PDA

View Full Version : Furlough Friday

Overlay
07-12-2013, 07:13 AM
The first of eleven such unpaid days for employees in my particular corner of the Federal civil service between now and the end of September, as a result of sequestration. (Next year may feature more of the same, but I plan to be retired by then -- assuming that the current rules haven't changed in the interim.)

JBmadera
07-12-2013, 07:40 AM
The first of eleven such unpaid days for employees in my particular corner of the Federal civil service between now and the end of September, as a result of sequestration. (Next year may feature more of the same, but I plan to be retired by then -- assuming that the current rules haven't changed in the interim.)

Congrats on the pending retirement!!! Full time horse player on your horizon?

Overlay
07-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Congrats on the pending retirement!!! Full time horse player on your horizon?
I'm weighing my options. :D

Striker
07-12-2013, 11:57 AM
My wife started her 11 days also this week. She was allowed to pick which day she wanted to be furloughed though, so she picked Monday. Funny that when the air traffic controllers were furloughed congress acted pretty quick to overturn that because they were directly affected by it. This is tough for anyone to go through, but congrats on your upcoming retirement.

Overlay
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
My wife started her 11 days also this week. She was allowed to pick which day she wanted to be furloughed though, so she picked Monday. Funny that when the air traffic controllers were furloughed congress acted pretty quick to overturn that because they were directly affected by it. This is tough for anyone to go through, but congrats on your upcoming retirement.
My boss ranked our office staff (including himself) by length of government service (from longest to shortest) for priority of furlough day selection, and I came out on top. So I got first choice, and selected Fridays, wherever it did not conflict with a pre-existing requirement for official travel. (Being a dinosaur sometimes has its advantages! :) )

PhantomOnTour
07-12-2013, 05:06 PM
I was clear in the lane of the Ballerina one year with a nice longshot (Bertie something...I think) and Furlough ruined my day!

Hope this furlough is treating you better :)

Steve 'StatMan'
07-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Sure hoping may furloughed employees followed and bet the races today!

I hope it isn't furlong!

Tom
07-13-2013, 12:08 AM
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Turn Furlough Friday into Furlong Friday! ;)