformer (are you sure he will be in heaven? :P)
7. Nijinsky
8. Ribot
9. Phar Lap
.. who else would you like in there?

You can separate Ribot, Nijinsky and other lawn greats into a separate turf race if you want

Hajck Hillstrom
07-25-2013, 12:24 AM
...you can select only one factor from the past performance of the drf. What would you do?

Joel Rosario on....

:cool:

Clocker
07-25-2013, 01:00 AM
The horses are not in hell. They are in heaven and just you are in hell for betting on them.:lol:

Hell is ADW on races in heaven without PPs. ;)

Clocker
07-25-2013, 01:26 AM

That was Purgatory. Hell was thoroughbreds at Hazel Park.

dkithore
07-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Does it really matter? I'm sure I'd lose every photo finish in Hell.....not just the 85% here.

RR

FUNNIEST LINE EVER ENCOUNTERED!

jasperson
07-25-2013, 05:40 AM
That was Purgatory. Hell was thoroughbreds at Hazel Park.
No hell was Jefferson Downs before it closed.

OverlayHunter
07-25-2013, 08:56 AM
At one point in my life I considered Beulah Park to be hell (but readily concede there could be worse tracks) - but then I walked into a New York City OTB. I could actually smell the sulphur. What a pit of despair.