PDA

View Full Version : Larry Elder slams Piers Morgan on Zimmerman trial

JustRalph
07-18-2013, 12:15 AM
-Nd1SJQRGto

Larry Elder is great as usual. He knows his facts.......kills Morgan on his own show!

Check out this video on YouTube if it doesn't work inline

http://youtu.be/-Nd1SJQRGto

This vid is Getting pounded tonight

NJ Stinks
07-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Piers Morgan is not a cop - he's not going to stop a crime from being committed or arrest a would be murderer. He's in the entertainment business. He's after viewers. Period.

Elder ought to know that since he's an entertainer too and I'm sure he does. Hence, the "you should be ashamed of yourself" crap means nothing. Elder knows it and Morgan knows it.

If Elder was doing anything besides helping Pier's ratings, he never would have lasted 11 minutes.

"Kills Morgan on his own show"? Really, Ralph? I know you want Elder to be the man for setting Piers straight. But Piers and CNN are without a doubt celebrating tonight. Elder is too since he got lots of air time.

Greyfox
07-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Piers is becoming more and more of an old woman (I'm profiling) as time goes by.
I think that he's always been somewhat of a British snooty know-it-all (I'm profiling again).

Since he received Trump's blessing on Celebrity Apprentice he's become an insufferable boor and certainly is not an adequate replacement for Larry King.

Robert Zimmerman, George's brother, tied Piers in knots with class the other evening and deflated this British blowhard pretty good.

-ePcLS5f7jw

JustRalph
07-18-2013, 02:36 AM
Larry Elder tweeted this related article by Walter Williams

http://tinyurl.com/mljlut2

redshift1
07-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Elder comes in wound up... like a tweaker on three day speed run.

BlueShoe
07-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Larry Elder does not quite have the national exposure that other commentators have, but in SoCal he is very well known and very popular. His daily talk radio show on KABC 3-6 PM draws a large audience. His ideology is Libertarian/Conservative. The local far left Blacks have tried for years to get him off of the air, with no success. Maxine Waters detests him, adding to his credibility. :ThmbUp: His constant message is individual responsibility and ceasing the cult of victimology and entitlement, the mindset so commom in the Black community.

jballscalls
07-21-2013, 11:13 AM
it's so interesting how much different people can watch a video and see things differently. I can't stand Piers Morgan, but the Larry Elder fellow, all he did was sit and cite statistics at the beginning (which were good stats) but then he wouldn't answer questions after that. He had an agenda and talking points and instead of answering some questions that I wish he'd have answered, he dodged them and went back into his talking points.

I think this is an example of a video that right wingers would post and say "man larry elder destroyed piers" and left people would say "Look at this guy dodging and weaving and avoiding answering half the questions."

johnhannibalsmith
07-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Speaking of Piers Morgan... I couldn't get to the remote fast enough and caught a whole episode with that Janteal of whatever her name is. Wow, you want to talk about painful to sit through. What a disaster that was and the girl was probably the least maddening.

thaskalos
07-21-2013, 12:48 PM
it's so interesting how much different people can watch a video and see things differently. I can't stand Piers Morgan, but the Larry Elder fellow, all he did was sit and cite statistics at the beginning (which were good stats) but then he wouldn't answer questions after that. He had an agenda and talking points and instead of answering some questions that I wish he'd have answered, he dodged them and went back into his talking points.

I think this is an example of a video that right wingers would post and say "man larry elder destroyed piers" and left people would say "Look at this guy dodging and weaving and avoiding answering half the questions."

I agree!

I've never been too impressed by guys who go on TV shows with pre-rehearsed speeches...and keep delivering these speeches over and over in a loud voice -- regardless of what questions they are being asked to answer.

This is what I call a REAL butt-kicking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0LUZrvUKfU

Robert Goren
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM
There nothing a white conservative loves more than a black person knocking another black person especially one backing up their prejudices against black people.

johnhannibalsmith
07-21-2013, 01:47 PM
There nothing a white conservative loves more than a black person knocking another black person especially one backing up their prejudices against black people.

KA ching, KA ching!

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
There nothing a white conservative loves more than a black person knocking another black person especially one backing up their prejudices against black people.You said it brutha...sing it again, won't you please?

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I agree!

I've never been too impressed by guys who go on TV shows with pre-rehearsed speeches...and keep delivering these speeches over and over in a loud voice -- regardless of what questions they are being asked to answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0LUZrvUKfUYou agree...lol...I commend Piers for even having Elder on his show...it shows me he isn't afraid of having someone he KNOWS will challenge him...let's see him do it again after the thumping he took.

Can you guys be any bigger whimps? The only thing you can whine about is how "big bad" Elder was being rude to poor poor Piers? I guess discussing what he actually had to say would be too embarrassing for you?

Tom
07-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Ding ding ding!
We been outed!
He got us now!

thaskalos
07-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Can you guys be any bigger whimps? The only thing you can whine about is how "big bad" Elder was being rude to poor poor Piers? I guess discussing what he actually had to say would be too embarrassing for you?

Oh...now we are whimps.

At other times, you've called us abusive...

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Anyone citing Elder's conduct as the primary discussion point of this video clip is either a whimp or someone who is avoiding a discussion of the real issues presented, simply because you/they don't agree with the politics of Elder.

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with Elder's color, as someone else brought up. However, the fact that Elder is black make his comments that more poignant.

Yet, some here only want to discuss Elder's delivery and not his message. So either you are a wimp (not sure why I was spelling it with an 'h' earlier) and highly offended by heated debate, OR, the meaning behind Elder's words makes you so uncomfortable, you refuse to address them...

fast4522
07-21-2013, 04:34 PM

Robert FYI:

Prejudices require time, to afford anyone the time it requires for those prejudices is a waste of time. Now this might not add up to you, but I expect that from someone who has too much time. We all say things that can be interpreted to suit your viewpoints but the truth is when it counts and it is our turn to be fair with someone personally we all score better than on some forum. In a nutshell it takes less effort to be fair one on one, Blow warm air up your own if it makes you feel better, but equal rights do NOT mean special rights.

Tom
07-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Abusive wimps.
Hmmmmmmm.

thaskalos
07-21-2013, 05:07 PM
...So either you are a wimp (not sure why I was spelling it with an 'h' earlier) and highly offended by heated debate, OR, the meaning behind Elder's words makes you so uncomfortable, you refuse to address them...

FYI...I am not a wimp...nor am I "highly offended", or even "uncomfortable". Read my post again, and tell me if I seem highly offended or uncomfortable.

I just made a comment, and provided a video...to prove that you don't need theatrics and made-up anger in order to kick ass in a debate.

fast4522
07-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone citing Elder's conduct as the primary discussion point of this video clip is either a whimp or someone who is avoiding a discussion of the real issues presented, simply because you/they don't agree with the politics of Elder.

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with Elder's color, as someone else brought up. However, the fact that Elder is black make his comments that more poignant.

Yet, some here only want to discuss Elder's delivery and not his message. So either you are a wimp (not sure why I was spelling it with an 'h' earlier) and highly offended by heated debate, OR, the meaning behind Elder's words makes you so uncomfortable, you refuse to address them...

Your right Piers Morgan is a blow hard for all the wimps.

Tom
07-21-2013, 05:32 PM
...to prove that you don't need theatrics and made-up anger in order to kick ass in a debate.

Tell that to CNN, FOX, PMSNBC........WWE has less theatrics! :D

JustRalph
07-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Just for info, those two were going at it via twitter for two days prior to this show.

Elder has long held views that blacks are held down by Democrats. He has a very good record of providing facts that back up his position.

He has a few books that are best sellers that make his points very well.

redshift1
07-22-2013, 12:00 AM
He has a few books that are best sellers that make his points very well.

Technically he's on the best seller list albeit in roughly 2 millionth place.

Elder latest book Amazon.com :

Hardcover edition Amazon Ranking: #1,968,631 in Books.

Amazon Kindle edition Amazon Ranking: #170,786 Paid in Kindle Store.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Technically he's on the best seller list albeit in roughly 2 millionth place.

Elder latest book Amazon.com :

Hardcover edition Amazon Ranking: #1,968,631 in Books.

Amazon Kindle edition Amazon Ranking: #170,786 Paid in Kindle Store.

.Well, I guess this just about settles it...the only people who want to comment on what Elder actually says are those who agree with him...what a shocker..

jballscalls
07-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, I guess this just about settles it...the only people who want to comment on what Elder actually says are those who agree with him...what a shocker..

I agree with almost everything he said, as he was just rattling off statistics and facts.

Where I had issue as I stated above was that he was dodging questions, a couple of which, I thought it would have been interesting to hear him answer.

hence why I didn't think "Elder kills Morgan" was an accurate statement.

mountainman
07-22-2013, 11:53 AM
I agree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0LUZrvUKfU

Indeed. Just as tv debators lose by default with me the minute they begin to shout, stammer or try to add import to their comments by prefacing them with a meaningless "look."

And when one conservative guest is pitted against a single liberal to give illusion of fairness, but the host then wades in making it 2 on 1, the point of view being pushed by the tag team gets disqualified in my mind. Seriously, if their argument was that sound, why would they need superior numbers?

Marshall Bennett
07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Wow !! You don't think there are prejudiced blacks out there that feel the same when liberal and conservative whites go at it? Big deal, what does any of this prove? I'll go a step further and say there are liberal whites (yourself included) that love it when blacks go after conservative whites. Again, so what?
All any of this means, along with your post, is that you probably would be a happier person had you been born black.

Robert Goren
07-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Wow !! You don't think there are prejudiced blacks out there that feel the same when liberal and conservative whites go at it? Big deal, what does any of this prove? I'll go a step further and say there are liberal whites (yourself included) that love it when blacks go after conservative whites. Again, so what?
All any of this means, along with your post, is that you probably would be a happier person had you been born black. Not the same thing. The same thing would be a liberal black loving it when a liberal white goes after a conservative white.

Marshall Bennett
07-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I beg to differ, but it is the same thing.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I agree with almost everything he said, as he was just rattling off statistics and facts.

Where I had issue as I stated above was that he was dodging questions, a couple of which, I thought it would have been interesting to hear him answer.

hence why I didn't think "Elder kills Morgan" was an accurate statement.Actually, he did answer the question Piers was asking a million times...Elder said he never called Rachel Jeantel stupid...

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Actually, he did answer the question Piers was asking a million times...Elder said he never called Rachel Jeantel stupid...

Piers is well known for sidetracking his guests by asking questions that do nothing but reduce their time to speak. He's been called out on it before. Elder wasn't going to fall into the trap.

Saratoga_Mike
07-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Piers is well known for sidetracking his guests by asking questions that do nothing but reduce their time to speak. He's been called out on it before. Elder wasn't going to fall into the trap.

Putting his politics aside, Piers Morgan is horrible. He has to be one of the most self-absorbed interviewers on TV...and that's saying a lot. He inserts himself into almost every interview...makes one pine for the days of Larry King. CNN has the uncanny ability to make the worst hires in the world - how about pairing Kathleen Parker with Spitzer?

jballscalls
07-22-2013, 06:59 PM

I think it's his ploy to get ratings. His ratings were pathetic, but the biggest attention getter he had was when Alex Jones went off on there. So I think he's under the impression that if he can needle people to blow up, he'll get more attention.

Hence why he takes the really passive aggressive approach, cause I think he knows most people find that annoying.

Stillriledup
07-22-2013, 08:14 PM
is Morgan the political version of Skip Bayless? Trying to get as many people to hate him as possible so he can keep his job?

johnhannibalsmith
07-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Putting his politics aside, Piers Morgan is horrible....

I don't even understand what rock they found him under that he's suddenly some sort of celebrity. Wasn't he just the jerk that pushed the big "X" button on that horrible America's Got Talent hoax of a show? Did this guy ever actually do anything or is this just a case where we all got told one day that Piers Morgan was someone important and we should give a shit what he thinks?

JustRalph
07-22-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't even understand what rock they found him under that he's suddenly some sort of celebrity. Wasn't he just the jerk that pushed the big "X" button on that horrible America's Got Talent hoax of a show? Did this guy ever actually do anything or is this just a case where we all got told one day that Piers Morgan was someone important and we should give a shit what he thinks?

He was editor of some UK papers. He was disgraced over there and his buddy Simon Cowell brought him to the US

Saratoga_Mike
07-23-2013, 09:00 AM

CNN has a long history of hiring failures. If you ever have a chance, read the late Bob Novak's final book ("The Prince of Darkness"). It's 1,100 pages and you'll wish it was left at the original, unedited 1,500 pages. Bob had nothing but contempt for CNN management.

Let's think about CNN's failed hires over time: Aaron Brown (was he playing dumb or just dumb? To this day, I don't know), Erin Burnett (she can't be taken seriously), Parker/Spitzer, Spitzer, Campbell Brown....