PDA

View Full Version : Arlington July 13 card

Valuist
07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Million Preview day with four Grade 3s and another stake that's ungraded. $100k guaranteed stakes Pic 4. But it is puzzling that AP would card two Grade 3s for older turf runners on the same card. One at 1 1/4 miles, the other 1 1/2. The Stars and Stripes came up weak as 4 of the 6 entrants are Illinois breds. Marketing Mix choosing to bypass the Modesty makes the race much more wide open. She probably would've been odds on.

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/AP071313USA-EQB.html

Striker
07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
You know Arlington has one for a prep for the St. Leger and then the other race as a prep for the Million. There should be at least a few runners from across the pond that come over for the St. Leger, and I think Dandino is already confirmed for that race. He will be a heavy favorite in that race if he runs. Nice to see three Pick 4's and a $100k guaranteed pool on the mid-Pk4. Coach Jimi Lee Stakes looks like a great betting race also.

Valuist
07-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I suspect Beer Garden will definitely be lower than the 20-1 odds he's listed at in the ML. Yes, he's moving up but just blew away the field at CD. Definite lack of speed should put him toward the front with Coalport. Dullahan still hasn't won on grass, but his ideal scenario seems to be synthetic with a very fast pace up front. Rahystrada? Maybe but at 9 I have a hard time taking a low price on him.

Valuist
07-14-2013, 11:41 AM
9 year old Rahystrada wins the Arlington Handicap for the 3rd time in 4 years. Pretty impressive.

lamboguy
07-14-2013, 11:49 AM
i missed the first race at Arlington yesterday. i lost track of the horse because i never knew his name. he galloped and paid $5.60 :bang: