PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the press: Sum Ting Wong!

JustRalph
07-12-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/epic-ktvu-fail-anchor-reports-pilot-names-including-sum-ting-wong-and-wi-tu-lo_b97368

You can't make it up ..........

Ho Lee Fuk ......

Ocala Mike
07-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Stay classy, San Francisco! Did Ron Burgundy move up there? These newscasters would read anything put in front of them, I guess.

Wi Too Low - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
That is hilarious!, whoever thought of doing that deserves a pulitzer prize...or, some other kind of prize. :lol:

JustRalph
07-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Screen cap from Tv

Steve 'StatMan'
07-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Weno Proofread, reporting.

NJ Stinks
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Great find, Ralph! :D

PhantomOnTour
07-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Reminds me of the old coach joke:

we hired a new coach to turn around our struggling team.
His name is Win Won Soon

Tom
07-13-2013, 12:53 AM
I used to visit the Hyundai plant in Bromont, Quebec back around 1989. all the employees wore coverall uniforms with their names on the front. One guy I met on the line was Dong In Sun!

I was sitting in a meeting one day, at a large table, and this guy comes in late and sits down across from me. His name......Dom Fuch! I had to get up and take a walk. :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm wondering if the NTSB person receieving the call thought the TV stations call was a prank call with those names, and either laughed with it or said "Yeah, yeah, those are the names all right."

jhilden
07-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Supposedly, it was a summer intern at the NTSB that acted outside their responsibility / authorization.

The Asian Anti Defamation League is not taking this lightly and plans to take legal action according to their legal representative, Wi Su Yu. A NTSB public relations representative, Miso Sari, has apologized and pledged the issue will be addressed.

Marshall Bennett
07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
There's no excuse for dumping a modern day jetliner in the manner those jerks did. That said, the new names are fitting and should stick. Sew them on above the pockets on their uniforms. :)

Rookies
07-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Truth always stranger than fiction, Ralph!

Consider the Germans...

German Firm Wins Right to Make Beer Called '****ing Hell'... :lol:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/controversial-brand-name-german-firm-wins-right-to-make-beer-called-****ing-hell-a-686305.html

And a colleague had a legal firm write her about a decision she made:

The legal beagles?

" Poon & Ho":lol: :lol:

I said... well they could have added a 3rd partner...

"Tang" -of course! :jump:

098poi
07-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Really astonishing. Not only were the names shown on the screen they actually read them out loud and no one had a clue?? She knew enough to pronounce Fuk, Fook and not you know, but she didn't realize something was fishy? Wow, wow.