PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone & The Boston Bomber.

BlueShoe
07-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Left wing journalism may have hit a new low. Featuring a terrorist on the cover is despicable, no excuses or reasons for it are acceptable. Good to see the refusal of some companies to refuse to display or sell the issue.
www.cnn.com/2013/07/17/studentnews/tsarnaev-rolling-stone-cover/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/17/studentnews/tsarnaev-rolling-stone-cover/index.html)

FantasticDan
07-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't think it's a left or right wing thing as much as it's a ridiculously stupid thing. :ThmbDown:

burnsy
07-17-2013, 05:10 PM
No, the left and right are dispicable......glad i'm not either. The fruit cakes are all on these political threads because i know they can't think deep enough to pick a winner. Yeah, thats what we need to do, tell people what they can or can not publish..........the reporting will get so much better if they don't print things that offend people :bang: . Who cares? Where are we??????? Afganastan, Russia?? Now you can only publish pictures or stories that only are acceptable to who? We got the left AND the right spying on us......its the guy hiding in Russias fault for telling everyone.........:lol: People like you worrying about what pictures are published...who are you? The picture police? This is a great, cheap place to get a laugh....i'll tell you what. I see how people think and then i understand why things are so messed up. The right scared everyone with this terrorist crap and the left jumped right on it too...this BS wins elections....we have to spy on you ....to keep you safe.....and the sheep on both sides follow like the boobs they are. Welcome to America, we know who you are, what you think and what you should read.....hey, its a free country though....:) The left and right will decide what you should publish, what you say and who you talk to by reading your email..........not only that don't forget to where a helmet when you crap....did you see that Rolling Stone issue? It should be banned......yeah, thats where i want to live..........are people on here for real? Are you serious?

JustRalph
07-17-2013, 07:07 PM
No, the left and right are dispicable......glad i'm not either. The fruit cakes are all on these political threads because i know they can't think deep enough to pick a winner. Yeah, thats what we need to do, tell people what they can or can not publish..........the reporting will get so much better if they don't print things that offend people :bang: . Who cares? Where are we??????? Afganastan, Russia?? Now you can only publish pictures or stories that only are acceptable to who? We got the left AND the right spying on us......its the guy hiding in Russias fault for telling everyone.........:lol: People like you worrying about what pictures are published...who are you? The picture police? This is a great, cheap place to get a laugh....i'll tell you what. I see how people think and then i understand why things are so messed up. The right scared everyone with this terrorist crap and the left jumped right on it too...this BS wins elections....we have to spy on you ....to keep you safe.....and the sheep on both sides follow like the boobs they are. Welcome to America, we know who you are, what you think and what you should read.....hey, its a free country though....:) The left and right will decide what you should publish, what you say and who you talk to by reading your email..........not only that don't forget to where a helmet when you crap....did you see that Rolling Stone issue? It should be banned......yeah, thats where i want to live..........are people on here for real? Are you serious?

Totally missing the point. It's not just a magazine cover.

"The cover of the Rolling Stone" is a long sacred place music artists aspire to be featured. Today on twitter, lots of famous musicians are enraged by this.

I used to subscribe. I gave it up in the 90's when it became more about politics than music. Jan Wenner has gone further and further off the deep end over the years. He is a degenerate fool. Including his corrupt practices in relation to the Rock Hall of Fame.

lamboguy
07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Ralph is right on this one, if you are buying a newspaper to read about music, you don't need that paper to con you.

cordep17
07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
While it disgusts all of us, think of all the bad people out there contemplating bad things. I think they can be swayed by the fame that these people get to do those bad things.

LottaKash
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
.are people on here for real? Are you serious?

Suck a banana.....:p

BlueShoe
07-17-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't think it's a left or right wing thing as much as it's a ridiculously stupid thing. :ThmbDown:
When you see the photo featured along with the lead story devoted to a terrorist on the cover of National Review or the American Conservative be sure to let us know. Do think that you might have a very long wait.

Tom
07-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Suck a banana.....:p

Hey!

btw, I bought the every first issue of Rolling Stone. Never bought another one.
Even being a stupid liberal back then, I realized that the only thing the RS was good was already being done by rolls of Charmin'

JustRalph
07-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Major mag outlets refusing to sell it

highnote
07-18-2013, 12:30 AM
I think I read where they also put O.J. Simpson on the cover after it became known his wife had been murdered.

Hitler has made the cover of plenty of magazines.

Maybe RS is just trying to boost sales and get more eyeballs on its pages through free publicity? Seems to be working.

Rookies
07-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Maybe RS is just trying to boost sales and get more eyeballs on its pages through free publicity? Seems to be working.

I'm not in favour of the RS decision, but that is exactly what they are trying to do. This is a staple of free market capitalism: draw the lemmings to a sensational cover. They've previously used Manson, I believe.

This is a bit different from Time's use of Hitler/ Bin Laden as 'Man of the Year'. That title is not necessarily to 'honour' anyone; rather it salutes the most influential in the world in a given year.

In this case though, it is also the right of people ticked off to fight back. And I agree with others, that backwater, introverted, twisted nerds can get the idea to dupe up their own atrocities for their 15 minutes of fame.

TJDave
07-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Major mag outlets refusing to sell it

I spend hundreds of dollars every year at CVS. I'll be registering a complaint with local management, corporate officers and board of directors. It's one thing for consumers to censor what they read...quite another to have retailers do it for them.

BTW, I've never bought a Rolling Stone magazine, probably never will.

JustRalph
07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
I spend hundreds of dollars every year at CVS. I'll be registering a complaint with local management, corporate officers and board of directors. It's one thing for consumers to censor what they read...quite another to have retailers do it for them.

BTW, I've never bought a Rolling Stone magazine, probably never will.

CC that letter to Walgreens, Kmart and several others......

FantasticDan
07-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I spend hundreds of dollars every year at CVS. I'll be registering a complaint with local management, corporate officers and board of directors. It's one thing for consumers to censor what they read...quite another to have retailers do it for them.Security had to remove me from the store after I threw a fit when the local supermarket started blocking the covers of Cosmopolitan at the check-out :mad: :p

duncan04
07-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Its great seeing the musicians who are blasting the Rolling Stone!

highnote
07-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Security had to remove me from the store after I threw a fit when the local supermarket started blocking the covers of Cosmopolitan at the check-out :mad: :p

When I was a kid and would see a magazine covered by brown paper I was all the more intrigued by what was on the inside.

Then, when I finally got a peak... :jump: :D

BlueShoe
07-18-2013, 04:45 PM
I realized that the only thing the RS was good was already being done by rolls of Charmin'
You didn't have a bird? One that lived in a cage?

highnote
07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Meanwhile... while the country is engrossed in Rolling Stone covers and whether or not Zimmerman is a racist or if Miley Cyrus is a lesbian; the Obama administration is considering whether to use force in Syria.

http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/dempsey-says-us-considering-use-of-force-in-syria-1.230943

Tom
07-18-2013, 11:15 PM
The read some excerpts from the "article" about the madman - that women is seriously deranged. As are most connected with that worthless waste of paper they call a magazine.

Maybe they could do a split cover with the bomber and good old Stevie.

jballscalls
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/08/22/rolling-stones-boston-bomber-cover-was-a-commercial-success-for-better-or-worse/

apparently any publicity is still good publicity