PDA

View Full Version : Passion

Derek2U
02-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Saw the Passion of Christ last night. It was Vgood .. my wife
Solange closed her eyes through 3/4 's of it .... it was bloody.
You guys who talk politics & religion ought 2 see it.

ranchwest
02-27-2004, 07:39 AM
I saw a preview screening Tuesday night. This is one of the most moving motion pictures I've ever seen. Very highly recommended, but be prepared for a very graphic movie.

Tom
02-27-2004, 11:20 PM
I guess I just don't see the reason for making it.
Other than Mel Gibson gets richer and lists himself ar a writer. Didn't Jesus write it?
Too each his own, but I'll pass on this one. If I want to be moved to tears, I'll just read my 401K statement! :rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
02-28-2004, 09:57 PM
I guess father god is supposed to be the holy "ghost writer" of everything in the bible! There are a lotmmore violent things in the bible.

superfecta
02-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Other than Mel Gibson gets richer and lists himself ar a writer. Didn't Jesus write it?
Too each his own, but I'll pass on this one. If I want to be moved to tears, I'll just read my 401K statement! :rolleyes: You know as i get older this kind of crap just doesn't appeal to me.life is violent enough,I don't really need to see the torture of Jesus to make me a better person.I suspect if this film did not have a Christian angle to it,it would not be hailed as a good movie.If i want to see a movie,I want to be entertained and given a little of something to think about.I don't want to be lectured,preached to,or shocked strictly for shock value.I have other venues to be taught or offended.
Speaking of movies,I am trying to see all the nominees for best picture,but have only been able to watch Seabiscuit.Can't get enough interest in seeing movies about child murder,old timey sailors,Old hasbeen comic in strange situations or Trolls and their bad Hobbits.:rolleyes:

ranchwest
02-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Too each his own, but I'll pass on this one. If I want to be moved to tears, I'll just read my 401K statement! :rolleyes:

The movie relates Christ's sacrifice. This is a story that has never been presented in such a realistic and moving fashion. It is a movie whose time had come. Christ died for our sins and this movie portrays his death in that context.

While Mel Gibson has been praised and made money off of this movie, he has also received a lot of criticism. I hardly think Mel Gibson needed the money that badly. It was an effort from his heart.

As far as the movie viewed from strictly a movie point of view, it is still a very good movie. The cinematography, directing, acting, wardrobes and visual effects are all excellent.

This is a movie very much worth seeing.

keilan
02-29-2004, 11:57 AM
My daughter and I seen a great movie Thursday afternoon. An absolute must see, very funny, no violence, no T & A, just fantastic family entertainment. Best two hours of cinema or T.V. I've seen since SeaBiscuit.

Okay the movie is "ELF" but what else are we going to see? Our daughter is only 7 years old.

The cinematography, directing, acting, wardrobes and visual effects are all excellent. :D :D

brdman12
02-29-2004, 12:43 PM
I haven't seen the movie but I think its important to find the things in our world that appeal to our higher self. There are a lot of people being moved by this movie. I hope they can maintain this spirit in their daily lives.