PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson hand guns.

Suff
02-27-2004, 07:02 AM
What I am about to to tell you is true. It confirms what I say all the Time. There is no equality for the working class in America.
I am taking NO editorial liberty... These are the cold hard facts.

James Minder is the 74 year old Chairman of the 2nd largest Handgun manufacturer in the USA. Smith and Wesson..

He retired this week. It was disclosed just today that he was a convicted Armed Robber. He spent 15 years in prison.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd note.

Liberal Massachusetts believes in the Constitution. The largest Hand Gun Manufacturing facility in America is in Massachusetts. It has been making hadnguns here for 150 years. It Made the Gun that shot Lincoln. But even though Democrats and particulary New England is anti-weapon... we honor our constitutional obligations. Unlike the current admisistartion that is tearing our rights apart and stripping our constitution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Back to MInder. I was thinking about all the Baggage Handlers that lost thier jobs at the Airport due to WTC (9-11). Guys supporting thier familys on $12.00 bucks an hour got fired because they were arrested for little shit in thier past. They had thier lives profiled under the Patriot act. That allows the Govt and cerain high risk industries to invade your privacy and take action unilateraly (fire you or arrest you ) without due process.

And the Chairman of the 2nd largest Hand Gun Manufacter in the US did Armed Robberys and 2 prison stints.

The hieght of Hyprocrisy.

Suff
02-27-2004, 07:10 AM
The chairman of handgun maker Smith & Wesson was in question on Thursday night after it turned out he knew more about guns than the company might have liked: he once carried out a string of armed robberies holding a sawn-off shotgun.

James Joseph Minder's criminal past emerged this month in newspapers in Detroit and Arizona, which reported he spent 15 years in prison for the robberies and an attempted prison escape

http://news.ft.com/home/us

Dick Schmidt
02-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Suff,

The difference is that the baggage handlers were fired for committing a crime, the president of S+W paid his "debt to society" and went on to make something of himself. Would you rather that all ex-cons were forced to wear a scarlet letter and never be allowed to hold a job? If he had been a worker on the assembly line would you make a big deal of it, or is your position that anyone who makes a lot of money should be scorned? I think the guy should be applauded for making something out of his life, not held to ridicule because he make mistakes early in life. This is the way our justice system is supposed to work!

Your statement that the Democratic party is anti-gun is certainly correct, but your statement that New England is anti-gun is dead wrong. In fact, the state with the most liberal gun laws in the US is Vermont, which allows everyone to carry a concealed weapon without any permit at all. And let's not pat Mass. (a true anti-gun state) on the back too much for putting money over convictions.

Dick

If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Suff
02-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt
Suff,

I agree. He's the exception and with out a doubt recieved special privilidges. Most ex-cons can't get a job at Mcdonalds. I was pointing out the double standard. I know for a fact how hard it is to work with a Felony conviction in America.. I have one.

I'm a hustler and nothing keeps me down.. I have money to hire lawyers and I have the brains and chutzpah to navigate around it when I have to...

But I know how hard it is to get everyday things Like a Bank Account, a Job, a Mortgage, . all the things average americans take for granted.

I am with you on this. I'm opening up a whole bunch on the board lately.. . I took out a hand gun in the Parking Lot of Wonderland Greyhound park. I did'nt point it at anyone.. I just took it out and held at my side. There were 4 people there including myself. I walked away... Nothing happened.

Unbeknownst to me... some local detectives heard about it... went out and got statements from the 3 people... brought the statements to a sitting grand Jury and got me indicted on three counts of Assault with a Deadly Weapon to wit a Fire Arm. Notice the Missing Battery that usually follows assault. You have to actually Fire the Gun to get the Assault and battery charge.. But simply brandishing the weapon is assault. I took a plea and the debt I paid I will not share ,.. but I can tell you from my personal experience... I have paid for that Night 100 times over and I still pay everyday. A convicted Violent Felon in America is a very tough spot to over come.

I did the crime.. I have no one ot blame but myself.. But I pay and pay and pay...believe me. It sucks.

Hammerhead
02-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Can not comment Suff but been there done that politics and do gooders suck.

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Wonderland....I used to go there all the time 1987-1990.....

We probably crossed paths either there or at Suffolk many times back then, and never knew it...small world....

And that Wonderland parking lot can be a dangerous spot at night....

Hammerhead
02-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Where is Wonderland??

PaceAdvantage
02-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Revere, Massachusetts....

Hammerhead
02-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Spent a year working in Cambridge. I spent little time in Mass. Went to Maine or NY on weekends with the exception of a few weekends when I went to Suffolk Downs. That was in the early or mid 80's.

wes
02-28-2004, 10:07 AM
If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Why are the streets of America so dangerous?

It is called MORAL decay.

I have never seen two dogs fighting that was not mad. Perhaps the whole dam world has gone mad.

wes

Suff
02-28-2004, 12:23 PM
theres a Big meeting today up on Beacon Hill Mt. Vernon Street.

Secret Service is in town due to J Kerry's inevitable nomination.

Seems the neighbors have some real concerns about the Streets.. the american streets..

#1 Concern.

The idle'ing secret service vehicles distrurb them

#2 Concern

They're parking the Secret Service vehicles in the alley ways. The House keepers and Butlers are having trouble getting through.

In a weeks time the Neighbors arranged a meeting so the Government can address these concerns.

I just walked down the street to pick up my dry cleaning...
I walked past 3 junkies, 2 prostitutes and a handfull of homeless people. Who I do I call about that?

Moral Decline.. your funny. Try seperation of resources.

Suff
02-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Blue bloods howl over Kerry security
By Steve Marantz
Saturday, February 28, 2004

Secret Service agents guarding Sen. John F. Kerry's swank townhouse are getting a taste of Beacon Hill hospitality, assailed by his high-brow neighbors for noise from their idling vehicles, taking up precious parking spaces, and scaring the domestic help.

http://news.bostonherald.com/national/national.bg?articleid=1150

Tom
02-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Suff

I just walked down the street to pick up my dry cleaning...
I walked past 3 junkies, 2 prostitutes and a handfull of homeless people. Who I do I call about that?

Get their names. I will vote for every one of them. :D

Hammerhead
02-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Nowadays try getting a job without a drivers license SS card or some Idealistic means of ID. Thank God I am in my retiring years and do not have to put up with the rediculus crap from this drug free society. These so called flower children sure know what is best. I can not imagine the crap my grandchildren will put up with because they will never have the joy of running in the woods. Swinging from the trees or even climbing one. Never to be able to talk to people unless thay are on the A or B list without some one calling the local law enforcement yelling child abuse or molestation.
I thank the Lord I grew up able to do all these things without fear of some jackass pervert coming on to me. To this day I have not seen in front of me any type of drug with the exception of weed, and then they wanted $10.00 for a joint. I can buy a hell of a lot of other things that will last 1000 times longer then a piece of paper with some dam leaves stuffed in it, that is gone in 5 minutes or less.
That is all I'll say on this subject. I get to pissed to discuss it.