PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter!

so.cal.fan
07-18-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.infowars.com/former-president-and-commander-in-chief-america-is-no-longer-a-democracy/

plainolebill
07-20-2013, 12:50 AM
I have to agree with him.

Dahoss2002
07-20-2013, 02:54 AM
I did not always agree with his policies, and have always voted republican thus far, but I think Jimmy Carter had to be the most honest PREZ we had in a hundred years or ever for that matter! Tellem Jimmy!

Robert Goren
07-20-2013, 08:44 AM
He is probably the only democratic president than ran twice and I didn't vote for either time. He was a lousy president and has continued to make a fool out of himself since he left office. This story is no exception. Even though I didn't vote for him as a liberal he is constantly thrown in my face as the worst president we have had in my lifetime. If the conservatives want to embrace him because of this story, he is all yours. Enjoy your Billy Beer!

fast4522
07-20-2013, 09:38 AM
In fairness to President Carter one might want to be somewhat like Paul Harvey and tell the rest of the story. He is a man who has always believed in making a difference, together with his wife who has been his soul mate and team player. They are honest and decent people, this no one can question. Having said that it is sad that the world does not work that way, nor does Washington DC. In a global way when someone such as a President pushes a button in someplace, another pops out like it or not someplace else. The buttons President Carter was pushing upset the apple cart even for the the democrat party big time, enough so that Senator Kennedy made a strong challenge for the nomination of his party to deprive him re-election. This is something Carter talks of even to this day because he thought another term would have set some things right. On the issue of the NSA spying, our government has been pulling things out of the air ever since we dropped the bombs on Japan. Set that date as a baseline in WW2 and go from there with the word exponential and its meaning when used in the context with all national security means. Again I will say that Washington DC does not work or function as President Carter does and never will. All of the underground living bunkers have been sold to huge military/security contractors but that is only what was sold off that is underground. The Executive branch of government is forever trying to amass more power as we view things as little people, but even The President of The United States is limited by what is underground, The President knows of its existence and is available to him as a resource to a point. to talk of it or misuse it is like touching the sharp end of the spear. Those who dare to play with the wrong end may as well put their head between their legs and you know the rest.

Marshall Bennett
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
His handling of the Iranian crisis was disastrous. He completely turned his back on the Shah and allowed our closest and wealthiest ally to vaporize. He simply wasn't tuned to reason on many fronts. I don't blame liberals either, he became president solely because Ford pardoned Nixon, an established liar and crook.

jerry-g
07-20-2013, 02:42 PM
I really liked Jimmy Carter. His brother Billy started making "Billy Beer"
which wasn't too bad either. I still have the Sunday paper with the
headlines reading he won the Presidency. I haven't opened it but may
do so soon just to see what prices were back then.
"Tricky Dick" gave us our first false positive gas shortage crises. Cars
lined up for two blocks as people panicked needing gas to get to work
and they could only buy two or three gallons. I had an apartment just
two blocks from a Standard Oil Refinery so I walked down to the
cyclone fence and noticed they were building a whole bunch new
holding tanks. I shouted at them why were they building more holding
tanks if there was a shortage of gas. They laughed so long and hard
that I just slowly turned and walked away.
I was staying at an Embassy Suites in Orlando and ran on to a man at
the bar and we started talking. He had a huge paper bag full of shell
peanuts. He shared some with me and then told me he was driving
through Georgia and decided to pull over and take a walk. Then along
came a guy pedaling a bicycle with a huge wire basket on front. He said
it turned out it was Jimmy Carter our President. He gave him this huge
bag of peanuts. Well, I swallowed it because it just seemed to fit Carter
to do something like that. Then the guy told me he just made the
story up. Still, I said to myself, where did he get that big bag of peanuts.

Tom
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Billy was the only Carter who knew his role.

TJDave
07-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Billy was the only Carter who knew his role.

A huckster.

Good at it, too!

Convinced me to buy a six-pack of beer and store it in my garage for 20 years.

Tom
07-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Good tag team - one brother comes out with a new beer, the other one makes sure that was all we could afford to buy! :lol:

I thought there was distinct peanut taste to that beer.
I liked it.

But, back then, I would wring out bar rags for a shot.

TJDave
07-20-2013, 05:27 PM
I thought there was distinct peanut taste to that beer.
I liked it.

Billy said the taste was the reason he quit drinking.

Robert Goren
07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Jimmy Carter has 5 family members die from Pancreatic Cancer, both parents, two sisters and brother Billy. I have told this is unheard of.

so.cal.fan
07-20-2013, 07:02 PM
I didn't know that Robert! That is very strange. I wonder if their peanuts were GMO's? :eek:

Tom
07-20-2013, 07:10 PM
RBOxw6vbDyo

BlueShoe
07-21-2013, 10:26 AM
He is probably the only democratic president than ran twice and I didn't vote for either time. He was a lousy president and has continued to make a fool out of himself since he left office.
You didn't vote for the Peanut Farmer? :eek: In 76 that left Gerald Ford, or 3rd party Eugene McCarthy. My guess is Mac. In 80 you voted for Ronnie? Nope, my guess is John Anderson, some anti Carter Dems went that way. Do agree with you about Carter being lousy, rate him the 3rd worst president during my lifetime, behind only Obama and FDR.

Robert Goren
07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
You didn't vote for the Peanut Farmer? :eek: In 76 that left Gerald Ford, or 3rd party Eugene McCarthy. My guess is Mac. In 80 you voted for Ronnie? Nope, my guess is John Anderson, some anti Carter Dems went that way. Do agree with you about Carter being lousy, rate him the 3rd worst president during my lifetime, behind only Obama and FDR. I actually voted Reagan in 1980, but not in 1984. I think I voted for McCarthy in 1976, but I am not sure. I was big supporter of Clean Gene in 1968. I never liked Carter. He seemed to me like he was not up to the job. I am sure I didn't vote for him. Unlike you, I don't always vote the issues. Sometime the man is more important. Some people are leaders and some people are not. In 2000, I was set to vote Gore until the debates. I didn't like what saw in either one, so I voted for Nader as a protest vote. I am sure Gore would have been as bad as GWB. Both lacked leadership qualities. We will never know for sure about Gore, But it certainly showed up in GWB. I don't think there was no good choice there. By the way I voted for Bush 41 in 1988 and don't regret it even though I voted for Clinton in 1992. That was an issues choice because both men appeared to be fine leaders. Clinton prove me right about his leadership ability although he fell a little short on some the issues.

Tom
07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Yes, Billy was a real leader...led a lot of young girls astray!
Some presidents had a chicken in every pot, Billy had candy in every car!

Billy had am El Camino and filled the back end with dirt.
Then he planted Flowers.

ba dum!

jerry-g
07-21-2013, 12:22 PM
As it turns out, Al didn't need your vote anyway. He went on to make
millions with his greenhouse companies with his touting global warming
as if we were all going to disappear if we did not do something. After
awhile he stopped talking about it and just counted his moo-la. I liken
those green companies like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval
from years gone by. At first, you were assured of a quality product
if it had that seal on it. Then one day, I walked into a store and about
every product had the seal on it. As it turns out, they were making
millions selling the seal to companies. All you had to do to get the seal
was come up with some of that dough-boy.

thaskalos
07-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Jimmy Carter should have realized that an honest man could never be a good president.

The people can't handle the truth; we need to be lied to...

jerry-g
07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Jimmy Carter should have realized that an honest man could never be a good president.

The people can't handle the truth; we need to be lied to...

Well said! I wish everyone in the administration would have to be
fitted with ankle bracelets that when ever the Pres tells a lie, all the
people would have to do is press a key on their computers to send
a shock wave out to them. Of course it would depend on how many
people dislike being lied to but it could mean they may only be in
office a "short" time.

Robert Goren
07-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes, Billy was a real leader...led a lot of young girls astray!
Some presidents had a chicken in every pot, Billy had candy in every car!

Billy had am El Camino and filled the back end with dirt.
Then he planted Flowers.

ba dum!But he could fill that truck with 95 cent gasoline. ba dum!

Tom
07-21-2013, 03:13 PM
And Bush could have for, what $1.45?
How much under the Great Pretender?

ba dum