PDA

View Full Version : At the Post Live - Saratoga Radio Show

the little guy
07-18-2013, 01:17 PM
For the 2nd year in a row, we will be broadcasting live from downtown Saratoga, this year from the Parting Glass on Lake Avenue, from 9 to 10pm on Thursday nights. The show will be live on ESPN 104.5 in Albany. You can also access it from their website http://1045theteam.com/ or please stop by if you're in town.

We are starting off the year tonight with Dale Romans, Tom Durkin, and Rajiv Maragh. CJ will be my guest in two weeks.

Stillriledup
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Stay hydrated and have a great meet, good luck at the windows!

kingfin66
07-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Good luck to you. I hope you have a great meet.

horses4courses
07-18-2013, 08:50 PM
You do good work, sir :ThmbUp:

OCF
07-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Just finished listening to the show, enjoyed it! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

nijinski
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Great line up of guests .
Very good of you to take the time you did on Ramon's retirement , both you
and Rajiv :ThmbUp: . Ramon will be missed !
Good for Romans for sticking up proudly for the game despite the NY Times !!!
Well done !

jefftune
07-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Nice! I will be up there next week. Best of luck Andy!

-Jeff Tune
www.angelfire.com/pa/tune

wiffleball whizz
07-19-2013, 12:45 AM
TLG is the master......I remember the 2 years I went to the spa the Foxwoods workers I stayed with rode TLGs coattails right to a free vactation 2 years in a row......not sure if TLG knows being he is always at the big tracks how much the small $5,$10 players rely on him and his picks....just want you to know 5 people paid for there 7 days Saratoga trip solely on your picks.....2 years in a row!!!!!!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

the little guy
07-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I thought we got off to a terrific start. Got an excellent turnout, especially considering the meet hasn't even started yet. The guests we really great. Durkin is always entertaining, and Dale is as good as it gets. Rajiv is also one of my favorite guys at the track.

I'll post next week's guests when they have been confirmed.

fiveouttasix
07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
sorry to say I missed the show last night...is it archived, anyone have the link?-Thanks

the little guy
07-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Tonight's guests are Joel Rosario, John Shirreffs, and Jay Privman. Also, Doug Salvatore will close the show for TimeformUS, which will have a weekly handicapping feature.

Zydeco
07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Tonight's guests are Joel Rosario, John Shirreffs, and Jay Privman. Also, Doug Salvatore will close the show for TimeformUS, which will have a weekly handicapping feature.
I think the TimeformUS weekly feature is a good thing.

the little guy
07-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I think the TimeformUS weekly feature is a good thing.

Except when CJ is on.

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Doug Salvatore (in my opinion) is one of the sharpest handicappers I've ever encountered on the net.
I read everything he writes, and respect his opinion greatly.

cj
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Except when CJ is on.

Thank goodness it is radio and not TV. I got an awful haircut on Tuesday.

FantasticDan
07-25-2013, 06:09 PM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/bombbiggidyphil/seinfeld20haircut.jpg

Zydeco
07-25-2013, 06:11 PM

What? The bowl didn't sit on your head correctly? Pease post when CJ is going to be on the show. Keep up the good work Andy.

Zydeco
07-25-2013, 06:13 PM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/bombbiggidyphil/seinfeld20haircut.jpg
That was quick!

cj
07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
What? The bowl didn't sit on your head correctly? Pease post when CJ is going to be on the show. Keep up the good work Andy.

Next week, August 1.

The place here stores how they cut your hair in a database believe it or not. I've never had a problem. But Tuesday, the computer was down. I smelled trouble, but I told them what I always do....long story short, most of my hair is now gone. At my age, who the hell knows if it will grow back!

the little guy
07-25-2013, 06:30 PM

Capital OTB is taping the show. You will be on TV.

cj
07-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Capital OTB is taping the show. You will be on TV.

I'll make it work.

nijinski
07-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Next week, August 1.

The place here stores how they cut your hair in a database believe it or not. I've never had a problem. But Tuesday, the computer was down. I smelled trouble, but I told them what I always do....long story short, most of my hair is now gone. At my age, who the hell knows if it will grow back!
Uh oh , they usually store the color formula . If they have to store the
cut technique , you need to run !
Good luck on the air!

Zydeco
07-25-2013, 06:58 PM
I'll make it work.

Wear the new TimeformUS hat! :lol:

cj
07-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Wear the new TimeformUS hat! :lol:

That's a great idea.

stuball
07-25-2013, 08:07 PM
I just signed on to Timeformus for the month how do I get my hat? LOL
Great work so far...I enjoyed using it today....paid for the month...

Stuball :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Who is the Board Op at this ESPN 104.5 The Team?
That guy needs a refresher course - missing half the show

Tom
07-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Lost it all at 21:51.
Now I have Giants game on!

Do they archive the shows?

btw, I think NBC should reconsider Jimmy Fallon....TLG is obviously the choice for the Tonight Show. ;)

letswastemoney
07-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Who is the Board Op at this ESPN 104.5 The Team?
That guy needs a refresher course - missing half the show
I agree with this. Lots of dead air.

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
...and I am sorry, but that was disgrace.
Plain and simple.
I was looking forward to hearing Doug Salvatore from TimeformUS but barely heard anything as we had a few mins of dead air coming out of every break...and that was followed by another break. :bang:

wiffleball whizz
07-25-2013, 11:42 PM
I just signed on to Timeformus for the month how do I get my hat? LOL
Great work so far...I enjoyed using it today....paid for the month...

Stuball :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Yes I agree......as a steady subscriber I want some timeformus apparel.....send all apparel and other goodies to Severn md after aug 1......

Thank you in advance :lol: :lol: :lol:

BombsAway Bob
07-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Lost it all at 21:51.
Now I have Giants game on!

Do they archive the shows?

btw, I think NBC should reconsider Jimmy Fallon....TLG is obviously the choice for the Tonight Show. ;)

i think the ESPN guy in the studio
responsible for the commercial cut-in breaks
was an "ANTI-HANDICAPPi"...

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Maybe Doug can start posting here again...both of his user names are still active, lest anyone mistakenly thinks I banned him... :lol:

Stillriledup
07-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Maybe Doug can start posting here again...both of his user names are still active, lest anyone mistakenly thinks I banned him... :lol:

Where's Dan G from Florida? He was a good poster, i enjoyed reading him.

Tom
07-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Florida.

cj
07-26-2013, 08:27 AM

I'll see what I can do, I might know a guy.

the little guy
07-26-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear there were problems with the link. I will ask them about it.

I hope people got a chance to hear John Shirreffs. He was really great.

PhantomOnTour
07-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear there were problems with the link. I will ask them about it.

I hope people got a chance to hear John Shirreffs. He was really great.
We didn't get to hear much of anything.
I heard a little of Privman ( I think I recognize his voice) talking about the Racing Times
I heard a little of Rosario
I think I heard some Shireffs and Salvatore, but i'm not sure because I don't recognize their voices....and we missed the intro of every guest because of the, let's say, "extended" breaks...the spots would end and then dead air for minutes at a time. When we finally got the feed back it was break time again!
It was really kind of funny, like a sick prank, unless ofcourse one actually wanted to hear the show. :faint:

thespaah
07-27-2013, 05:36 PM
I'll see what I can do, I might know a guy.
Terry Benedict in "Oceans 11".....: "you know a guy"

the little guy
07-28-2013, 10:22 AM
We didn't get to hear much of anything.
I heard a little of Privman ( I think I recognize his voice) talking about the Racing Times
I heard a little of Rosario
I think I heard some Shireffs and Salvatore, but i'm not sure because I don't recognize their voices....and we missed the intro of every guest because of the, let's say, "extended" breaks...the spots would end and then dead air for minutes at a time. When we finally got the feed back it was break time again!
It was really kind of funny, like a sick prank, unless ofcourse one actually wanted to hear the show. :faint:

I expect these problems to be fixed for this week, and apologize to everyone that tried to listen, and hope you give us another try.

Tom
07-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Not a problem - stuff happens with remotes.
Looking forward to this week.

PhantomOnTour
07-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Will Doug be back on this week?
That's the man I wanted to hear...I doubt this station has these shows archived
:)

Grits
07-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Good luck, Andy. I don't do twitter, still, I have your page bookmarked on every device I own. LOL I need to be able to see what you're noting during the races. ;)

the little guy
07-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Will Doug be back on this week?
That's the man I wanted to hear...I doubt this station has these shows archived
:)

You are stuck with CJ this week.

the little guy
08-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Tonight's lineup is owner Ken Ramsey, HRTV's Scott Hazelton, new Siena basketball coach Jimmy Patsos, and most importantly....CJ.

The link should work fine tonight.

Stillriledup
08-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Did i miss the show? is it over already? Is there a link to listen? An archive?

I clicked the link in the first post in this thread, but i cant seem to find any 'local' station with guys talking about horse racing. Maybe i just don't know where to look?

cj
08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
It starts at 9pm EDT.

Stillriledup
08-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks. GL tonight.

JustRalph
08-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm going to call in and yell " baba booey"

Tom
08-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Byk twice, TLG.........what night for Leno? :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
08-01-2013, 11:14 PM

When I look at your receding hair line I am tempted to got a DNA test. :rolleyes:

Have fun and represent the familia well.

Big Sal
08-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Maybe Doug can start posting here again...

Always have been at least a lurker, my friend.

the little guy
08-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Graham Motion and Randy Moss will be my guests tonight. If you're in town, stop by the Parting Glass. The show is 9 to 10 pm.

the little guy
08-13-2013, 07:03 PM
This Thursday night's show will feature Bill Mott, Ed Stanco ( owner of Alabama favorite Princess of Sylmar ), new NYRA CEO Chris Kay, as well as CJ. I know some of you will be in town for the PA get-together. I hope you get to come to the Parting Glass. The show is 9 to 10pm. Drinks are on CJ.

cj
08-13-2013, 07:20 PM
This Thursday night's show will feature Bill Mott, Ed Stanco ( owner of Alabama favorite Princess of Sylmar ), new NYRA CEO Chris Kay, as well as CJ. I know some of you will be in town for the PA get-together. I hope you get to come to the Parting Glass. The show is 9 to 10pm. Drinks are on CJ.

I will buy a diet coke for one lucky winner. But really, the show is fun, come on out!

the little guy
08-20-2013, 06:04 PM
CJ won't be there to buy drinks this week, and Doug Salvatore is too cheap to even buy himself a drink, but it's going to be a very great show this week. Allen Jerkens and Jerry Bailey will be my guests.

Don't miss it!

the little guy
08-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Last show for 2013 should be a very good one. Wayne Lukas and Todd Pletcher will be on together. Should be an interesting night. I hope people get a chance to either stop by or listen.

Saratoga_Mike
08-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Great combo.

cj
08-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Last show for 2013 should be a very good one. Wayne Lukas and Todd Pletcher will be on together. Should be an interesting night. I hope people get a chance to either stop by or listen.

It should be fun. I look forward to Lukas getting is a friendly jab or two after the Travers!

Irish Boy
08-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone who can make it in should. Wife and I went last week and had a blast. One of the high points of our vacation hearing The Chief.

cj
08-27-2013, 09:44 PM
The good karma continued for guests with the Chief winning a stake on Monday.

cj
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
This show should be great, coming up in a few minutes...

http://1045theteam.com/

thespaah
08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
This show should be great, coming up in a few minutes...

http://1045theteam.com/
It was my intention to get to watch the show live when I was up in NY.
I could not make it though. Had other stuff going on..
Gonna listen in tonight.

thespaah
08-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Sounds like there are plenty of people in attendance.
How many people does this show usually attract?

thespaah
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
D. Wayne spinning yarns....Pretty good stuff.

cj
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Sounds like there are plenty of people in attendance.
How many people does this show usually attract?

It is in like a banquet room between two bars, I would 100, maybe more. It fills up.

cj
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
D. Wayne spinning yarns....Pretty good stuff.

He is one entertaining guy, and easy to see why he has been so successful.

thespaah
08-29-2013, 10:03 PM
He is one entertaining guy, and easy to see why he has been so successful.
That was a lot of fun. If the show is renewed, I will attend at least once next year.

Grits
08-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Andy, a fine, fine end to the "At the Post Live" season. I was able to attend while there and enjoyed the show and the Parting Glass, tremendously. Tonight, you, Wayne, and Todd, were all great, sharing good questions, stories.

Have an awesome last Saratoga weekend and Labor Day. Thank you for all that you do, all that you bring to New York racing. You make it better!

g

the little guy
08-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. The show has been a lot of fun. We'll almost certainly be back next year.

thespaah
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. The show has been a lot of fun. We'll almost certainly be back next year.
The probability the show will be back next season is great news.
I will do my best to get to a show then.

lsosa54
08-30-2013, 07:18 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oh6plhlesf9dvxt/eRFV3zv-6b

I too had a chance a couple of weeks ago to watch the show live at the Parting Glass. Good beer, good food, and a great show with Bill Mott, Ed Stanco, and the President of NYRA. Who knew Bill Mott started training in South Dakota?

For those who missed yesterday's webcast, here's a link to my dropbox. Show is in 4 parts.

Also threw in the Jerry Bailey interview from last week. Quality on that one is not great but listenable.

Got Andy's ok before I posted. Always nice to see a fellow Lehigh grad succeed!

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oh6plhlesf9dvxt/eRFV3zv-6b

I too had a chance a couple of weeks ago to watch the show live at the Parting Glass. Good beer, good food, and a great show with Bill Mott, Ed Stanco, and the President of NYRA. Who knew Bill Mott started training in South Dakota?

For those who missed yesterday's webcast, here's a link to my dropbox. Show is in 4 parts.

Also threw in the Jerry Bailey interview from last week. Quality on that one is not great but listenable.

Got Andy's ok before I posted. Always nice to see a fellow Lehigh grad succeed!I gotta bust your chops here...even though I know you and like you and have hung with you the last couple of years at the Spa...

Can you guess why I'm busting your chops? :lol:

lsosa54
09-02-2013, 10:37 PM
No, not really, but I'm sure I broke some rule. Unintentionally of course. Lay it on me - something to do with advertising or maybe a dropbox link, right?

wiffleball whizz
09-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Question for TLG......

Obviously you guys at NYRA love Saratoga what's the mood on the last day of the meet for you guys knowIng it the last time anybody there will be there till next year?

Also was curious whst happens at Saratoga after closing day,...does the whole place sit dormant till next year or does the building have any use during non racing months was always curious

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2013, 12:59 AM
No, not really, but I'm sure I broke some rule. Unintentionally of course. Lay it on me - something to do with advertising or maybe a dropbox link, right?Not even warm...lol

thespaah
09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Question for TLG......

Obviously you guys at NYRA love Saratoga what's the mood on the last day of the meet for you guys knowIng it the last time anybody there will be there till next year?

Also was curious whst happens at Saratoga after closing day,...does the whole place sit dormant till next year or does the building have any use during non racing months was always curious
I think TLG might be on a well deserved vacation...
Just a guess.
How's Maryland treating you?

wiffleball whizz
09-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I think TLG might be on a well deserved vacation...
Just a guess.
How's Maryland treating you?

Love it......always sometimg to do here.....no night time simulcast though sun-weds......rosecroft pretty soon....nice women too!!

the little guy
09-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Question for TLG......

It depends on the person, I suppose. I'm certainly sad to see it end.

I wouldn't say it sits dormant. There is always plenty to work on I am sure. Also, the Oklahoma is open from early April into November every year.

thespaah
09-03-2013, 09:31 PM
It depends on the person, I suppose. I'm certainly sad to see it end.

I wouldn't say it sits dormant. There is always plenty to work on I am sure. Also, the Oklahoma is open from early April into November every year.
Closing day is a bummer for me.
I go outside and take down my Saratoga flag and put it away until opening day the following year.
Opening day for me is like the 'other Christmas Day'.

wiffleball whizz
09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Closing day is a bummer for me.
I go outside and take down my Saratoga flag and put it away until opening day the following year.
Opening day for me is like the 'other Christmas Day'.

A spa flag waving proudly in the yard has to be awesome in north Carolina!!!

cj
09-03-2013, 11:36 PM

You'll love that you have to go to the harness track for night simulcasting.

wiffleball whizz
09-03-2013, 11:42 PM
You'll love that you have to go to the harness track for night simulcasting.

Hahahahahahaha or the otb in lake George.... :lol:

thespaah
09-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah...I get the looks from some of my neighbors...You know...The 'look".
One of the women that knows my wife stopped and asked about it.
She was like, oh they race horses there?...Funny.

cj
09-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah...I get the looks from some of my neighbors...You know...The 'look".
One of the women that knows my wife stopped and asked about it.
She was like, oh they race horses there?...Funny.

You haven't moved?

thespaah
09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Hahahahahahaha or the otb in lake George.... :lol:
Been there more times than I care to admit.
But the one in Glens Falls is across from the bar which is my hangout.

thespaah
09-04-2013, 03:39 PM
You haven't moved?
Most of my neighbors are from north of the Mason Dixon Line.
The guy that lives behind me is from NY. My next door neighbor is from Long Island. He's the one that gave me the strange look when I put up the flag.
The woman that made that silly comment is an acquaintance of my wife.
Of course the few natives to the South always look at me funny when I wear one of my Saratoga hats on the golf course or wherever. I wear my NY stuff as much as I can just to keep these people wondering. Even though there a lots of northern transplants here, there are just as many people who cannot stand people from the Northeast. Especially those of us from the NY Metro area.
I once had a older guy say "you ain't from around here, are ya?"...I said "Nope, but we're taking over the joint."..Based on the look the guy gave me, that did not go over well. LOL!!! Like I care.

Trust me. I want to get out of here. I never liked the South.
As soon as our house is paid off, we are headed back up to the Northeast. Probably Upstate NY...

lsosa54
09-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I gotta bust your chops here...even though I know you and like you and have hung with you the last couple of years at the Spa...

Can you guess why I'm busting your chops? :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't of felt so bad when I got dq'd into the win as your horse was taken down on that last Sunday:confused: If you had been my English teacher in grammar school...:eek:

Now, you know what I meant to say with my file names was the "Sterling Andy Serling". Really not that clever - it was the name DAR FM gave the files as it recorded them.

Back to the DQ, let's not forget you still had the $100 exacta plus you killed them at Monmouth that day:jump: That's why they call you PA.

I think that's the most emoticons I've ever used. I know CJ loves those.

the little guy
07-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Our 5th season begins this coming Thursday night ( 7/21 ) live at the Parting Glass as well as ESPN 104.5 The Team ( http://1045theteam.com/ ).

The first night's guests are Christophe Clement, Julien Leparoux, owner Sol Kumin ( Lady Eli, Exaggerator, Wavell Ave, etc ), and Gabby Gaudet.

I hope some of you get to stop by at some point this season.

thespaah
07-18-2016, 11:48 PM
I will make an effort to get to the Pub when I'm up there next month.
I listen in as well.

Zaf
07-18-2016, 11:58 PM
Our 5th season begins this coming Thursday night ( 7/21 ) live at the Parting Glass as well as ESPN 104.5 The Team ( http://1045theteam.com/ ).

The first night's guests are Christophe Clement, Julien Leparoux, owner Sol Kumin ( Lady Eli, Exaggerator, Wavell Ave, etc ), and Gabby Gaudet.

I hope some of you get to stop by at some point this season.

:ThmbUp: Wow great way to kick off the meet :jump:

Z

1st time lasix
07-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Wish I was in town to hear Christophe...we gave him our NY-bred filly to train and she is near ready to make her debut. I will be flying in to town July 26th until the 31st. I will make an effort to be at the Parting Glass that Thursday for the show live. Hopefully Mr. Sterling will invite some entertaining guests. Wish I could getaway for even more time..... Look forward to good racing and some excellent food/drink on my annual vacation. I always wake at dawn and go to the training works. The animals are truly magnificent. Hope it is mild and dry that week.

Red Knave
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
The first night's guests ... Julien LeparouxI hope Julien doesn't arrive too early. ;)

Looking forward to this as always.

KingChas
07-19-2016, 04:30 PM

TLG,
Do you need to reserve the seats/tables in the back of the pub or is it 1st come/1st serve?

the little guy
07-19-2016, 05:04 PM
I believe it's first come....

KingChas
07-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Thank You,
I have been in the pub many times , but after a long day of food & drink I usually can't survive to attend.I do see a large crowd piling in though.
Just never personally made it.

Best of Luck..."16"...at the Spa!