PDA

View Full Version : Personal Log Question

Segwin
07-22-2013, 07:12 AM
For those that keep a log or personal notes what information do you log (and a small explanation of how it helps you would be great)?

Thanks.

lamboguy
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
i like to take notes on who a horse runs with during a race if he is covered up or fighting for the lead. i also watch to see if the horse was stuck in between horses most of his trip. i don't pay that much attention to a horse breaking bad or checking through the race, or getting blocked. horses that do those things tend to do them over and over again. for sure once in a while they pop and win, but for the most part they don't and need easier company, they all get over bet.

i also try to make notes on the bias of the track. just normal things like running with or against the bias.

pondman
07-22-2013, 12:03 PM
This time of year I'm watching 2yr olds, especially the fillies. I'm looking for those I believe have what it takes going into the Breeder Cup. I'm looking to see where on the track they are running, are they being taught the rail. or is this just fast lane running. Generally 2yr old fillies run back to their performance through November. It's the only time I consider the performance of a horse.

Capper Al
07-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I log everything or nothing. My spreedsheets pulls the winner's profile- speed, class, days since last raced, etc. etc. etc.

DeltaLover
07-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Keeping records is of paramount importance if you want to succeed as a horse bettor. Betting using my NYRA account makes it is easy to keep a log of all my bets in a simple open office document.

I also keep a racing diary, going many years back (since the years of Cigar) where I am writing about races presenting some interesting handicapping points. A few times per year I use to reread almost all my notes and see how my approaches and overall understanding of the game has changed threw the years...

raybo
07-22-2013, 02:45 PM
For those that keep a log or personal notes what information do you log (and a small explanation of how it helps you would be great)?

Thanks.

Cincy should reply to this thread. I have seen his log and it is amazing stuff!

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 01:46 AM
I have seen his log and it is amazing stuff!Ain't gonna touch this one...heheh...even that was funny... :lol:

Where's Beavis and Butthead when you need them?

Capper Al
07-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Cincy should reply to this thread. I have seen his log and it is amazing stuff!

It is an amazing log.

speed
07-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Ain't gonna touch this one...heheh...even that was funny... :lol:

Where's Beavis and Butthead when you need them?
Even i left that hanging curve ball alone. Beavis and Butthead laughs would have been superb.

Longshot6977
07-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Beavis and Butthead laughs would have been superb.:D

Capper Al
07-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Even i left that hanging curve ball alone. Beavis and Butthead laughs would have been superb.

I reread it. Oops! It's funny.

raybo
07-24-2013, 02:23 PM
I guess, having your mind in the gutter is more important than actually contributing to this thread? If I had used the word "journal" instead of "log", even though that was the word that the OP used, you guys would have lost your chance to show your immaturity. I enjoy a good joke as much as anyone, but come on guys, you can do better than this.

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2013, 09:04 AM
I guess, having your mind in the gutter is more important than actually contributing to this thread? If I had used the word "journal" instead of "log", even though that was the word that the OP used, you guys would have lost your chance to show your immaturity. I enjoy a good joke as much as anyone, but come on guys, you can do better than this.Yes dad. Sorry dad....

speed
07-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Yes dad. Sorry dad....
How can he be you're Dad, he's my Dad. Were not brothers, are we?

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
I guess, having your mind in the gutter is more important than actually contributing to this thread? If I had used the word "journal" instead of "log", even though that was the word that the OP used, you guys would have lost your chance to show your immaturity. I enjoy a good joke as much as anyone, but come on guys, you can do better than this.
"Lighten up, Francis"

-Sgt Hulka

raybo
07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Weak guys.