PDA

View Full Version : A few plays for saturday

cordep17
07-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Fairmount Park
Race 1---6F---Clm5000n2L
:1: (6/1 ML)His 2 before last really jumped out at me. Broke his maiden wire to wire and then handled some serious pressure to still finish 3rd at clm1000n2L. After that good effort, he dropped down and gave a less than steller performance and is coming back at the same spot. Can't help but wonder what happened there
:2: (2/1 ML)Finally taking a necessary drop. 2 ago, he and the 1 went at it on the lead, and the one came out on top. I think the difference in the morning line is the 1 already made the drop in last and was unsuccessful.
:3: (4/1 ML)Really likes to come from way from the back. A good closer who was close in last in the same spot. If we can get enough speed up front and enough question marks for the best in this race, then he may be able to get her done. Definitely in good form.
:4: (5/1 ML)Not seeing much value with this one. Has been hardly competitive vs. worse and is stepping up to face early speed. Has never improved position from the stretch aside from his weak maidenclm3200 race in which he was able to run away with it last year.
:5: (9/2 ML) Tied his best speed figure in last and this will be his third off of the layoff. I like that he can be up towards the front, but also can layoff just a little bit. Improvement is still plausible because of the length of that layoff, especially with the impressive third off stats for the trainer. Trainer doesn't kill it will comebackers, so the improvement between the last two could of been expected and further improvement can still very easily be to come.
:6: (7/2 ML) I like this one to a degree (#). I can't believe he gave in in last. He has got a lot of talent, and the class makes sense. His consistency lately puts him in a good spot for a good run. Fair to question his ability to win, but his last two have been his best.

The Play: With the 1 and 2 and 4 being the main front runners with the 6 pressuring them, I think the ones with the best shot are the 6 5 3 and 2.

$2 exacta box 6 5
$1 exacta 6 5/ 3 2
Cost: $6

Race 2---1m70y---Clm3200b
:1: should be up close to the lead. Moving up in class, but has been good lately and may be able to handle
:1a: 10yo deep closer. In good form, but needs the right setup
:2: A fine stalker type that is going good right now. Can handle the class and is consistently putting in a solid effort. Also an oldy
:3: nothing like the former self. Getting up there in years. I don't think so with this group.
:4: No
:5: Good good. Can be up front or off of it. Depends on the start (#), and has had trouble in the best. deserved favorite, but still not mind blowingly better than the others
:6: I think this is it for this one. 4/1 ML, returning to his desired distance, running like he always hadin sprint (#) races, put in a good effort at CD not long ago, and always surprises people when he finally works up to going a mile. Early speedster takes this wire to wire if he can clear the field before the first turn.
:7: Also not that bad

The Play: :6: $5-win, $10-place
$1 trifecta 6/531/5317

Cost: $24

Race 3---5 1/2F---MdnSpWt8k for Illinois-breds
:1: (20/1 ML) I don't see a 20/1 shot here. I think he is better to a degree, and I don't think a bit of run is out of the question. His form is in question because of the layoff for this statistically poor trainer, but he ran 4F and 3F faster than he ever has. Usually, these restricted races aren't supper strong, and I don't think the jump from MdnClm4000 is that big if he is an improving horse
:2: (1/1 ML)Public gave me an easy exacta by betting this one down. Like I said, that state-bred jump is a big one at FP, and he finished a distant 3rd. He ran like I would have expected him to, and he is well suited for the state-bred Sp.Wt. Another plus is that he is a 3yo with a fine weight allowance.
:3: (10/1 ML) Poor everything. May speed things up for a half second before folding
:4: (20/1 ML) May speed things up for a whole second before folding
:5: (6/5 ML) Pretty Funky drop from the 25k ranks to the 4k ranks. Ran well in both and is coming up again to a non-claiming race. Will show up second off the layoff for a good trainer who isn't looking for him to be claimed. Also a 3 year old.
:6: (15/1 ML)5yr old with no workouts this year and a trainer who only has a few runners.
:7: No comment on Buster Bill

The Play: :5: $2-win, $4-place,$8-show
$2 exacta :5: :2: / :5: :2: :1:

Investment: $22

cordep17
07-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Race 1 was a miss

Race 2: Goldfinder, the 6, got second and payed 4.60, so we lost $1 on the 24 dollar investment

The rest of the racing was cancelled for the day

Loss: $7