PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood type on Trayvon Martin

JustRalph
07-19-2013, 07:46 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/romany-malco/a-message-to-trayvon-mart_b_3612231.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

He's an actor, who apparently thinks for himself. A true rarity......

johnhannibalsmith
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Give this guy Revrum Al's job and maybe we'd get somewhere.

jballscalls
07-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Charles Barkley just set off twitter by saying he agreed with the verdict. He put forth his opinion based on the trial facts, and now he's trending on twitter with tons of people saying "he just set black people back 50 years"

The reaction to this case has been so upsetting, but predictable. I think Sir Charles will gain more fans from this than he will lose though, as he should. We need more people who are honest and not as emotionally reactive and over the top.

Dave Schwartz
07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
We need more people who are honest and not as emotionally reactive and over the top.

:ThmbUp:

Just like we need people who are Americans before they are dems or repubs, Americans before they are white, black or some other shade, Americans before they are anything else.

As long as the answer to every issue is agenda-based (i.e. perceived as a left-right, etc. issue) first, we will remain polarized and paralyzed.

fast4522
07-19-2013, 08:14 PM
"he just set black people back 50 years"

Do the metrics, blacks unaffected by the comment.

jballscalls
07-19-2013, 08:15 PM
:ThmbUp:

Just like we need people who are Americans before they are dems or repubs, Americans before they are white, black or some other shade, Americans before they are anything else.

As long as the answer to every issue is agenda-based (i.e. perceived as a left-right, etc. issue) first, we will remain polarized and paralyzed.

I agree.

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 08:17 PM
What's 'setting them back' is the idea that somehow, if you lock up Zimmerman and prosecute him, the problems go away. This "chase Zim to the ends of the earth" stuff is just delaying the fixing of the REAL problems. Wasting time talking all things Zim does nothing to advance the black community one iota yet their 'spokesman' Sharpton keeps wasting time instead of discussing the real issues.

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Sir Charles on Zim/Trayvon:

shODnGQJ6FU

I wish all people were as rational as Sir Charles. BTW, is it just me, or is he looking younger these days?

jballscalls
07-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Sir Charles on Zim/Trayvon:

shODnGQJ6FU

I wish all people were as rational as Sir Charles. BTW, is it just me, or is he looking younger these days?

He's a spokesman for nutrisystem or one of those, I think he lost some Lb's, always helps! Always been a fan of Sir Charles

TJDave
07-22-2013, 12:21 AM
"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

Charles Barkley

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 01:41 AM
"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

Charles BarkleyIs this one of those "Would you do THIS if they paid you THIS?" kind of game?

I don't see your point. I see Charles' point, but I don't see yours...

TJDave
07-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Is this one of those "Would you do THIS if they paid you THIS?" kind of game?

No. Just that Barkley made fame and fortune because he possesed athletic skills, not social ones. I think he's an entertaining, funny guy. Role model...not so much. He even made a point of saying so, right?

I also thought the quote was funny.

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Role model? How does that even enter the discussion here? He's in the role of commentator in that clip...nothing more...

TJDave
07-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Role model? How does that even enter the discussion here? He's in the role of commentator in that clip...nothing more...

Why was he asked to comment on it? Does he have some particular expertise?

Why wouldn't they ask Lebron...doesn't he live down there?

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Why was he asked to comment on it? Does he have some particular expertise?

Why wouldn't they ask Lebron...doesn't he live down there?My guess is he either asked to be asked, or they asked him if it would be ok to ask...I doubt that question came out of the blue.

I have no idea why they didn't ask Lebron...maybe "they" have...