PDA

View Full Version : New Cameras at Saratoga?

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Just watched Race 3 and it seemed like the camera was high up there, and not that low angle we're used to. I like this new look, i like the higher up there perspective, this seems to be a new vantage point this season?

ronsmac
07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Just watched Race 3 and it seemed like the camera was high up there, and not that low angle we're used to. I like this new look, i like the higher up there perspective, this seems to be a new vantage point this season?
I hope you're right, I've complained about the old camera angle for a few years now. now I can't wait to get home and watch the replays.

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Im watching on TVG, it seems like the camera is "higher up", lets hope its not just an optical illusion and my eyes are playing tricks on me!

jballscalls
07-19-2013, 06:18 PM
it's a new camera angle. took a second to get used to, cause I think we're all used to the old 20 feet high angle. But I think it's an improvement in terms of watching a race and to be able to see how much a horse is gaining or not gaining in the stretch.

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Saratoga in 30 on MSG+ NOT in HD?

No HD Camera at the Spa?

ronsmac
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Does it also appear the camera's are a little further back than in past yrs. also? Or maybe they're panning a little wider as well as being a little higher. I can't say for sure.

jballscalls
07-20-2013, 05:48 PM
seems like today it's back to the old low pan shot.

ronsmac
07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I can't tell for sure, I think I'm just seeing things.

Stillriledup
07-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Much better video quality today, im watching replays on the internet and its night and day from what was broadcast yesterday. Even the Saratoga in 30 tv show appears to be in HD, it wasnt yesterday.

wiffleball whizz
07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
All I know is that race that was a dead heat yesterday the camera was high up and at a angle.....I thought the outside horse nailed him cold and he didn't....