PDA

View Full Version : So the Blind man is boycotting Florida...'Stevie Wonder

sammy the sage
07-17-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-following-george-zimmerman-verdict-6C10645827

yet...Nobody is boycotting Chicago where 30 plus people were shot up over the 4th of July weekend?

and they have STRICTER gun laws... :rolleyes:

DJofSD
07-17-2013, 09:21 AM
The blind leading the blind.

horses4courses
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Who will be the first on PA-OTG to call for a boycott of attending Stevie's concerts??
Oh, never mind.

sammy the sage
07-17-2013, 09:38 AM
I like his music...don't like his stance on this issue...

it's all about PEER pressure...

Tom
07-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Have you seen Stevie's new piano?

Neither has he.

GaryG
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Does anyone with any sense go to Flah-rida in the summer? It seems like we get half the state visiting the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains this time of year. They are a pain in the ass, but they do spend a lot of money in the area.

TJDave
07-17-2013, 10:33 AM
yet...Nobody is boycotting Chicago

I hate the place. Too hot in the Summer and cold in the winter. The only thing good about Chicago is Vienna dogs and I can buy them in CA.

Robert Fischer
07-17-2013, 11:38 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-following-george-zimmerman-verdict-6C10645827

yet...Nobody is boycotting Chicago where 30 plus people were shot up over the 4th of July weekend?

sounds like he has a specific issue with incidents like that of Zimmerman-Martin being perfectly legal, Not with the number of total gun related homicides state-by-state.

In other words he's doing his part to lobby against a law he'd like to see changed.

from the article snippet he did not seem to be anti-gun whatsoever.

He wasn't "outraged" at the jury, he wasn't 'rioting', in fact he came off as fairly reasonable.

Tom
07-17-2013, 11:52 AM
So, Eric the Gunrunner Holder says we need to change the Stand Your Ground laws.

And the NAACP applauds him.

But 80% of the SYG events in Florida involve a Black person invoking the law.

But it feels good to say, and that is all that counts.

menifee
07-17-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't agree with his position, but he has a right to boycott the state. You have the right to boycott his music.

What I do have a problem with is people making jokes about his disability. That's pure ignorance.

DJofSD
07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh, oh, Tom, you're in trouble now.

Tom
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I admit, I stole that joke.
From Stevie Wonder. He told it at a concert.
Along with a couple of other ones.
Ignorant bastard.

DJofSD
07-17-2013, 01:45 PM

His he including the other 20 some-odd states that also has SYG laws?

LottaKash
07-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Stevie Wonder said he wouldn't come, so instead, "he'll just call to say I love you"....:kiss:

thaskalos
07-17-2013, 02:57 PM
I hate the place. Too hot in the Summer and cold in the winter. The only thing good about Chicago is Vienna dogs and I can buy them in CA.

As usual...I agree with you completely. :ThmbUp:

I just can't understand why it's so costly to live here. This place freaking sucks...in so many ways.

I can't wait for my son to go to college...so I can get as far away from here as I possibly can.

Tom
07-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I've really enjoyed my visits to Chicago. Of course, I'm just a visitor, but I liked hanging out downtown, under the tracks, chomping hot dogs. I love Baltimore, too.....maybe I am nuts?

Valuist
07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
There's great parts to Chicago, and bad parts. Just don't go near the bad parts. But I can probably say the same thing about New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Houston or Philadelphia as well.

NJ Stinks
07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I've really enjoyed my visits to Chicago. Of course, I'm just a visitor, but I liked hanging out downtown, under the tracks, chomping hot dogs. I love Baltimore, too.....maybe I am nuts?

I'm with you, Tom. And I'm just talking about visiting too. Never spent more than a week at a time in either city....

Back to Stevie. I'm with him. Florida can start raising taxes now on their residents because I'm not paying tourist taxes there anytime soon either.

Stand Your Ground is dangerous and dumb IMO.

Robert Fischer
07-17-2013, 05:43 PM
I like the Stand Your Ground, but I think the interpretations and scenarios should be a work in progress.

When these type of laws are heavily politicized, and then you get gun lobbies involved, it can pervert the whole idea of simply making the right laws and getting it right.

LottaKash
07-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Stand Your Ground is dangerous and dumb IMO.

That trial wasn't about Standing your Ground.,...The Judge ruled that out right from the get go....fyi...

NJ Stinks
07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
That trial wasn't about Standing your Ground.,...The Judge ruled that out right from the get go....fyi...

I know, LottaKash.

LottaKash
07-17-2013, 09:48 PM
I know, LottaKash.

Ok ,didn't know you knew, is all...From your statement tho, I perceived that you didn't know...;)

johnhannibalsmith
07-18-2013, 01:39 AM
... I'm not paying tourist taxes there anytime soon either.

Oh no, Florida has lost a geriatric for life.

That ought to help tourism. :lol: :lol: :lol: