PDA

View Full Version : Virginia GOP candidate Cuccinelli faces uphill battle

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Yet again, a Republican gubernatorial candidate faces a struggle to get elected due to his stance on "the smaller issues".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-22/virginia-republican-suffers-abortion-backlash-from-donors.html

Tom
07-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Nice to hear some people back up their beliefs with action.

horses4courses
11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 1m
In Va. with 91% of votes counted: McAuliffe (910,316) overtakes Cuccinelli (906,342). http://cnn.it/17KWv5A

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews now
Democrat Terry McAuliffe wins the Virginia governor's race over Republican Ken Cuccinelli, @NBCNews projects

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Hmmm...that Virginia race wasn't supposed to be close...Dems were supposed to walk away with that one, were they not?

This can't have hcap or mostpost feeling very well if true.

horses4courses
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Hmmm...that Virginia race wasn't supposed to be close...Dems were supposed to walk away with that one, were they not?

One word rallied the troops for Cuccinelli late in his campaign: Obamacare
It's currently the rallying cry for the GOP.

NJ Stinks
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Ever lay 11 to win 5 in a baseball game and win 2-1? If so, how did it feel?

horses4courses
11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/11/05/6-takeaways-from-election-night-2013/

* The path forward is clear for Republicans. They just have to convince their base: Christie’s win, contrasted with Cuccinelli’s loss, could hardly provide a starker contrast for the GOP and a clearer message about how it wins in the future. Exit polls showed Christie winning among women and running even with his Democratic opponent among Latinos. If Republicans could emulate that in other states, they would win just about all of them. Christie is a pragmatic conservative politician who won a massive victory in a blue state; Cuccinelli was a very conservative tea party-esque candidate who lost to an unheralded opponent in one of the nation’s premier swing states. Tea partiers often argue that Republicans can only win presidential races with a true conservative on the ballot. The problem for the broader GOP is the definition of a true conservative has become increasingly stringent. As Tuesday’s elections demonstrate, the GOP — at least in places like Virginia and New Jersey — would be much better served nominating a Chris Christie conservative than a Ken Cuccinelli or Ted Cruz conservative. Of course, this message has often fallen upon the GOP base’s deaf ears (think Sharron Angle, Ken Buck, Christine O’Donnell, Richard Mourdock, Todd Akin) and it likely will again.

mostpost
11-05-2013, 10:51 PM

Just keep on nominating Ken Cuccinellis and I will continue to feel just fine. Thank You.

Tom
11-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Pretty close, and it only the DC area that gave the dems the win.
That and MILLIONS of dollars and from the Clinton machine - it should have been a big win and it wasn't.

Oh, Stinky, congrats on your RED state! The times they are a chaingin'!

Robert Goren
11-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Pretty close, and it only the DC area that gave the dems the win.
That and MILLIONS of dollars and from the Clinton machine - it should have been a big win and it wasn't.

Oh, Stinky, congrats on your RED state! The times they are a chaingin'!Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades.

Tom
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM
This election is not the one that counts.
Close was because of ACA - it will only mover towards the RED as people get screwed over by it. Obama only campaigned at the last hour for the dem, and even then, they did not left him talk about ACA at all - radioactive issue that only favors RED.

NJ Stinks
11-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Oh, Stinky, congrats on your RED state! The times they are a chaingin'!

Yep. After Cory Booker won a U.S. Senate seat 3 weeks ago, New Jersey has not elected even one Republican to the U.S. Senate in 40 years.

RED state! :lol:

mostpost
11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Yep. After Cory Booker won a U.S. Senate seat 3 weeks ago, New Jersey has not elected even one Republican to the U.S. Senate in 40 years.

RED state! :lol:
Christie is an outlier in New Jersey. In addition to the two democratic senators, the state legislature is 60% Democratic. You actually need a few more :lol: :lol: :lol: in your post. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Trojan horse Libertarian candidate gives the win to a Clinton Crony. Crow all you want.......it means little

NJ Stinks
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Trojan horse Libertarian candidate gives the win to a Clinton Crony. Crow all you want.......it means little

Had Cuccinelli won tonight I wonder how little it would have meant to our right leaning friends here. ;)

JustRalph
11-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Had Cuccinelli won tonight I wonder how little it would have meant to our right leaning friends here. ;)

Stipulated.

But a Libertarian getting 6.5 % did make the difference. The polls showed the Dem up 15% three weeks ago. Maybe I should have been more specific. It means little to Dems who knew that the Libertarian pretty much sealed it for them.

For Repubs, it will be debated hotly. The polls will make for interesting discussion. Losing 13 pts in three weeks is a bellwether for Dems, a shallow victory for Repubs

Track Collector
11-06-2013, 01:48 AM
It is surprising that Cuccinelli fared as well as he did, given how much Virginia demographics have changed. Too much Washington inside the beltway sewage leaking in.

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2013, 01:51 AM

Does Vegas take action on this shit?

Can I get it on PPV?

Who does the merchandising and promotions for these scintillating events?

Wait... who and who?

:lol:

JustRalph
11-06-2013, 02:53 AM
There are people betting that Mcauliffe will be indicted before he gets sworn in. :lol:

Apparently two grand juries looking at his business dealings

Repubs take 67 of 100 delegates

Repubs win Attorney General too

NJ Stinks
11-06-2013, 03:11 AM

Repubs win Attorney General too

And don't forget, Ralph, the South won the first battle of Bull Run if I remember correctly. :eek:

Robert Goren
11-06-2013, 05:39 AM

Repubs win Attorney General tooThat shows how weak the top of the GOP ticket was.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Ever lay 11 to win 5 in a baseball game and win 2-1? If so, how did it feel?Or, you COULD look at it in such a way that the often-repeated notion that voters have rejected the "out of touch tea-party" is completely false and without serious merit...that's the message that should leave many of our more left-leaning friends feeling just a tad uncomfortable.

horses4courses
11-06-2013, 09:17 AM

It meant enough for you to post a thread "Virginia interesting",
which was quickly deleted when you realized that Cuccinelli's lead was vulnerable.

It's okay to admit it, Ralph.
You were getting ready to toot your horn.......

JustRalph
11-06-2013, 09:19 AM
It meant enough for you to post a thread "Virginia interesting",
which was quickly deleted when you realized that Cuccinelli's lead was vulnerable.

It's okay to admit it, Ralph.
You were getting ready to toot your horn.......

actually I couldn't get the graphic to fit right....it made the text way too small... and was searching for another when I got sidetracked doing something else with the wife. By the time I came back...... it was over. Darn..............

horses4courses
11-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Stee-rike one........

JustRalph
11-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Stee-rike one........

yep, that's me.........always afraid to start a thread...............

reckless
11-06-2013, 05:40 PM
The Libertarian Party candidate Sarvis (I called him Strauss yesterday in posts elsewhere; my bad) is a billionaire Obama campaign bundler. He won about 7 % of the vote running as a "conservative'. While what he did was far from illegal, it should have been brought up as a campaign issue by the media. Oh, silly me, I forget, the media is in bed with the Democrat Party.

Cuccinelli lost by about 3-4 or so percentage votes, after being behind by about 10 points a week or so before Election Day.

Democrat special interests groups such as Planned Parenthood, Bloomberg, La Razza and similar American-hating groups poured millions into McAuliffe's campaign. They also sent in the typical Democrat Party miscreants such as well-known sex offender Bill Clinton while the national GOP gave zero support to Cuccinelli. None, nada, zilch. Some GOP mayors in Va. even endorsed McAuliffe for reasons I can't fathom.

While I don't believe in 'moral' victories, if one looks at this objectively from top to bottom, Ken ran a great race and privately I bet the Dems know they dodged a bullet.

Thebart
11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
The candidate is not an Obama bundler. There was a PAC that donated to him that was run by a millionaire who previously supported Obama. The candidate himself was not a bundler.

Ocala Mike
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=reckless]

While I don't believe in 'moral' victories, if one looks at this objectively from top to bottom, Ken ran a great race and privately I bet the Dems know they dodged a bullet.{/QUOTE]

If the R's want to beat the D's in anything but local elections, they will have to use more and better ammunition than Ken C types. Easy bullet to dodge; a mainstream R wins the state house easy.

reckless
11-06-2013, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=reckless]

While I don't believe in 'moral' victories, if one looks at this objectively from top to bottom, Ken ran a great race and privately I bet the Dems know they dodged a bullet.{/QUOTE]

If the R's want to beat the D's in anything but local elections, they will have to use more and better ammunition than Ken C types. Easy bullet to dodge; a mainstream R wins the state house easy.

hi Mike:

Who was better suited to win the VA. governor's race or any national election than Ken Cuccinelli?

As VA. atty general he sued the administration to stop Obama Care and he won!! He was protecting all citizens of his state against Obama Care. I repeat, he fought and won! (Christie wouldn't attach NJ to this particular brief so we know from that alone that Christie is not a conservative and is against his own citizens' freedom.)

The Corporate cronyism that now pervades throughout the GOP wanted a pork-laden transportation bill that would have cost VA. taxpayers billions -- he fought against it.

Cuccinelli is an unapologetic right to life conservative. He believes life is a sacred blessing. I can't believe that many women seemed to have preferred McAuliffe who advocates women killing their own children.

RINO/two-bit phony Bob McDonnell wanted to push through a large income tax -- Ken C. fought against that too.

The GOP paid Ken back in spades by not supporting him with money in a race that he proved was winnable.

Ken Cuccinelli is a hero and it took being outspent over 2-1 by sleazoid McAuliffe and the Democrats, and total non-support by his own party and he still lost by under 3 % points.

Four years ago Cuccinelli won his job with 58 or so per cent of the vote. What really changed? He also did better in his race -- again with no support from the GOP -- than both McCain and Romney did with total GOP support.

NJ Stinks
11-06-2013, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Ocala Mike]

hi Mike:

Who was better suited to win the VA. governor's race or any national election than Ken Cuccinelli?

As VA. atty general he sued the administration to stop Obama Care and he won!! He was protecting all citizens of his state against Obama Care. I repeat, he fought and won! (Christie wouldn't attach NJ to this particular brief so we know from that alone that Christie is not a conservative and is against his own citizens' freedom.)

The Corporate cronyism that now pervades throughout the GOP wanted a pork-laden transportation bill that would have cost VA. taxpayers billions -- he fought against it.

Cuccinelli is an unapologetic right to life conservative. He believes life is a sacred blessing. I can't believe that many women seemed to have preferred McAuliffe who advocates women killing their own children.

RINO/two-bit phony Bob McDonnell wanted to push through a large income tax -- Ken C. fought against that too.

The GOP paid Ken back in spades by not supporting him with money in a race that he proved was winnable.

Ken Cuccinelli is a hero and it took being outspent over 2-1 by sleazoid McAuliffe and the Democrats, and total non-support by his own party and he still lost by under 3 % points.

Four years ago Cuccinelli won his job with 58 or so per cent of the vote. What really changed? He also did better in his race -- again with no support from the GOP -- than both McCain and Romney did with total GOP support.

Skipping all the wonderful attributes that you tell us Cuccinelli possesses, let me ask you a question. How is that this man of wondrous character could not get on the phone and concede to his opponent after the race was lost? Is this not the behavior of a small man?

Tom
11-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Skipping all the wonderful attributes that you tell us Cuccinelli possesses, let me ask you a question. How is that this man of wondrous character could not get on the phone and concede to his opponent after the race was lost? Is this not the behavior of a small man?

Another RED state heard from! :D
He could have done like Gore and concede, then un-concede, then sue, than drag it out......

reckless
11-07-2013, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=reckless]

Let's see now... you question Cuccinelli's behavior and man hood... compared to whom?

Democrat Bill Clinton, an impeached president, a rapist and serial sex offender? Or,

Democrat Terry McAuliffe, who as adviser to the above deviant, was the 'man' behind selling access to our sacred Lincoln Bed Room for campaign contributions and other money laundering activities? Or,

Democrat Al Gore Jr., who illegally sold public lands in this country to Oxydental Petroleum Corp., lands that was flooded with natural resources such as oil? Or,

Democrat Barney Frank, who allowed his street hustler gay paramour to use his fancy apartment -- paid for by US citizens' taxes, of course -- as a brothel? Or,

Democrat Jon Corzine of New Jersey, who robbed billions from his customers/clients and has only been able to avoid jail because of his long-standing political career and contacts? Or,

Democrat Jim McGreevey of New Jersey, who to the surprise of his wife and parents, outted himself as a 'gay American' just weeks before an alleged subpeona was headed his way due to his overt corruption and pay as you go policies. Did it seem to you that was just a little too convenient that the left wing NJ governor hid behind the sex card of a preferred Democrat Party demographic?

Stinks, I bet you voted and supported Clinton, Gore Jr., Corzine and McGreevey, didn't you?

I really could go on and on and on if you wish to compare the character of Ken Cuccinelli with your guys.

horses4courses
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=reckless] Democrat Bill Clinton, an impeached president, a rapist and serial sex offender? [QUOTE]

You really must be sick........ :ThmbDown:

Tom
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Let's leave it at impeached president, scumbag, pervert. :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
11-07-2013, 11:04 AM
When was he impeached?
I must have missed that......

The other two falsehoods are labels you guys use for anyone left of center.

Bill Clinton is a great American.... :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Let's see now... you question Cuccinelli's behavior and man hood... compared to whom?

I don't recall questioning Ken's manhood. I used the word small with #10 below in mind:

small
adj.andadv. -er,-est,

n. adj.
1. of limited size;not big; little: a small box.
2. slender or narrow:a small waist.
3. not large ascompared with others of the same kind: a small elephant.
4. (of an alphabeticalletter) lowercase.
5. not great inamount, extent, duration, etc.: a small salary.
6. of low numericalvalue.
7. carrying on someactivity on a limited scale: a small business.
8. of minor importance: a small problem.
9. humble or modest:small circumstances.

10. mean-spirited; petty: a small, miserly man.

Link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/small

mostpost
11-07-2013, 12:17 PM
When was he impeached?
I must have missed that......

The other two falsehoods are labels you guys use for anyone left of center.

Bill Clinton is a great American.... :ThmbUp:
He was impeached. He was not convicted. Contrary to what all of our friends on the right believe, he was not impeached for his alleged behavior with several women. He was impeached for lying to a grand jury.

Tom
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
He was impeached. He was not convicted. Contrary to what all of our friends on the right believe, he was not impeached for his alleged behavior with several women. He was impeached for lying to a grand jury.

Of course that was the reason - I know of no one on the right who has said otherwise.
It is always the left who try to tell that lie.
Had your boy told the truth, all would have been avoided, and maybe 9/11 could have been averted.

NJ Stinks
11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Of course that was the reason - I know of no one on the right who has said otherwise.
It is always the left who try to tell that lie.
Had your boy told the truth, all would have been avoided, and maybe 9/11 could have been averted.

As much as I don't want to get involved in this, I've got to say it. Why would a grand jury be concerned about Clinton getting or not getting laid? The stupidity/absurdity of the GOP to "get" Clinton for having sex with Monica was and is pathetic/sad/desperate/ridiculous. Oh yea, and small! :p

IMO, of course.

Tom
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
As much as I don't want to get involved in this, I've got to say it. Why would a grand jury be concerned about Clinton getting or not getting laid? The stupidity/absurdity of the GOP to "get" Clinton for having sex with Monica was and is pathetic/sad/desperate/ridiculous. Oh yea, and small! :p

IMO, of course.

It was not about the sex - it was about him lying under oath.
Had he told the truth, it would had died out.

But the reality of it is that he took advantage of his position of authority to seduce an intern, who was there to learn and not to satisfy a disgusting pervert who married a hag so ugle he did not want to bop her anymore.

What if it were YOUR daughter?
Would you give a crap, or just abort her and get another one?

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2013, 03:11 PM

:lol:

Classic Tom.

NJ Stinks
11-07-2013, 05:39 PM
It was not about the sex - it was about him lying under oath.
Had he told the truth, it would had died out.

But the reality of it is that he took advantage of his position of authority to seduce an intern, who was there to learn and not to satisfy a disgusting pervert who married a hag so ugle he did not want to bop her anymore.

What if it were YOUR daughter?

This probably won't get through but why did a grand jury ask him if he had sex with Monica in the first place? Monica had nothing to do with Whitewater. Whatever happened was between Clinton, his wife, and Monica.

How many people here think Bill had to take advantage of anything?

If it was my daughter, I would have felt like hell. After all, she was 22 and fooling around with a married man. Not exactly a father's dream come true.

reckless
11-07-2013, 05:55 PM

hi Mostpost:

Once again you have ass-backwards.

Clinton was impeached for suborning perjury--trying to use his position as President to FIX a court case. He also committed pergury, a felonious offense to the rest of the country but overly onerous when this illegal conduct was perpetrated by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

It is the Left Wing and their operatives in the Democrat Party that spun this sad, sordid situation into 'It's no big deal, it was just about sex.'

Conservatives never said he was impeached because he was a sexual predator. Presidents do not get impeached because he had a hum job every so often.

He was impeached because of his personal criminal conduct, as he should have been.

reckless
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=reckless] Democrat Bill Clinton, an impeached president, a rapist and serial sex offender? [QUOTE]

You really must be sick........ :ThmbDown:

Despite your very own admittance that you are probably clueless (you posted: 'I must have missed that'. Really? It was only in the papers and on TV for about a year or two.).

Let me ask you what did I write about Clinton that is 'sick'... or even false:

Was Clinton impeached... yes.

Is Clinton a rapist... yes. Ask Juanita Broderick.

Is he a serial sex offender... yes. Ask, Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey... and I am sure dozens if not hundreds more.

horses4courses
11-07-2013, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=horses4courses][QUOTE=reckless] Democrat Bill Clinton, an impeached president, a rapist and serial sex offender?

Despite your very own admittance that you are probably clueless (you posted: 'I must have missed that'. Really? It was only in the papers and on TV for about a year or two.).

Let me ask you what did I write about Clinton that is 'sick'... or even false:

Was Clinton impeached... yes.

Is Clinton a rapist... yes. Ask Juanita Broderick.

Is he a serial sex offender... yes. Ask, Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey... and I am sure dozens if not hundreds more.

the handle "reckless" fits the bill, alright

Impeachment, to me, includes removal from office - never happened.
Technically, yes, he was impeached.
For all intents and purposes, he was not. He served out his term as president.

As far as your rape allegations go....well, that's about as far as they go.
Prove them in court, then talk to me.

reckless
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=reckless][QUOTE=horses4courses]

the handle "reckless" fits the bill, alright

Impeachment, to me, includes removal from office - never happened.
Technically, yes, he was impeached.
For all intents and purposes, he was not. He served out his term as president.

Enough of this... I am getting tired of educating idiots like yourself...

Clinton was impeached ... removal from office or not is not the issue. Go to google or ask.com... or even wikipedia for a complete definition of impeachment per the laws governing the USA.

Actually there is ample evidence of Clinton raping Juanita Broderick, including her own testimony to police. The fact that the PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES and all his powers was able to squash all this is probably just a 'coincidence' I imagine.

Because you are in the dark and in denial does not mean what's been written did not occur. You could bow and love all the left wing deviants and gonifs you wish to. It doesn't change a thing.

horses4courses
11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=horses4courses][QUOTE=reckless]

Enough of this... I am getting tired of educating idiots like yourself...

Clinton was impeached ... removal from office or not is not the issue. Go to google or ask.com... or even wikipedia for a complete definition of impeachment per the laws governing the USA.

Actually there is ample evidence of Clinton raping Juanita Broderick, including her own testimony to police. The fact that the PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES and all his powers was able to squash all this is probably just a 'coincidence' I imagine.

Because you are in the dark and in denial does not mean what's been written did not occur. You could bow and love all the left wing deviants and gonifs you wish to. It doesn't change a thing.

Yet, the man commands more respect after his public service than any living conservative. Must make you feel terrible.

reckless
11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't recall questioning Ken's manhood. I used the word small with #10 below in mind:

small
adj.andadv. -er,-est,

n. adj.
1. of limited size;not big; little: a small box.
2. slender or narrow:a small waist.
3. not large ascompared with others of the same kind: a small elephant.
4. (of an alphabeticalletter) lowercase.
5. not great inamount, extent, duration, etc.: a small salary.
6. of low numericalvalue.
7. carrying on someactivity on a limited scale: a small business.
8. of minor importance: a small problem.
9. humble or modest:small circumstances.

10. mean-spirited; petty: a small, miserly man.

Link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/small

OK, Stinks, I missed this earlier in the evening...

Define and parse your description about Cuccinelli anyway you'd like, but I find it convenient that you wasted a lot of time while avoiding the real concerns brought by you.

I'll ask you these questions once more:

Stinks, I bet you voted and supported Clinton, Gore Jr., Corzine and McGreevey, didn't you? How do you condone their conduct?

And, I'll ask you this once more:

Do you really wish to compare the character of Ken Cuccinelli with your guys?

NJ Stinks
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=horses4courses][QUOTE=reckless]

Really? Ample evidence?

She didn't step forward for 21 years. What ample evidence are you referring to?

link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/broaddrick022599.htm

JustRalph
11-07-2013, 11:44 PM

Yet, the man commands more respect after his public service than any living conservative. Must make you feel terrible.

You're kidding right? They laugh behind his back, everywhere he goes. Including Dems.

Btw, did you miss this Gem from the paper of record "The NY Times" recently from a Sunday edition?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/opinion/sunday/dowd-money-money-money-money-money.html?_r=0

Respect? :lol: A disbarred lawyer carrying around the disgrace of being known in perpetuity as the National Poon Hound

The only thing worse is his door mat of a wife being propped up by a second class constituency of teat varmints with sparkly new Obamaphones.

FantasticDan
11-08-2013, 12:26 AM
The only thing worse is his door mat of a wife being propped up by a second class constituency of teat varmints with sparkly new Obamaphones.I know it's been pointed out here a dozen times, but as Mosty recently said, facts don't have a lot of luck penetrating the cement of con-brains around here, so let's go for a baker's dozen.. this is actually the deal with "Obamaphones":
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-09/politics/38405292_1_president-obama-obama-phone-lifeline

See? Did you read it and learn something?

Eh. The odds ain't good. :bang: :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM

Yet, the man commands more respect after his public service than any living conservative. Must make you feel terrible.Hey man...you win again...

What you've won, I can't figure out...but you act like you've won something, so congrats! :jump: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
11-08-2013, 01:27 AM
I know it's been pointed out here a dozen times, but as Mosty recently said, facts don't have a lot of luck penetrating the cement of con-brains around here, so let's go for a baker's dozen.. this is actually the deal with "Obamaphones":
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-09/politics/38405292_1_president-obama-obama-phone-lifeline

See? Did you read it and learn something?

Eh. The odds ain't good. :bang: :ThmbDown:

Granted.......but you gotta love the term "Obamaphone". :lol:

Oh, and btw, we are still paying the Al Gore tax on our phones.......you know. That temp tax that was for Internet in schools

NJ Stinks
11-08-2013, 03:00 AM
OK, Stinks, I missed this earlier in the evening...

Define and parse your description about Cuccinelli anyway you'd like, but I find it convenient that you wasted a lot of time while avoiding the real concerns brought by you.

I'll ask you these questions once more:

Stinks, I bet you voted and supported Clinton, Gore Jr., Corzine and McGreevey, didn't you? How do you condone their conduct?

And, I'll ask you this once more:

Do you really wish to compare the character of Ken Cuccinelli with your guys?

Real concerns? You lost me. :confused: This thread was about Cuccinelli in case you forgot. I simply pointed out classy Ken couldn't even pick up the phone after he lost. I don't remember saying another thing about the guy.

But to answer your question, I voted for all those Dems. Corzine and McGreevey turned out to be clunkers. Clinton is revered around the world except in some rather Mars-like circles inside this country. As for Al Gore, I just wish he won.

Tom
11-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Back to the Virginia election.
The repub was really a jerk with little credibility.
His idea about oral sex put him in the looney box of nuts.

But he almost pulled it off because of ACA.

THAT is the significance of it all.

Ocala Mike
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
But he almost pulled it off because of ACA.

Keep those "almosts" coming, Tom. Politics is not pitching horseshoes, it's usually winner take all. Right now, except in local elections in gerrymandered districts, Tea Party candidates have "warning track" power. To clear the fences, the R's need to come in out of the cold a la Christie.

Tom
11-08-2013, 10:48 AM
NO, they should not.
I would rather lose than have them sacrifice just to get elected.
If a repub wants to dome in from the cold, let him become a democrat.

I will not support RINOs, period.

At this point, I feel America deserves what she gets. If people want to support slugs like Obama and Christie, they deserve what happens to them. Don;t look to me for any sympathy. Suffer, jerks.

Ocala Mike
11-08-2013, 11:17 AM
I would rather lose than have them sacrifice just to get elected.
If a repub wants to dome in from the cold, let him become a democrat.

Charlie Crist did just that here in Florida. Has a good chance to beat CEO Scott for Gov. Your sentiments are shared by many, which plays right into the D's hands.

Goldwater died for your sins; he decried moderation in 1964, amd got buried.

Tom
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
I want candidates to focus on the three main points of conservatism.
Religion stuff is not for pols to meddle in.
If there is no God, it doesn't matter.
If there is a God, he will make sure the "heathens" are dealt with.

But God will NOT take care of our budget or our freedom or our defense.
THAT is why we need leaders, and the ONLY reason we need them.

JustRalph
11-09-2013, 01:02 AM

I tried to find this video when this post went up originally. Finally found it.

Flashback time. @@@@Language Warning@@@@

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GW56pXIIyTc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGW56pXIIyTc

One mans opinion.