PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder chooses a side in Zimmerman

JustRalph
07-10-2013, 10:21 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/10/did-justice-department-support-anti-zimmerman-protests-after-trayvon-shooting/

Apparently the Justice department chose a side in Zimmerman/Martin

And they used your tax dollars

johnhannibalsmith
07-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Surprise, surprise.

NJ Stinks
07-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Notice how the keep your fingers crossed headline asks the question.

They don't know shit but the headline is a nice snack for the zealots. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Notice how the keep your fingers crossed headline asks the question.

They don't know shit but the headline is a nice snack for the zealots. :rolleyes:So it's ok when you say the media is biased (FOX biased for the right), but when we say the liberal media is biased and buries any and everything negative related to Obama, you tell us that's not true.

Interesting...

fast4522
07-11-2013, 06:34 AM
The state of Illinois just passed its CCW law, the stakes are very high in this case with some trying to roll back recent gains the pro gun movement has made. The third rail will soon be too dam hot to make mention of it and this case will be a distant thought.

Eric who, oh that piece of work.

NJ Stinks
07-11-2013, 11:25 PM
So it's ok when you say the media is biased (FOX biased for the right), but when we say the liberal media is biased and buries any and everything negative related to Obama, you tell us that's not true.

Interesting...

No. I would say much of the media is objective but some are obviously biased in favor of Obama and say so - like MSNBC. On the other hand, FOX News is all anti-Obama all the time while claiming to be fair & balanced.

What's worse - being far less than objective and being proud of it or being far less than objective while claiming to be anything but?

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
This thread is about Eric Holder and Zimmerman...don't want to derail it any further with more rehashing of an old topic.

NJ Stinks
07-11-2013, 11:57 PM
This thread is about Eric Holder and Zimmerman...don't want to derail it any further with more rehashing of an old topic.

I responded to your post. Post 3 was my response to the article Ralph posted from FOX News.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2013, 12:14 AM
I responded to your post. Post 3 was my response to the article Ralph posted from FOX News.But you're bringing the source up once again, as if Fox just makes stories up out of thin air on a regular basis.

Instead of discussing the contents, you want to debate the merits of the reporter. Nice deflection.

In any event, in my response to you earlier, I wasn't even thinking of FOX or MSNBC. I was thinking more along the lines of when Nightline and ABC read the names of military personnel killed in Iraq...and how they somehow don't seem to want to do a similar thing for all those killed under Obama's watch.

And you can extrapolate that kind of media bias across the entire media spectrum, from Letterman to CNN to...well...you name it...

I'm not talking about networks that primarily present PERSONALITIES with opinions (like FOX news and MSNBC)...I'm talking about hard news venues...

ElKabong
07-12-2013, 12:25 AM
No. I would say much of the media is objective but some are obviously biased in favor of Obama and say so - like MSNBC. On the other hand, FOX News is all anti-Obama all the time while claiming to be fair & balanced.

What's worse - being far less than objective and being proud of it or being far less than objective while claiming to be anything but?

Just curious, do you have a comment about why tax dollars were used for organizing demonstrations against a US citizen?

The DOJ raising funds for a demonstration against a US citizen is bad enough. Doing it prior to his trial is even worse. Even with a flimsy case presented by the state, Zimmerman was up against it from the get go. The DOJ saw to it.

NJ Stinks
07-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Just curious, do you have a comment about why tax dollars were used for organizing demonstrations against a US citizen?

The DOJ raising funds for a demonstration against a US citizen is bad enough. Doing it prior to his trial is even worse. Even with a flimsy case presented by the state, Zimmerman was up against it from the get go. The DOJ saw to it.

From the article Ralph linked:

But it's not clear from the article whether the unit's involvement crossed the line from mediation to advocacy. The article generally described their role as teaching civil-rights organizers how to manage crowds and easing tensions. An agency official said their goal was to "build local capacity to deal with these issues."

The Justice Department did not respond Wednesday to requests from Fox News for comment on the Judicial Watch documents.

The CRS unit was established under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"For more than 45 years, CRS has been asked to provide its experienced mediators to help local communities resolve conflicts and disturbances relating to race, color, or national origin," the department says on its website (http://www.justice.gov/crs/about-crs.htm)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.

Don't get why you think CRS organized anything. Making sure local demonstrations don't get out of hand sounds exactly like CRS was doing what it was created to do.

dartman51
07-12-2013, 01:45 PM
This demonizing of George Zimmerman, began when the President decided to inject himself into yet another issue involving race. I saw shirts at the protests with the President's quote, "If I had a son, he would look like Trevon Martin." :ThmbUp:

mostpost
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
From the article Ralph linked:

But it's not clear from the article whether the unit's involvement crossed the line from mediation to advocacy. The article generally described their role as teaching civil-rights organizers how to manage crowds and easing tensions. An agency official said their goal was to "build local capacity to deal with these issues."

The Justice Department did not respond Wednesday to requests from Fox News for comment on the Judicial Watch documents.

The CRS unit was established under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"For more than 45 years, CRS has been asked to provide its experienced mediators to help local communities resolve conflicts and disturbances relating to race, color, or national origin," the department says on its website (http://www.justice.gov/crs/about-crs.htm)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.

Don't get why you think CRS organized anything. Making sure local demonstrations don't get out of hand sounds exactly like CRS was doing what it was created to do.

This is exactly what I found in researching this.
If any body bothered to go to the Judicial Watch website and lock at the FOIA documents they posted, they would find that they are all per diem requests by agents of the agency. CRS assists local officials in dealing with demonstrations. It does not assist groups in putting on demonstrations.

Judicial Watch knows this but it chooses to spin it a different way. In other words it chooses to lie.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
This demonizing of George Zimmerman, began when the President decided to inject himself into yet another issue involving race. I saw shirts at the protests with the President's quote, "If I had a son, he would look like Trevon Martin." :ThmbUp:

I never took that statement as an attack, as it is true they would likely have looked similar. The support for Martin and his family may look like justification for his families side of the argument. Clearly the media went that way big time for a long time.

Eric Holder, etc. yes, that was the justice system politicians taking a side and trying to affect things, instead of looking at and for cold hard facts and the real reality, not just preceptions of reality.

Tom
07-13-2013, 12:12 AM

You think this is what his 20 years of sitting in the Church of Hate listening to his spiritual adviser spit out venom played a role in his serial-racist remarks?
Anyone see tee shirt that said "Typical White Person?" Another of is famous quotes.

ElKabong
07-13-2013, 12:29 AM

Did the t-shirt have the often seen pic of Obama smoking a joint wearing a white straw leisure hat? If so, "that's Obie's boy"

I can't believe in my lifetime the DOJ injects itself into a trial, involving a US citizen, prior to going to court, and a money trail exists to prove it.

newtothegame
07-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Did the t-shirt have the often seen pic of Obama smoking a joint wearing a white straw leisure hat? If so, "that's Obie's boy"

I can't believe in my lifetime the DOJ injects itself into a trial, involving a US citizen, prior to going to court, and a money trail exists to prove it.
Why not? The president got into Harvard Professor case too.....
Seems this President injects himself into caes he shouldnt....maybe if they focused more on things like Benghazi.....
Ahhh who am I kidding? Only myself I guess :lol:

ElKabong
07-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Why not? The president got into Harvard Professor case too.....
Seems this President injects himself into caes he shouldnt....maybe if they focused more on things like Benghazi.....
Ahhh who am I kidding? Only myself I guess :lol:

Correct.

These "look over here! a perceived racist!" tactics just take eyes off the more obvious and real problems. The jobless rate, ACA's failure to launch, Benghazi, Morsi, Assad, NSA problems, an IRS org that is completely out of control.

The DOJ is doing nothing but community organizing in this effort. It's unhealthy on all levels. The Know Nothing Preznit is responsible.

Mike at A+
07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Had to laugh last night when some liberal guest on Fox was complaining about the "complexion" of the typical jail population saying that it was somehow unfair that so many of the inmates were non-white. Hellooooooooo McFly. Is it possible that the overwhelming majority of violent crimes in those locales were committed by non-whites? Nahhhhhhhh, that can't be it!