PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones slams Piers Morgan

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 07:18 PM
How did I miss this clip? lol

gWQPZ-taYBs

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Is there a bigger nut case than Alex Jones? He believes that the government was involved in the OK city bombing and in 911.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Is there a bigger nut case than Alex Jones? He believes that the government was involved in the OK city bombing and in 911.Yes, but his facts on guns (which was the brunt of this interview) can't be disputed, can they?

Please dispute those facts, if you can.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Is there a bigger nut case than Alex Jones? He believes that the government was involved in the OK city bombing and in 911.And a lot of your fellow liberals felt Bush (and therefore the gov't) was involved in 911...or don't you recall that?

thaskalos
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
And a lot of your fellow liberals felt Bush (and therefore the gov't) was involved in 911...or don't you recall that?

A LOT?

I find that hard to believe...

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
A LOT?

I find that hard to believe...Hell, a lot of libertarians like Jones think so too...it's not just the far left...both ends of the political spectrum are rife with people who think 911 was a conspiracy...even I had some questions early on given the events that unfolded that day...

It's convenient to paint Jones as a nutjob to avoid the fact that he owned that debate, and not just by his level of excitement...he was armed with facts as well...facts Piers never once tried to counter, except by deflection.

Greyfox
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
It's convenient to paint Jones as a nutjob to avoid the fact that he owned that debate, and not just by his level of excitement...he was armed with facts as well...facts Piers never once tried to counter, except by deflection.

Jones was in an elevated agitated mood state.
I wouldn't call that a "debate" in any way, shape or form.
We don't know what facts Piers would have produced had there been any form of reasonable discussion.
It's never wise to argue with someone who's showing signs of irritation while being hypomanic.
I don't like or agree with Piers, but he kept his cool well while being bombarded with Jones rapid fire comments.

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
I've never liked Piers Morgan.
In that interview, though, you have to feel for the man.
You can't reason with lunatics.

So, do we learn anything from this "discussion"?
Sure, but we already knew that:

(A) There is no chance that Piers Morgan will ever be deported

and

(B) The 2nd amendment is safe and sound until we are all long gone from this planet.
In fact, the planet won't be around to see the end of it, either.

Zydeco
07-22-2013, 08:00 PM

"You Can't Argue With a Sick Mind" Joe Walsh 1976

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 08:07 PM
And a lot of your fellow liberals felt Bush (and therefore the gov't) was involved in 911...or don't you recall that?Only the people who thought that were nut jobs and they came from both side of the political spectrum. No sane person took them seriously. But it takes a real nut case to come with the government being involved in the OK city bombing. I don't give rat's ass about what his views are on guns. I don't play any attention to crazy people any more. I dealt with too many at work to give any credence to what they say about anything. They may or may not be right, it does not matter because they don't know what they are talking about. It is all in their mind. There is no way of knowing what they say is true or not. Morgan made a mistake having that nut on instead of a real pro gun advocate. Somebody didn't do their homework.

Stillriledup
07-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Is there a bigger nut case than Alex Jones? He believes that the government was involved in the OK city bombing and in 911.

WAIT, you mean the govt was NOT involved in 9.11?

Thanks for clearing that up!

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/government-lies/911-10yrs/intro.html

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 08:19 PM
WAIT, you mean the govt was NOT involved in 9.11?

Thanks for clearing that up!

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/government-lies/911-10yrs/intro.html

They left out that 9 year old Christina-Taylor Green who died in the Gabby Giffords shooting was born on 9/11/2001.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 08:29 PM
The short list

http://pl911truth.com/index.php/petition-and-members-list

thaskalos
07-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Yes, but his facts on guns (which was the brunt of this interview) can't be disputed, can they?

Please dispute those facts, if you can.

I never thought that any man could make Piers Morgan look good...but Alex Jones proved me wrong.

This man's show is broadcast across 160 stations?

What were his facts that you want me to dispute? I must have missed them.

The citizens need their guns to protect themselves from our own tyrannical government? Can you form an image of that in your mind?

America was born on "guns and whiskey"? :D

Piers Morgan is a "foreigner"...so he can't voice an opinion on whether or not American citizens should be able to walk into a store and buy a military assault rifle...without being deported?

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 08:52 PM
The short list

http://pl911truth.com/index.php/petition-and-members-list

Only 2 names have heard of; Mike Gravel and Jesse Ventura. Not exactly creditable former politicians. Throw in Charlie Sheen and Rosie O'Donnell for good measure and you have can of Planter's mixed nuts.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Jones was in an elevated agitated mood state.
I wouldn't call that a "debate" in any way, shape or form.
We don't know what facts Piers would have produced had there been any form of reasonable discussion.
It's never wise to argue with someone who's showing signs of irritation while being hypomanic.
I don't like or agree with Piers, but he kept his cool well while being bombarded with Jones rapid fire comments.Oy...Piers got just what he deserved, because no way Jones would have been allowed to get his point across if he would have just sat there and gone in whatever direction Piers wanted the discussion to go.

You are another case of "ignore the message" because it wasn't delivered in a manner in which you approve of...sometimes you have to get into people's faces to wake them up a bit...

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

So, do we learn anything from this "discussion"?
Sure, but we already knew that:

(A) There is no chance that Piers Morgan will ever be deported

and

(B) The 2nd amendment is safe and sound until we are all long gone from this planet.
In fact, the planet won't be around to see the end of it, either.Actually, the lunatic was the one sitting across from Jones.

Jones delivered the exact message people needed to hear, and they weren't going to hear it any other way, especially on that show.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Only the people who thought that were nut jobs and they came from both side of the political spectrum. No sane person took them seriously. But it takes a real nut case to come with the government being involved in the OK city bombing. I don't give rat's ass about what his views are on guns. I don't play any attention to crazy people any more. I dealt with too many at work to give any credence to what they say about anything. They may or may not be right, it does not matter because they don't know what they are talking about. It is all in their mind. There is no way of knowing what they say is true or not. Morgan made a mistake having that nut on instead of a real pro gun advocate. Somebody didn't do their homework.Why is he a nut job? I've been hearing about gov't conspiracies associated with both 9/11 AND OK since the events happened.

I don't think anyone who believes in those conspiracies should be labeled a nut job. Quite frankly, for a liberal, you sure have a closed mind.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:40 PM
I never thought that any man could make Piers Morgan look good...but Alex Jones proved me wrong.

This man's show is broadcast across 160 stations?

What were his facts that you want me to dispute? I must have missed them.

The citizens need their guns to protect themselves from our own tyrannical government? Can you form an image of that in your mind?

America was born on "guns and whiskey"? :D

Piers Morgan is a "foreigner"...so he can't voice an opinion on whether or not American citizens should be able to walk into a store and buy a military assault rifle...without being deported?Nope...you missed all the pertinent facts...try again...think about what Piers was saying and the facts that blew that out of the water that Jones brought forth in the beginning, and maybe we can get somewhere.

Or we can keep focusing on the fact that Jones' voice was elevated...because that's really important...

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Actually, the lunatic was the one sitting across from Jones.

Jones delivered the exact message people needed to hear, and they weren't going to hear it any other way, especially on that show.

Sure.
Lunatics routinely receive seven figure salaries from major news networks. :rolleyes:

Message? I didn't hear one.
All that guy (for want of a better term) does is beat his chest and try to encourage physical confrontation.
Like the bully in the schoolyard, or some thug in a bar on a Saturday night. Pathetic.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Here's the simple point. Jones blew up the myth (with facts), that this country needs any more gun control. You can call him whatever you want, but you can't dispute the facts he cited.

It's the same thing with this Zimmerman case and Sharpton and Jackson and the media making this into a white vs. black issue, as if black people have to walk around in fear now that Zimmerman wannabes are going to be gunning them down in their hoodies...not happening...won't happen...all the while ignoring the MASSIVE murder rate percentage when it comes to black killing other blacks...

Have fun...

Greyfox
You are another case of "ignore the message" because it wasn't delivered in a manner in which you approve of...sometimes you have to get into people's faces to wake them up a bit...

I heard Jones messages, loud and clear.
But to think that he won a debate is doubtful.
Certainly a debate on the issue that Piers was raising needs to be held.
That wasn't it.
Piers was very astute in not agitating a man in his mood condition further.

PaceAdvantage
Sure.
Lunatics routinely receive seven figure salaries from major news networks. :rolleyes:

Message? I didn't hear one.
All that guy (for want of a better term) does is beat his chest and try to encourage physical confrontation.
Like the bully in the schoolyard, or some thug in a bar on a Saturday night. Pathetic.No...what he did was shred the notion that this country wants or needs more gun control.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
I heard Jones messages, loud and clear.
But to think that he won a debate is doubtful.
Certainly a debate on the issue that Piers was raising needs to be held.
That wasn't it.
Piers was very astute in not agitating a man in his mood condition further.Oh yes Grey, because he was just gonna jump out of his chair and rip his head off, right? Gimme a break...

Why, I'm surprised CNN security didn't step in, aren't you? :lol:

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 09:46 PM
No...what he did was shred the notion that this country wants or needs more gun control.

All depends on your point of view.
The sad part about this is that gun control can't happen.
Way too late for that.

You can all relax.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:46 PM
BTW, I particularly enjoyed it when Jones started throwing the drug company sponsorship thing at Piers...I mean, this was solid gold material...

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 09:50 PM
All depends on your point of view.
The sad part about this is that gun control can't happen.
Way too late for that.

You can all relax.Yes, relax while the media goes and blows up the next unworthy incident into a national crisis.

Do you really think the Zimmerman case deserved all the attention it received?

I'm sure the next "mass" shooting will be all over the headlines for weeks.

Isolated incidents they can all latch onto to further their agenda, when in reality, these isolated incidents, while tragic, don't amount to anything.

Man has been killing man since the beginning of time. Lunatics have been going into schools and killing kids since the 1920s or earlier (Google Bath School Massacre).

It's all designed to sell advertising and further an agenda. The media doesn't care.

Greyfox
07-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Isolated incidents they can all latch onto to further their agenda, when in reality, these isolated incidents, while tragic, don't amount to anything.

Really?
Tell that to the loved ones who've lost children in massacres.
I pray to God that you are never in their shoes.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Really?
Tell that to the loved ones who've lost children in massacres.
I pray to God that you are never in their shoes.Oh shoot, you got me there...sorry I wasn't more specific and made sure to point out that of course the people directly involved and their families certainly care.

My mistake. Where would I be without you to point out the minutia that I miss in a post?

And I am willing to bet a substantial amount of money that you won't actually pray to God that I am never in their shoes...

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 10:25 PM
I am willing to bet a substantial amount of money that you won't actually pray to God that I am never in their shoes...

Now there's a bet you just cannot win.
All GF has to do is get down on his knees with a camcorder, and you're paying out.
I'm thinking he won't be sending you anything if he doesn't, either.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 10:26 PM
All GF has to do is get down on his knees with a camcorder, and you're paying out. I'm thinking he won't be sending you anything if he doesn't, either.It's all hypothetical, isn't it?

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 10:27 PM
It's all hypothetical, isn't it?

Ahh...okay.

Greyfox
07-22-2013, 10:28 PM
All GF has to do is get down on his knees with a camcorder, and you're paying out.
I'm thinking he won't be sending you anything if he doesn't, either.

I believe in God and I also believe it's not the type of bet that should ever be thought of, far less made.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Come on...you're really going to pray that Mike at PaceAdvantage doesn't end up knowing the tragedy some of these folks have witnessed recently?

That's kind of comical...but hey, we all need as many prayers as we can get, so if you really do do it, I thank you in advance.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Ahh...okay.What, you don't get it?

BTW, what would banning assault weapons do for us as a country? Make the points Piers supposedly didn't get to make because big bad crazy Alex was shouting him down...

Greyfox
07-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Come on...you're really going to pray that Mike at PaceAdvantage doesn't end up knowing the tragedy some of these folks have witnessed recently?

That's kind of comical...but hey, we all need as many prayers as we can get, so if you really do do it, I thank you in advance.

I never said that.
I'd pray that no one is ever again in those shoes.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I never said that.
I'd pray that no one is ever again in those shoes.Not to belabor this, but you did post "I pray to God that you are never in their shoes."

I took you literally. But, like I said to the other guy, it's all hypothetical...

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Only 2 names have heard of; Mike Gravel and Jesse Ventura. Not exactly creditable former politicians. Throw in Charlie Sheen and Rosie O'Donnell for good measure and you have can of Planter's mixed nuts.

I Just put the hash tag "#911truth" in twitter and got 2k hits.......they are out there

Tom
07-22-2013, 10:51 PM

America was born on "guns and whiskey"?

Why, yes, of course. that is exactly why we need guns.
And that is exactly how America was born.
Tax out whiskey and we will shoot you.
As it should be.

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Tom
07-22-2013, 10:52 PM
I Just put the hash tag "#911truth" in twitter and got 2k hits.......they are out there

And sounds like they just went there from HERE! :eek:

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 11:00 PM
What, you don't get it?

BTW, what would banning assault weapons do for us as a country? Make the points Piers supposedly didn't get to make because big bad crazy Alex was shouting him down...

Oh, I get it.
The hypothetical bet thing, at least.

Why stop at banning assault weapons?
True gun control would be banning the possession of firearms by anyone other than law enforcement and the military.

Won't ever happen, and banning assault weapons isn't likely either.
More's the pity.....

NJ Stinks
07-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Yes, relax while the media goes and blows up the next unworthy incident into a national crisis.

Do you really think the Zimmerman case deserved all the attention it received?

No case deserves all that coverage. But the whole idea of everybody walking around with a gun and then "standing their ground" - that stuff cannot get enough coverage IMO.

So I guess I'm happy about all the coverage while being sickened by the amount of coverage. (shrug)

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Oh, I get it.

True gun control would be banning the possession of firearms by anyone other than law enforcement and the military.

More's the pity.....

Damn that Constitution!!

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I Just put the hash tag "#911truth" in twitter and got 2k hits.......they are out there The best argument I have heard yet for owning a gun. There are at least 2,000 nuts and some of them have got to be dangerous.

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Damn that Constitution!!

Yeah.
Time to get back to polishing my musket.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh, I get it.

More's the pity.....They did that in England and lots of other places, as Alex pointed out, and the stats don't support a safer society...or was crazy Alex not spewing forth valid statistics?

TJDave
07-22-2013, 11:26 PM
what would banning assault weapons do for us as a country?

Practically speaking, assault weapons are banned.

horses4courses
07-22-2013, 11:34 PM
They did that in England and lots of other places, as Alex pointed out, and the stats don't support a safer society...or was crazy Alex not spewing forth valid statistics?

Piers Morgan put forward more stats than that other guy.
The one that comes to mind is 35 shooting murders in the UK compared to 11K+ in the US.
Bit of a difference, even allowing for geographical size comparison.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 11:45 PM
The one that comes to mind is 35 shooting murders in the UK compared to 11K+ in the US.
Bit of a difference, even allowing for geographical size comparison.Here's the reality:

H4PMdUOe0FU

Bottom line...the UK dwarfs the US in violent crime per 100,000 people. So what good did banning guns do? Are you saying if guns weren't banned in the the UK, there would be no more UK since everyone would be shooting each other dead? Imagine the violent crime rate if guns were legal in the UK? :eek:

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Bit of a difference, even allowing for geographical size comparison.

This is a terrible comparison. The UK doesn't have the same makeup demographically related to shooting deaths.

There s no black underclass that makes up 13% of the population. In short, the "hood" and the shootings that occur don't exist in England.

There is also no gang or cartel activity even close to the US.

Take out minority crime in the US and the numbers are drastically different. In fact, some studies show that if you exclude minority murders, the US murder rate woud be 94% less. It varies depending who you read, but the numbers are drastically less.

We can argue the reasons for that etc, but you can't compare a country with completely different demographics and no minority culture of violence, with the US. There is no other country comparable.

NJ Stinks
07-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Here's the reality:

H4PMdUOe0FU

Bottom line...the UK dwarfs the US in violent crime per 100,000 people. So what good did banning guns do? Are you saying if guns weren't banned in the the UK, there would be no more UK since everyone would be shooting each other dead? Imagine the violent crime rate if guns were legal in the UK? :eek:

That's not reality, it's BS. For a guy who considers himself to be sharp, I don't know how you could believe this garbage. Brits include - oh forget it. I'll just cut and paste:

According to the FBI, there are four crimes (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent-crime/violent-crime) classified as “violent” in crime statistics: murder/non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

The list does not include burglaries, which is considered a property crime in the U.S. but a violent crime in the U.K.

In addition to murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault and burglary, England and Wales classify domestic violence and all sexual offenses – not just forcible rape – as violent.

Link: http://rayrayallday.com/2013/01/11/the-difference-between-us-uk-violent-crime-rates-depends-on-definition-of-violent-crime/

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 01:04 AM
That's not reality, it's BS. For a guy who considers himself to be sharp,I challenge you to find one post on this board where I state I am sharp, or even imply it...

thaskalos
07-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I challenge you to find one post on this board where I state I am sharp, or even imply it...

Not only do you think that you are sharp...but you must also think that you are funny. :)

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Not only do you think that you are sharp...but you must also think that you are funny. :)I know I'm funny... :lol:

thaskalos
07-23-2013, 01:10 AM
I know I'm funny... :lol:

Tell the truth...

Have you found any liberals here with a sense of humor?

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Tell the truth...

Have you found any liberals here with a sense of humor?Let me sleep on that one and get back to you.

johnhannibalsmith
07-23-2013, 03:50 AM
46Z made me laugh every day. Several times a day. Several times a post.

barn32
07-23-2013, 06:31 AM
If anybody tries to take my assaulat rifle away from me I'll kill em. Afer all, that's why I have an assault rifle.

Greyfox
07-23-2013, 08:08 AM
We can argue the reasons for that etc, but you can't compare a country with completely different demographics and no minority culture of violence, with the US. There is no other country comparable.

That is absolutely true.

In my own travel experience though , I certainly felt "safer" in several British cities after dark than most American cities, Vegas being an exception.

horses4courses
07-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, there are social problems in the UK. Have been for centuries.
Are they better off for not having guns widely available? You bet.

Much of their violent crime in recent decades stemmed from soccer hooligans.
Video surveillance has done a lot to curtail the activities of thugs headed to their favorite team's matches on a Saturday. They have the type of street corner camera systems that many US people freak out over.
Video surveillance in Britain, though, has been successful in fighting crime.

Would I feel any safer in urban UK areas at night than in the US? Not really.
Every city throughout the world has areas to be avoided - especially after dark.

We all have choices in life.
If I ever felt that I needed a gun to protect myself and my family from others,
then I would move to a place where I felt safe enough to live without one.

elysiantraveller
07-23-2013, 01:56 PM
The simple point Jones made is that even gun ownership is at an all time high crime is at its lowest in decades. The FBI and DOJ concluded the AWB had zero impact on violent crime...

And yes, Jones is a whack job but he was correct here. Morgan is a hack...

Valuist
08-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Hilarious tweet by Piers Morgan today hoping that "on this 50th anniversary of MLK's speech, one day a black man will win the Masters."

I guess winning it four times doesn't count? :bang:

Tom
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Maybe he meant win one for the master? :eek:

FantasticDan
08-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Hilarious tweet by Piers Morgan today hoping that "on this 50th anniversary of MLK's speech, one day a black man will win the Masters." I guess winning it four times doesn't count? :bang:The Golf Channel did this:

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/222475/tv-channel-asks-followers-to-honor-mlk-by-tweeting-about-golf/

And Morgan responded with tweeting 'A black man will win Masters at Augusta' from the perspective of 1963, when MLK's speech was given. Y'know, when blacks weren't allowed @Augusta.

Unfortunately, quite a few people didn't "get it". :bang:

Valuist
08-28-2013, 04:27 PM
The Golf Channel did this:

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/222475/tv-channel-asks-followers-to-honor-mlk-by-tweeting-about-golf/

And Morgan responded with tweeting 'A black man will win Masters at Augusta' from the perspective of 1963, when MLK's speech was given. Y'know, when blacks weren't allowed @Augusta.

Unfortunately, quite a few people didn't "get it". :bang:

You're assuming Morgan has ANY perspective at all. That's a pretty big leap of faith.